Knoxville Restaurants

I haven't had an a la carte steak there. The Elk and tenderloin entrees are both very, very good.

If I was going to splurge, I'd have to go with the tomahawk ribeye. :)

Oh, and once you have the truffled Mac n' cheese, you will forget about the loaded potato.

Tomahawk ribeyes look impressive but you're paying a lot of money for a bone.... I know, insert "that's what she said" jokes. :p

Tomahawk ribeyes look impressive but you're paying a lot of money for a bone.... I know, insert "that's what she said" jokes. :p

Yeah, that's the one cut there that is not priced per ounce, which accounts for the bone. I would guess the 32 oz steak is probably actually 16-20 oz of meat

SIAP, but I am addicted to hot and sour soup. My favorite in Knoxville is at Szechuan Garden in South Knoxville and Golden Garden on Oak Ridge Highway. I also like the soup at PF Chang. Does anyone else have any recommendations on where to get some tasty hot and sour soup? In my opinion, in order for it to be good, it has to have a distinct sour twang in addition to the heat (thus, the name). TIA.

Just continue going to Szechuan. The people there know me by name now I go so regularly.

For anyone interested in going to Fleming's they still have this going on:

https://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/...utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=filetandlobster

My mom and sister went for the prix fixe menu one evening. Unfortunately that particular night their dishes were a miss rather than a hit. They'd have been happier opting for the full menu 12oz filet. They also commented that they didn't believe their cut of steak was of the same quality as the full menu steak.

My mom and sister went for the prix fixe menu one evening. Unfortunately that particular night their dishes were a miss rather than a hit. They'd have been happier opting for the full menu 12oz filet. They also commented that they didn't believe their cut of steak was of the same quality as the full menu steak.

Why try to bring new folks in and then serve them a different grade of steak? Doesn't make sense.

Why try to bring new folks in and then serve them a different grade of steak? Doesn't make sense.

Yeah I don't know, it could have just been a one off type of situation. As a diner though you're still paying $50 for the meal so it's not cheap.

Interesting. My wife and I did this earlier this summer and I said the opposite. I should have opted for the 8oz filet instead of the 12. All the 12oz had was a knotting bone hanging on it that was difficult to cut around.

I guess like everything else, it's hit or miss.

Interesting. My wife and I did this earlier this summer and I said the opposite. I should have opted for the 8oz filet instead of the 12. All the 12oz had was a knotting bone hanging on it that was difficult to cut around.

I guess like everything else, it's hit or miss.

I've never been served a bone or part of a bone when I ordered filet at Flemings. That's a little concerning.

Reactions: 1 person
For those of you heading to Atlanta this weekend that enjoy cajun style food, then you owe it to yourself to try Henry's. It is west of I_75 at the Ackworth exit. Henry is a relocated cajun who grew up in a cooking family.also the atmosphere is super and they also occasionally have live entertainment. Shrimp and grits baby.

For those of you heading to Atlanta this weekend that enjoy cajun style food, then you owe it to yourself to try Henry's. It is west of I_75 at the Ackworth exit. Henry is a relocated cajun who grew up in a cooking family.also the atmosphere is super and they also occasionally have live entertainment. Shrimp and grits baby.

I'll second this place. Good eats and Henry was a nice guy when we visited. And the Akworth downtown is a nice little town.

Reactions: 1 person
The 12oz is the bone-in filet. IMO, bone-in filet is a fancy way to up the price on a "normal" filet.

Must be a Florida thing then because I've ordered the 12oz filet multiple times here in Knoxville and never got a bone.

VN Store

Back