Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

I hate to bust y’all’s bubble, but ain’t no way in Hell DW is fired if he flubs on a WBB coaching hire. He’s one of the best AD’s in the nation and until he screws up football, he ain’t going nowhere.

If the coach hired isn’t exactly Pat Summit resurrected or Dawn Staley, just know that whoever was hired must’ve made a HUGE impression and crushed the interview and in-depth analysis.
Nor should he be fired. I don’t think some of the keyboard warriors in here realize how difficult it is to hire a coach.

I don’t have to prove myself or my sources. I’m just dropping information as I get it. I told yall Kara was never an option even when the dude on twitter with “clout” said she was. Then it comes out she was never interviewed just as I said.

I’m not saying that the Marshall Coach is a done deal, but I am saying that’s the loud buzz amongst coaches and former players.

I’m just relaying information as I get it via text.

I will eat a cat turd out of my litter box live on facebook for you all to watch if TN hires Marshall's coach. Danny White does not fire a former Lady Vol who went to two sweet 16's to hire a coach who's been in D1 for one year. NOT. HAPPENING. It's counter intuitive to everything we know to be true in how he sees the program.

If he hires Kim we at least have to see what she can do with the roster and see how she does for a season before we lynch DW. He has done this before and they won big.
If she’s the coach we will most likely miss the tournament next season, everyone will finally see that the players we have are not good enough. The portal will be dried up and she doesn’t have any elite players to bring.

I really believe there's a few in this thread that believe they are on the same level

The Lady Vols basketball program, while they don't bring in the money that football does, they are one of the few athletic programs other than football that can be self-supporting and not depend upon football money. This is not the coach of the golf or tennis teams - this is the coach of a program that put women's basketball on the map when most of the teams now playing in the NCAA finals were nothing.

It is a very important hire and will determine if the program goes up from here or sinks even further down the path of being irrelevant.

VN Store

Back