Knoxville Restaurants

For those of you heading to Atlanta this weekend that enjoy cajun style food, then you owe it to yourself to try Henry's. It is west of I_75 at the Ackworth exit. Henry is a relocated cajun who grew up in a cooking family.also the atmosphere is super and they also occasionally have live entertainment. Shrimp and grits baby.

here is the link to their website.

just noticed they are closed Monday on Labor Day.

http://www.chefhenrys.com/

Bought a couple meals at Zaxby's, came out to be almost $19. Expensive chicken!

Apperantly some folks think that's an acceptable price for a rubber chicken on Styrofoam plates with tacky wall decor

Oliver Royale tonight:

Great ambiance and background music, wonderful service, and everything was on point with one exception. There clams and mussels were some of the best I've had, the scallops were perfect, salad was good, and the flavors of our fish dishes were incredible...very creative and flavorful. However, both my seared snapper and my wife's halibut were definitely overcooked. Still an enjoyable meal, but it's criminal to cook good fish fillets beyond flaky.

I'm assuming it was just a cook error, and it didn't ruin the meal, but a little disappointing nonetheless.

Got to Lenoir City last night and Dad had picked up some brisket and pulled pork from Full Service. I agree with most on here, it was very good.

Had pizza from Little Joe's last night. I thought it was good. I've never had it before.

My family started doing quarterly birthday dinners. Really enjoyed the first couple, looking for better and different places. About 15-22 people.

Any suggestions in Knoxville for places that can handle a group like that? A separate room is fine, I just didn't want to get into a separate menu, etc. Doesn't need to be anything extravagant. I mean, they're looking around at pizza inn and Gatti's so the bar isn't high. Mainly just a place we can get together and my mom doesn't feel like she has to clean up afterwards.

Just got done eating at Connors for the first time... yeah, that was damned good and now I will slip away into a food coma.

My family started doing quarterly birthday dinners. Really enjoyed the first couple, looking for better and different places. About 15-22 people.

Any suggestions in Knoxville for places that can handle a group like that? A separate room is fine, I just didn't want to get into a separate menu, etc. Doesn't need to be anything extravagant. I mean, they're looking around at pizza inn and Gatti's so the bar isn't high. Mainly just a place we can get together and my mom doesn't feel like she has to clean up afterwards.

https://www.chuckecheese.com/storedetails/tn/knoxville/55

Blackhorse in Western Plaza, there's something for everybody and they have room, for that size group

Reactions: 1 person

My place of work, KTown Tavern, has private rooms to accommodate that size. If you want to use the standard KTown Tavern menu, there's a $70 room fee. It's possible to not get the fee if you reach like $30something/person (can't remember the exact price per person). If everyone's getting a couple drinks, though, you've got a good chance at reaching that price. Great pizzas and burgers. We just got a new chef and sous chef. Makes fantastic specials. This weekend's special is a 3 Little Pigs burger, topped with pulled pork, candied bacon, and smoked-then-pan-fried pork belly.

My place of work, KTown Tavern, has private rooms to accommodate that size. If you want to use the standard KTown Tavern menu, there's a $70 room fee. It's possible to not get the fee if you reach like $30something/person (can't remember the exact price per person). If everyone's getting a couple drinks, though, you've got a good chance at reaching that price. Great pizzas and burgers. We just got a new chef and sous chef. Makes fantastic specials. This weekend's special is a 3 Little Pigs burger, topped with pulled pork, candied bacon, and smoked-then-pan-fried pork belly.

Perhaps a good call?

Thanks man. I'll pass it along to the women running it.

Perhaps a good call?

Eh not necessarily. The guy we had previously did a great job working out kinks. He was just kinda a little bit of an ass that people didn't necessarily love to work with. He opened the Blackhorse in town as head chef. He left us to start his own place. Amicable parting as opposed to gtfo. Everyone before him was the problem. New guy was head chef at CRU for years. Brought some guys with him from there, including his sous chef.

I'll take one of the 3 little pigs burgers. Is that just randomly thrown into the specials or will that make it on the menu?

VN Store

Back