Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

I will eat a cat turd out of my litter box live on facebook for you all to watch if TN hires Marshall's coach. Danny White does not fire a former Lady Vol who went to two sweet 16's to hire a coach who's been in D1 for one year. NOT. HAPPENING. It's counter intuitive to everything we know to be true in how he sees the program.
I said I’d eat a bug, but you’ve definitely put-promised me! 😂

If she’s the coach we will most likely miss the tournament next season, everyone will finally see that the players we have are not good enough. The portal will be dried up and she doesn’t have any elite players to bring.
True she doesn't have but one player that could play here. She was a senior this year should have a covid year. We don't know she is getting hired someone might be playing with the Tennessee fan base. In the even she is hired I'm not going to act crazy like some will I will give her the benefit of the doubt.

I've seen Kim Caldwell press conferences she has a lot of basketball knowledge. Recruiting would be whether she would win here.
Recruiting is what it’s about, u can talk at press conferences all u want but if u don’t get the players u won’t win Championships, I’ll take the great players and make an average coach look great.

Keep in mind Danny loves up and comers. I.e. Huepel. He’s typically has a good eye.

But yet again, I’m NOT SAYING it’s the Marshall coach. I’m saying that is the buzz.

well yesterday Kara Lawson was the buzz. Proving once again, "Buzz" doesn't mean anything when it's coming from anyone other than the AD.

I’ve tried to keep up with all 97 pages of this thread (to the detriment of my productivity), and maybe I’ve missed it, but I’m surprised to not have seen Mark Campbell mentioned. I know he’s just had one season at TCU, but Oregon has dropped off a cliff since he left as an assistant to Graves, he had success quickly turning things around at Sacramento State, and had things looking pretty good at TCU this year integrating a bunch of transfers before injuries to their 3 best players.
Injuries impacting team performance. Interesting concept.

Recruiting is what it’s about, u can talk at press conferences all u want but if u don’t get the players u won’t win Championships, I’ll take the great players and make an average coach look great.
So if DW hires her we no longer trusting him?

As others have said, DW has a good track record. If it’s not a big name splash hire, so what? It just needs to be the right hire. Our former coach wasn’t and never was gonna cut it to our standards here. Love everything she has given to the university over the years but the reality is the reality.

I disagree. Given the roster and lack of recruiting by Kellie, it has to be a splash hire. You have to win the headline when you're trying to reinvigorate a program and restore a legacy. Danny White understands this better than 90% of posters here. He's predictable and strategic. Unless he had some personal beef with Kellie and just wanted to axe her, he was always going to hire a well known coach.

True she doesn't have but one player that could play here. She was a senior this year should have a covid year. We don't know she is getting hired someone might be playing with the Tennessee fan base. In the even she is hired I'm not going to act crazy like some will I will give her the benefit of the doubt.
I won’t act crazy either, I’ll just know we won’t be winning. But I’ll watch every game like always and hope for the best. But depending on how long she lasts, I know we won’t have a chance until the next coach after she’s fired.

I will eat a cat turd out of my litter box live on facebook for you all to watch if TN hires Marshall's coach. Danny White does not fire a former Lady Vol who went to two sweet 16's to hire a coach who's been in D1 for one year. NOT. HAPPENING. It's counter intuitive to everything we know to be true in how he sees the program.
I don't Facebook, so could you just post a clip on VN? I mean, I hope this doesn't happen, that is the hire, but this is just too good of a promise not to document and hold you to.

VN Store

Back