Kingdom Come: Deliverance

So I tried alchemy for the first time last night without any prior training or knowledge and literally LOL'd at how complex the alchemy station is. It's the medieval equivalent of trying to fly an airplane. There are no less than 10 different things you have to manipulate; assumingly based on the recipe of the potion you are trying to make.

Amd FX4350 quad-core overclocked to 4.5ghz
8 gigs of ram
Nvidia GeForce gtx 1060 w/ 6 gigs of ram

I can't run every setting on high but have not tried ultra (I doubt my 1060 will handle it well)

It runs smooth for the most part but I do get periodically freezing.

Gotcha. Yeah my rig should be fine, then. I'm looking forward to picking this game up.

One big critic for me is the saving mechanics. I understand the idea and it definitely makes the game that much more challenging but c'mon Savior Schnapps? Hopefully they add Save on quit like they've talked about in the next patch

Like everyone else my biggest complaint is the saving. This game has me hooked, too. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but something about it is great. It’s not as refined as Witcher 3, it does have its quirks and act odd at times. Load times between dialogue is an adjustment coming from how quick Witcher was. But despite all of this there is something about it. The characters and environments feel very lived in and real.

Reactions: 1 person
One big critic for me is the saving mechanics. I understand the idea and it definitely makes the game that much more challenging but c'mon Savior Schnapps? Hopefully they add Save on quit like they've talked about in the next patch

If you are playing on PC there is a MOD that has been made that allows you to save without having to use the schnapps.

Reactions: 1 person
Gotcha. Yeah my rig should be fine, then. I'm looking forward to picking this game up.

Correction - I CAN run every setting on HIGH. The freezing issue is starting to piss me off though. It happens roughly every 10 mins; my CPU spikes to 100% and everything freezes for about 30 seconds. I've read that it's a CPU issue due to poor optimization.

Got an AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz on the way - that should fix things :)

Correction - I CAN run every setting on HIGH. The freezing issue is starting to piss me off though. It happens roughly every 10 mins; my CPU spikes to 100% and everything freezes for about 30 seconds. I've read that it's a CPU issue due to poor optimization.

Got an AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz on the way - that should fix things :)

Niiiiiice. I'm waiting to get me a new i7 processor. I will have to upgrade my MB and RAM, too, but it will be worth it.

As for the crashing I'm glad I am waiting for a little bit for them to get things more right in that area. And to see if it goes on sale 😁.

So I found this out in the middle of a field away from everything. When I approached it, it said "Accident". Pretty weird lol

Attachments

• IMG_20180218_120117843_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180218_120117843_HDR.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 6
I can't put this game down. Work and marriage just got a whole lot tougher! Lol. Skyrim was the last time I was hooked this hard on a game.

Even with all the bugs, which would be inexcusable in any average new game release, this game is a masterpiece. You can tell Warhorse put their hearts and souls into making this; the attention paid to details is unlike anything I've ever seen in a game

Hard to say yet if it will raise the bar for the RPG genre; bugs and learning curve are going to turn away casuals.

Sales will tell us soon enough...

Love that a company decided to make something different and stuck by it. Having tons of fun learning to sword fight

So I found this out in the middle of a field away from everything. When I approached it, it said "Accident". Pretty weird lol

LOL - nice easter egg! I bet there's more than a few to be found.

You can buy a sword called "Needle" at the swordsmith in Rattay.

Reactions: 3 people
heard the game described as GWOP: Medieval Times, Everything stuck in doorways edition. doesn't sound too promising.

VN Store

Back