Kirby

DonDiego

Carolina del Sur
OK, I know Kirby is a really popular subject in the Vol BB forum, and I know Preacher posts often, so I don't want to come across as solicitous or anything, but I'd just like to say thanks to Preacherman for giving us a really fine young man. The guy loves Tennessee, he's ridiculously accomplished, and he just does things the right way. Thanks Kirby, and thanks Preacherman. Thanks also to CTV for recognizing and appreciating what he has.

OK, I know Kirby is a really popular subject in the Vol BB forum, and I know Preacher posts often, so I don't want to come across as solicitous or anything, but I'd just like to say thanks to Preacherman for giving us a really fine young man. The guy loves Tennessee, he's ridiculously accomplished, and he just does things the right way. Thanks Kirby, and thanks Preacherman. Thanks also to CTV for recognizing and appreciating what he has.
Brown nosing will get you a long way here sir..hahaha…

Seriously. I had just watched the game on ESPN recorded and I just had an overwhelming appreciation for how this guy comes in and just gets the job done. I've raised boys and I know how difficult it can be...I've won one and lost one. I'm hugely impressed with this young man. May God bless them.

Seriously. I had just watched the game on ESPN recorded and I just had an overwhelming appreciation for how this guy comes in and just gets the job done. I've raised boys and I know how difficult it can be...I've won one and lost one. I'm hugely impressed with this young man. May God bless them.
Well said. Hopefully he’s coaching at UT in 2025 unless he gets a shot at the big leagues. Kirby is a winner and so glad he’s a Vol!

Thank you. I am blessed to have three great young men and successful in what they do. I understand that Kirby is not the typical SEC pitcher, as DVH once told me, and I get that. But he and Redmond, who we love very much, open the door for a lot of guys who don't do it traditionally. My oldest son, Cody, coaches at David Crockett HS and is taking his guys to the State Tournament next week and my middle son, Kevin, coaches juco softball and they are 20-6 right now. This place has/is a great place for me. Hope I add something to the mix.

Hearing the loud ovations from the fans at LNS when he is introduced coming into games gives me chills. The respect he garners from Tennessee fans is a sight to see.

Ultimately, the things he does off the field and the lives he affects in a positive way are just special. I feel blessed watching this young man.

Well, I guess I'm the last to know that Preacherman is Kirby's father. It all adds up. Many thanks to both & GO DIAMOND VOLS!
dang it... who had 3/8/24 as the date that 'sax discovered the preacherman connection in the pick 'em?

seriously, Kirby should get a lot of credit for being a huge part of the culture that brings these young men to Knoxville. And apples don't fall far from the tree.

Last edited:
Hearing the loud ovations from the fans at LNS when he is introduced coming into games gives me chills. The respect he garners from Tennessee fans is a sight to see.

Ultimately, the things he does off the field and the lives he affects in a positive way are just special. I feel blessed watching this young man.
👍🍊😀👊👊😃🍊. Yes sir!!! This. Right. Here. Kirby’s building a tremendous legacy on and OFF the field! I’m even more impressed with his contributions in the community Off the field and that’s saying a lot. Kirby is the epitome of a VOLUNTEER! He walks the walk as a true Christian leader and consummate teammate.

PS. It’s great to see Vol fans expressing their admiration for an athlete who does it right. In a world where so called fans (vocal minority IMHO) leverage social media and message boards to anonymously undermine and disparage college athletes (and others), it’s awesome when it’s used to build up and praise…

I love the fact that when he's not on the mound whether he's in the dugout or on his podcast, his personality is so fun-loving and contagious....

But when he's pitching he looks so intimidating it's as if he is a different animal. And that's contagious too, watch the rest of the team....

No suckup post haha

Thank you. I am blessed to have three great young men and successful in what they do. I understand that Kirby is not the typical SEC pitcher, as DVH once told me, and I get that. But he and Redmond, who we love very much, open the door for a lot of guys who don't do it traditionally. My oldest son, Cody, coaches at David Crockett HS and is taking his guys to the State Tournament next week and my middle son, Kevin, coaches juco softball and they are 20-6 right now. This place has/is a great place for me. Hope I add something to the mix.
I’m sure my abrasive in game negativity has me pretty low on the list of people you like around here, but I’ll chime in and say the baseball forum having you and Zander’s relative around is wholly unique in giving us an inside perspective.

Very cool of you guys to be here. I’d never advise it for obvious reasons, but y’all have stuck it out very well.

I tell parents and family all the time that this is a great place except when your kid is having a bad day on game day. Then don't click. You guys have been very good to Kirby and I. I usually read the game thread after he is done pitching and when he is not in the game. It has been harder this year because I know he has insider information that does not need to get out so I don't ask him very little unless he shares it and then he will usually tell me public or private. I have built great relationships with a lot of the players through the podcast so I can ask them but I don't ever share who told me. Plus a lot of the time the parents will share with me.

I’m sure my abrasive in game negativity has me pretty low on the list of people you like around here, but I’ll chime in and say the baseball forum having you and Zander’s relative around is wholly unique in giving us an inside perspective.

Very cool of you guys to be here. I’d never advise it for obvious reasons, but y’all have stuck it out very well.
You aren’t on the list of those posters, you are one of the good guys.

You ain't that bad. Take it from the bottom of the barrel.

VN Store

Back