Kyle Alexander in 2019 mock NBA Draft

Also a side note, why doesn’t Alexander shoot the 3 Ball more?

I know he’s needed to help out Williams & Walker but I’ve seen several opportunities where he’s been open for 3s but never would take the shot.

I know this is gonna sound stupid as hell...but is there a chance we see it come SECT/NCAAT? It’s not on film for anyone, he gets left all alone, you could easily get him a few looks and it would likely take 3-4 makes before they thought about adjusting.

Those who watch practice says he’s got great touch and very consistent, has a good stroke from the line and splashed that 1 attempt agains Purdue...just a thought.

Ha. Got lucky. My buddy had the hookup. Not me.

I’d say he’s 6’10”.

Love that my good buddy VFGL from the RF is keeping me in check over here though.

Haha. I always forget to come over here and annoy you guys too. Maybe I’ll have to make more appearances.

Of all the players on UT's roster, KA has the best combination of size and athleticism for the NBA. If his offensive game continues to improve I could see him in the league.

His true height and length is deceiving cause he’s always slumped over keeping his young deer legs ready to move. But that’s also why he’s able to contest shots like he is. Imo Cause he doesn’t seem as tall as he actually is

Has the opportunity to move up even further next year, too. As I recall next years class is more guard heavy.

What class? Don't we have one scholly available and it's going to the dude from Memphis or Simons if he doesn't go pro. I hope he don't go, guy is a baller and we could make a serious run next year with him.

Lmao Kyle is not a 1st or 2nd round NBA player period. Keep in mind these are the same dumbasses that say we have a playoff caliber football team.

Reactions: 1 person
Lmao Kyle is not a 1st or 2nd round NBA player period. Keep in mind these are the same dumbasses that say we have a playoff caliber football team.

And you didn’t like UTs chances in any of the 6 straight they just reeled off. So might better board up that glass.

Last edited:
What class? Don't we have one scholly available and it's going to the dude from Memphis or Simons if he doesn't go pro. I hope he don't go, guy is a baller and we could make a serious run next year with him.

Talking about the draft class. Not our class.

You realize that’s not what the article said at all, right?

If you’re going to use an article as a comparison, you should probably actually read it.

Reactions: 2 people
Also a side note, why doesn’t Alexander shoot the 3 Ball more?

I know he’s needed to help out Williams & Walker but I’ve seen several opportunities where he’s been open for 3s but never would take the shot.

Not sure if this is why. But in one of those times CRB spoke candidly after a game he mentioned they want Alexander to try to dunk it every time. So that's probably what Kyle is focusing on.

Wow ! I hope he puts on 30-35lbs between now and then. Love how he's progressing.

That's alot for one year. I'm not sure that wouldn't drastically take away his athleticism. If so he wouldn't be the player we would need. 15lbs. Or so so might be more reasonable for a single season body change.

Reactions: 1 person
That's alot for one year. I'm not sure that wouldn't drastically take away his athleticism. If so he wouldn't be the player we would need. 15lbs. Or so so might be more reasonable for a single season body change.

Yep. His best skills are running the floor and his quick leaping ability. Adding weight likely takes away from those. At least adding the kind of weight the op suggested

I just don't see KA getting drafted but crazier things have happened. He's really improved his game this season.

I just don't see KA getting drafted but crazier things have happened. He's really improved his game this season.

He’s gotta find that consistency, not saying he needs to score 12pts a game, but too many games he isn’t checked in and just disappears and ends up logging 15 minutes. He can effect the game by more than just scoring and blocking shots when he’s focused, and that’s the things those scouts notice. Late 1st round definitely seems a bit high but maybe they’re projecting another big improvement from him in the off season.

VN Store

Back