Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

She was at Marshall lol. Marshall, all time, has a 618-637 record. She went 26-8 in her first season there. They’ve been to the NCAA tournament twice in their history, and one was her appearance. Judging her by that one game is a HUUGGGEE mistake.
Exactly she only had one game you don’t go from Coaching at Marshall to the University of TN hell no!!!! Maybe a Missouri team but not the LADY VOLS

Exactly she only had one game you don’t go from Coaching at Marshall to the University of TN hell no!!!! Maybe a Missouri team but not the LADY VOLS
You know where the coach she took over went he went to university of central Arkansas. This would be too big of a job for her right now. We need to see more work from her.

What about Walz and he keeps Coach Sam? She was his recruiter before leaving. The current players would still have someone and the incoming recruits still have the same person who recruited them. It wasn’t Sam’s fault about recruiting. She got us in many players Top 5’s or Top 10’s. The problem is Kelly could never close the deals.
Being reported Walz not contacted.

Took a horrible Marshall program and flipped them around year one. What like 26-28 wins? She won national championships in D-2. My feeling on it is that she’s a winner, and I want a winner. Her career record is like 217-34. She could be EXACTLY what we need.
😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

And lost to Kitley-less VT by 50

She had many P5 transfers including the 2 Hayes sisters from MSST

Reactions: TrippieRedd
You know where the coach she took over went he went to university of central Arkansas. This would be too big of a job for her right now. We need to see more work from her.
They don’t understand there’s levels to this… they see a pretty face and good body and simp

I’m all for Kim Stephens. She’s a winner everywhere she’s been.

And where has she been? Seven years at something called Glenville State--a school I've never heard of--and one year at Marshall?

She had a very good first year at Marshall, I'll say that.

If White hires Stephens, he should resign after making the announcement.

Betting odds to be next Lady Vols coach
CoachCurrent TeamOdds
Kara LawsonDuke+300
Lindsay GottliebUSC+600
Wes MooreNC State+800
Teri MorenIndiana+900
Carla BerubePrinceton+1250
FieldN/a+1400
Scott RuekOregon State+1500
Lisa FortierGonzaga+1500
JR PayneColorado+1900
Lindy La RocqueUNLV+2000
Jeff WalzLouisville+2900

As of 4/3/2024 on BetTennessee.com
I think it’s Wes Moore as soon as their seasons over, which I’d be very happy with. My first choice would be Gottlieb.

I don’t really care about the politics of any UT coaches. I want someone who wins. I have seen many here say Kara badmouthed the university. I have never once seen a verified statement of what she actually said.

Former Lady Vol Kara Lawson calls out lack of diversity at highest levels of Tennessee Athletics​

Updated: 2:51 PM EDT June 26, 2020

"When I look at my alma mater, Knoxville, there is not a single African-American coach at that institution. That is not the same for the majority of the SEC."

Kara Lawson calls out lack of diversity at highest levels of Tennessee Athletics

The WNBA All-Star addressed her fellow Board of Trustee members in a virtual meeting on Friday, bringing specific attention to the fact that there are currently no Black head coaches at UT.

"It’s not just striking. There isn’t any. When I look at my alma mater, Knoxville, there is not a single African-American coach at that institution. That is not the same for the majority of the SEC," Lawson said.

"I mean to go through the staffs, and the senior staff, and those people that are making decisions over a body of student-athletes that - as I said - is arguably our most diverse department on campus...I think that's something that needs to be looked at," she said.

As officials at UT say they are working to dismantle systemic racism within their institutions, Lawson told the board it is imperative that they identify how they themselves can lead that charge.

VN Store

Back