Knoxville Restaurants

Fuddruckers was all the rage like 20 years ago. Even then their burgers were just ok.

Fuddruckers was all the rage like 20 years ago. Even then their burgers were just ok.

I'll take one of the 3 little pigs burgers. Is that just randomly thrown into the specials or will that make it on the menu?

Nah it's just a random special he chose to do. One of the things he mentioned right off the bat with the staff was that he wanted to do specials on the weekends that were more than just "hey what do we have extra of" and more "what can we get at a good price." A couple weeks ago he did a lamb burger with a feta aioli that was fantastic.

Reactions: 1 person
Roundup Restaurant in South Knoxville is in some hot water. Apparently the owner was knowingly buying meat stolen from local grocery stores. Sad.

http://wate.com/2017/09/13/south-knox-county-restaurant-accused-of-selling-stolen-meat-to-customers/

Anyone seen Ricky around these parts?

MKT_6386.jpg

Apparently, the chef from Seasons is opening a new concept in the former Orangery building. I believe they are scheduled for October.

Apparently, the chef from Seasons is opening a new concept in the former Orangery building. I believe they are scheduled for October.

Good to know. I'll be up there several times this Fall/Winter. Will have to check out.

A friend and I ate dinner at Altruda's last night. We had the appetizer sampler and for our entree we shared the Ziti al Forno. Excellent all the way around although the artichoke hearts in the appetizer and the rolls came with a little too much garlic butter.

It's a nice touch that they actually split the entree in the kitchen and served each half separately instead of us having to do it at the table.

A friend and I ate dinner at Altruda's last night. We had the appetizer sampler and for our entree we shared the Ziti al Forno. Excellent all the way around although the artichoke hearts in the appetizer and the rolls came with a little too much garlic butter.

It's a nice touch that they actually split the entree in the kitchen and served each half separately instead of us having to do it at the table.

Is there really such thing as too much garlic butter?

Did you start with a Sullivan Smoker?

No, I got a Mescal Negroni. Honestly, all the drinks sounded awesome so it was hard to choose. I did the Elk Sliders and Lobster Hush Puppies as an appetizer, and the Pan Seared Trout. Seriously, some of the best food I’ve ever had.

VN Store

Back