Knecht in the latest ESPN mock draft

Still can't wrap my head around Reed Sheppard being the #3 overall draft pick. He's a great player, no doubt, but man #3 overall?? He is certainly a prolific shooter.
I'm in the same boat. I hadn't looked at too many draft boards up until today and I was surprised to see Sheppard that high.

I'm in the same boat. I hadn't looked at too many draft boards up until today and I was surprised to see Sheppard that high.

Speaks to the weakness of the draft class. If Knecht was 1-2 years younger, he'd likely be the #1 pick, IMO. But the fact Sheppard is anywhere near the top of the board shows how lukewarm GMs are on the talent available.

Last name has to help Sheppard some, although I'm not certain why. He's an elite shooter, but not #3 worthy
His name only really carries weight in the state of Kentucky. His dad washed out of the NBA having only appeared in 18 games in one season. Coming from little ol' Richmond, KY, I didn't expect him to make the splash he did as a freshman, and I don't expect him to be a huge difference-maker in the NBA. Now, watch him go be Steph Curry lite now that I've doubted him again, but in most other drafts, I'd venture to guess he's more of a fringe lottery pick. I think he's going to have a tough time living up to that draft capital, but we'll see.

Still can't wrap my head around Reed Sheppard being the #3 overall draft pick. He's a great player, no doubt, but man #3 overall?? He is certainly a prolific shooter.
I would not waste a high pick on him. Would rather trade out and get more 1st round picks or package it for an established player.

Grizzlies and Spurs seem to be doing the most diligence on him. I’d love to see him play for the Grizzlies, but the Spurs seem like a better fit.

Spurs make a lot of sense for fit, but also because they have 2 top 8 picks so they can afford to take a high-ceiling project at 4 and a plug and play rotation guy at 8.

Spurs make a lot of sense for fit, but also because they have 2 top 8 picks so they can afford to take a high-ceiling project at 4 and a plug and play rotation guy at 8.

Just going to reiterate from another thread that as Spurs fan, I would be ecstatic if this happened!

The SPURS will be finals contenders very soon, so going there will Definitely be a résumé builder Should he go free agent after the original contract?

Reactions: NEO
There are quite a few organizations that are not that far off from being playoff ready that are in the Top 10, so there are a few situations for Knecht that could be really good for him.

I would wonder if the Hawks trade back from the #1 pick to later in the lottery. If so, he would be a nice fit there as well.

Calipari wasted more talent than Dean Smith!

yes and no: None of his best players, or players with the most potential, ever stayed there long enough to be part of a great team. Freshmen, no matter how talented, are freshmen. It's why one-and-done is fine for certain players but mostly bull$hit for college programs.

Reactions: SlyStone

VN Store

Back