Kyle Serrano has left the program

Unfortunately a losing culture within the program is what really makes wholesale changes necessary. The staff is full of good baseball people and there are some good baseball players on this team but it's going to take a new captain to attempt to get this ship turned around. Unfortunate.

Sounds like arm issues. Just speculation on my part.

Herpes. Nothing to see here, move along.

Sorry ya'll, been a rough year.

Stupid, stupid post.

I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with this young man, however, I do think this is his dad's last chance in Knoxville. I know he loves the school, but he just couldn't pull it off. When Vandy can wield a nationally prominent team and the only real U in Tennessee can't, then it's time for a change.

Reactions: 1 person
People talking here in TX are saying this is long been coming. Just 2 weeks ago Kyle was suspended for skipping class and drinking related issues. Plus over the last few years the same type of issues. He is good but he is not the 2nd coming. Looks like CDS has many issues in the club house. What is new AD going to do about it.

People talking here in TX are saying this is long been coming. Just 2 weeks ago Kyle was suspended for skipping class and drinking related issues. Plus over the last few years the same type of issues. He is good but he is not the 2nd coming. Looks like CDS has many issues in the club house. What is new AD going to do about it.

CDS days are numbered, if the vols get swept this weekend I wouldn't be surprised if a move were made Monday.

When Vandy can wield a nationally prominent team and the only real U in Tennessee can't, then it's time for a change.

It isn't 1993 anymore. There have been significant changes in the college baseball landscape, and Vanderbilt is likely to have a good team whether Tennessee returns to prominence or not. Every single school in the SEC has the tools to produce a quality product in baseball---whether they have the will to do so is another question, and obviously all 14 schools can't be good at the same time.

Serrano may deserve to be replaced, but measuring him against Vanderbilt isn't the reason to do it.

Reactions: 5 people
It isn't 1993 anymore. There have been significant changes in the college baseball landscape, and Vanderbilt is likely to have a good team whether Tennessee returns to prominence or not. Every single school in the SEC has the tools to produce a quality product in baseball---whether they have the will to do so is another question, and obviously all 14 schools can't be good at the same time.

Serrano may deserve to be replaced, but measuring him against Vanderbilt isn't the reason to do it.

I want to win period. Do not care about any other program. I just care about the Vol's period.....

Kyles exit is completely personal. It was a long time coming, young man needs some help so please send him some prayers. Hope he gets better soon.

Reactions: 5 people
Good luck to Kyle Serrano in his future endeavors and any word on why Santiago and Lethridge were suspended?

Good luck to Kyle Serrano in his future endeavors and any word on why Santiago and Lethridge were suspended?

Wouldn't be surprised if there was some altercations, maybe between those two or maybe those two to others, regarding effort/production. Pure speculation, of course, but that's how it reads to me. Especially since Santiago is pretty much the only vocal leader out there. Mishandled frustration.

Not much he (the new AD) can do other than clean out the clubhouse. I suppose it's time. :hmm:

Stupid, stupid post.

I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with this young man, however, I do think this is his dad's last chance in Knoxville. I know he loves the school, but he just couldn't pull it off. When Vandy can wield a nationally prominent team and the only real U in Tennessee can't, then it's time for a change.
Lighten up sweetheart. It was a joke.

VN Store

Back