Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Just finished the first major battle of the storyline - won't drop any spoilers, but I gotta say it was the most fun I've had playing a video game in a long time. KCD is flawed but it's amazing!

Reactions: 1 person
Just finished the first major battle of the storyline - won't drop any spoilers, but I gotta say it was the most fun I've had playing a video game in a long time. KCD is flawed but it's amazing!

I actually got on here to ask how much progress everyone has made so far. I finished what you're talking about, about 2 hours (gameplay) ago. It literally blew me away how much fun and intense it was!

After that though I started doing side quest to try and grind out some levels. Right now I'm just a level 8 (main level) and my strength and agility are around 8 and 7. Which with how many hours I've put in so far you'd think I'd be maxed out by now lol love the grind though.

Hbu? Main level? Stats? Anything you'd like to share

Again I’ll say.. f*** lock picking in this game. Especially quests that require it. I can’t do the easy ones. Stuck on quests with it for hours when it should be done in ten minutes.

I’ve nearly rage quit multiple times. Honestly considering skipping this quest. I can’t for the life of me get the ring from the executioner. I saved just before it and have probably tried to pick the lock over 100 times.

Edit: I just quit. I’m not going to sit here and waste two hours of my time on a single lock. According to every forum I’ve seen, it isn’t just me that’s this frustrated. They are even working on a mechanic to make it easier. It’s one thing for a game to be a challenge, but taking hundreds of tries on locks that are (very easy) is insane.

Last edited:
I’ve nearly rage quit multiple times. Honestly considering skipping this quest. I can’t for the life of me get the ring from the executioner. I saved just before it and have probably tried to pick the lock over 100 times.

Edit: I just quit. I’m not going to sit here and waste two hours of my time on a single lock. According to every forum I’ve seen, it isn’t just me that’s this frustrated. They are even working on a mechanic to make it easier. It’s one thing for a game to be a challenge, but taking hundreds of tries on locks that are (very easy) is insane.

Just pay the executioner a few and be done with it haha

It's pretty awesome how just about "anything goes" when it comes to solving quests and getting gear. I've seen some pretty funny stuff on youtube.

One guy got full plate armor at the beginning of the game by choking out a wayfarer knight after declining to duel him straight up. Dirty deeds and they're done dirt cheap. LOL

on lockpicking - I play PC so it probably isn't as much of a headache as you console guys. Still sucks early on.

Have you found the miller's lockpick chest? You can spam your lockpick level with that just by closing the box and picking it over and over.... might make things a little easier for you if you max it out early.

on lockpicking - I play PC so it probably isn't as much of a headache as you console guys. Still sucks early on.

Have you found the miller's lockpick chest? You can spam your lockpick level with that just by closing the box and picking it over and over.... might make things a little easier for you if you max it out early.

To your first post, yeah I love how you can freely choose basically anything you want. I can’t make myself do it, though. Lol. I don’t like villagers being mad at me.

To your second, yes I found the chest he tutorials you on, but maybe mine is bugged? It just tells me I don’t have any lock picks when I try to use it. It lets me one time when he was “teaching” me. Since then I can’t touch it.

I just loaded an old save and went through again. So after the tutorial he says something like “this one is for practice, but watch out for the real ones cause they’ll cost you picks”. Except if I fail on the practice one it costs me a pick. Lol

Last edited:
Got past all that. I love this game. Lock picking is hard, and there are bugs... I still thoroughly enjoy it. Characters and story are intriguing. Haven’t enjoyed anything this much since Witcher 3.

Reactions: 1 person
A heads up for anyone looking to get this on PC - you really need 16 Gigs of Ram and an SSD for a smooth experience until they patch and optimize KCD more.

I have a Geforce 1060 (6gb GPU) and I beefed up my CPU from an AMD 4 core to 8 core but the game still intermittently froze on me; no matter the graphics settings.

It was only when I went from 8 to 16 gigs and added an SSD did the game play without a stutter consistently.

A heads up for anyone looking to get this on PC - you really need 16 Gigs of Ram and an SSD for a smooth experience until they patch and optimize KCD more.

I have a Geforce 1060 (6gb GPU) and I beefed up my CPU from an AMD 4 core to 8 core but the game still intermittently froze on me; no matter the graphics settings.

It was only when I went from 8 to 16 gigs and added an SSD did the game play without a stutter consistently.

I would say the SSD helped out the most. Jumping from 8 to 16 GB of RAM would have minimal affect from what I have seen for games.

I would say the SSD helped out the most. Jumping from 8 to 16 GB of RAM would have minimal affect from what I have seen for games.

I'd have to agree. If you can only afford one of the two, go SSD.

This game is very taxing on standard HD's - my hybrid HDD was maxed at 100% most of the time when playing.

Loving this game. I have to force myself to put it down every time.

Same here. I'm getting to the dreaded point of fights becoming too easy though. Thinking about adding a difficulty mod.

I have KCD on my mechanical and have no issues but I also have 16gb DDR4, an i5 8600k oc'ed to 5ghz,and a gtx 1070....

This game is so easy to lose yourself in.

Last edited:
thats been the only real positive I have heard. besides some of the possible realism.

It's literally one of the best games I've played in years. For their meager budget and 1st outing to have created something so engaging, I can get passed the annoying bugs I've ran into. Skyrim has just as many with 10x the budget and team size.

It's literally one of the best games I've played in years. For their meager budget and 1st outing to have created something so engaging, I can get passed the annoying bugs I've ran into. Skyrim has just as many with 10x the budget and team size.

I personally never had any problems with Skyrim until the last DLC. at least nothing game breaking, and nothing like the videos I have seen of Deliverance of whole tons bugging out. may have been lucky on the console.

their budget wasn't peanuts, it was 36 million to skyrims 85. no where close to 10x the budget you mentioned, studio might have that difference though. still did a pretty dang good job on breadth from what I have heard, but it clearly lacked in the quality assurance you used to get with big names.

haven't played it, really hope its good because I plan on getting it at some point. but pretty much everything I have read and watched, and not just from haters, has brought up the bugs as pretty substantial.

The Game of Thrones mod for this is going to be dope when it eventually releases.

Just finished it. The story was very engaging and kept me coming back. The characters were probably my favorite part. I’m not sure I’ve ever played a game where that many characters were involved and I remembered every single one of them and what part they played.

As for the gameplay itself.. it wasn’t bad, but it definitely wasn’t super fun. I’m glad it’s over at this point. Ready to move on to another different game. Probably will change genres for a bit because I wore that out and am frankly tired of it for now lol.

Edit: biggest complaint about this game is definitely the load times. Some of them are insane. 90% of the time I’ll hear myself being attacked in the background and can’t do anything about it because the screen is still black.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back