Kyle Rittenhouse - The Truth in 11 Minutes

The only thing Kyle Rittenhouse is guilty of is having a very punchable face and getting separated from his group. I think Kenosha Militia was the name of the group.

Supposition (look that word up Speedo) -
Kyle got separated from his group. Due to Kyle's overwhelmingly punchable face, some of the leftist scum couldn't overcome the predatory instincts imbedded in their pedophilic and domestically abusive nature.

I'm not saying Kyle should have been there, but if I had a child with a face as punchable as Kyle's, I wouldn't let them check the mail without a gun.

Reactions: LouderVol
The only thing Kyle Rittenhouse is guilty of is having a very punchable face and getting separated from his group. I think Kenosha Militia was the name of the group.

Supposition (look that word up Speedo) -
Kyle got separated from his group. Due to Kyle's overwhelmingly punchable face, some of the leftist scum couldn't overcome the predatory instincts imbedded in their pedophilic and domestically abusive nature.

I'm not saying Kyle should have been there, but if I had a child with a face as punchable as Kyle's, I wouldn't let them check the mail without a gun.

I always thought a militia had some sort of imprimatur of official sanction, by a colony or even a state. So a bunch of guys sitting around drinking beers and getting mad at the internet can form a group of 5 or 6 of them, arm themselves, and call themselves a "militia"? Yikes!

I always thought a militia had some sort of imprimatur of official sanction, by a colony or even a state. So a bunch of guys sitting around drinking beers and getting mad at the internet can form a group of 5 or 6 of them, arm themselves, and call themselves a "militia"? Yikes!
I'm not familiar with any specifics in this case but I do believe the definition of militia throws a pretty wide net.

I always thought a militia was an informal group of citizens who step up when their government can't or won't protect them. like from a rabid mob burning down local businesses.

relying on some type of official sanction is literally counter intuitive.

now if those 5 or 6 dudes are getting drunk and rolling around an every-night acting like cops, yeah thats a problem. but when you are yours are in trouble and the local authorities aren't stepping up, there is a reason self defense is legal in some parts of this country. a militia is simply self defense when an individual is incapable of dealing with the problem themselves. like in the case of an active mob burning down chunks of town.

I'm not familiar with any specifics in this case but I do believe the definition of militia throws a pretty wide net.

Sure, but wide enough to encompass some guys who just call themselves a militia?

By that logic the four who attacked the Russian concert were merely a "militia."

I always thought a militia was an informal group of citizens who step up when their government can't or won't protect them. like from a rabid mob burning down local businesses.

relying on some type of official sanction is literally counter intuitive.

now if those 5 or 6 dudes are getting drunk and rolling around an every-night acting like cops, yeah thats a problem. but when you are yours are in trouble and the local authorities aren't stepping up, there is a reason self defense is legal in some parts of this country. a militia is simply self defense when an individual is incapable of dealing with the problem themselves. like in the case of an active mob burning down chunks of town.

Self-defense to get in your car and drive three or four hours to confront some folks you disagree with ain't nearly so noble as "self-defense," sir.

Sure, but wide enough to encompass some guys who just call themselves a militia?

By that logic the four who attacked the Russian concert were merely a "militia."

A group of people can call themselves just about anything they want, I doubt the word militia is trademarked.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
I just looked it up, I had the name wrong. It was Kenosha Guard they called themselves.
group of 5 or 6 of them, arm themselves, and call themselves a "militia"? Yikes!
I don't know about the legality of using 'militia' in the name, but no reason not to use fear hyperbole. They could call themselves stuff like

Kenosha Avengers
Kenosha Doom Patrol
Kenosha Punishers
It's a scary, scary world LG.

A group of people can call themselves just about anything they want, I doubt the word militia is trademarked.

True, but it was invoked in this thread to try to give their action in arming themselves and driving hours away as "self-defense" in the tradition of a "militia," which is obviously designed of course to equate what they did to those revolutionary militias that sparked the beginning of the American revolution in the colones. It is similar to the rhetoric of the Tea Party and the invoking of "Second Amendment rights." It intentionally dresses up cheap, inauthentic conduct and cloaks it as equivalent to something more widely recognized as patriotic.

True, but it was invoked in this thread to try to give their action in arming themselves and driving hours away as "self-defense" in the tradition of a "militia," which is obviously designed of course to equate what they did to those revolutionary militias that sparked the beginning of the American revolution in the colones. It is similar to the rhetoric of the Tea Party and the invoking of "Second Amendment rights." It intentionally dresses up cheap, inauthentic conduct and cloaks it as equivalent to something more widely recognized as patriotic.

Oh good grief.

I just looked it up, I had the name wrong. It was Kenosha Guard they called themselves.

I don't know about the legality of using 'militia' in the name, but no reason not to use fear hyperbole. They could call themselves stuff like

Kenosha Avengers
Kenosha Doom Patrol
Kenosha Punishers

It's a scary, scary world LG.
Wiscy Rebellion, ftw.

It was invoked in this thread to point out the cowardice of the pedophile and domestic abuser scum for picking out the weakest link.

Here's a better question...as a matter of definition how exactly would you keep a group (for giggles let's say 10 people) that got together for the common purpose of looking over the well being of an area from a possible articulable threat from calling themselves a militia under that word's current meaning? A pretty damn loose interpretation? Certainly. I'm not sure you could dismiss the usage though.

Rittenhouse was actually asked to give a speech to some crazy right-wing group? You know people have jumped the shark
when they ask some stupid punk kid who crossed a state line to show up at a protest he had nothing to do with, armed with an assault rifle, and there he murdered two people. He got away with it owing to some bull$hit self-defense argument. Disgraceful. Glad to see these young people doing their thing.

You mean he went across town to an event he had as much being there for as any on those involved?

Now if you'd have said stupid punk kid who shot a bunch of other stupid punk kids I'd be right there with you.

Self defense is not bullshat.

I see stupid young people going after another group of stupid young people....... Weird to celebrate one group of stupid young people while demonizing another......... And all while I'm responding to a stupid take.

Here's a better question...as a matter of definition how exactly would you keep a group (for giggles let's say 10 people) that got together for the common purpose of looking over the well being of an area from a possible articulable threat from calling themselves a militia under that word's current meaning? A pretty damn loose interpretation? Certainly. I'm not sure you could dismiss the usage though.

I just recoil at use of the word "militia" to describe them because it evokes the memory of something substantive, long lasting, and real.

VN Store

Back