Kiffin just pissed off all of Alabama

Dabo is a good coach and a good recruiter. He's building another Alabama at Clemson. We could easily see this matchup again over the next 3-4 years. would be shocked if Alabama didn't offer Dabo a Berzillion$ to come to Bama if Saban leaves considering he's a homer.

No, hiring Dooley cost UT seven years.

We hired Dooley because Mike Hamilon didn't do his homework on Kiffin before firing Fulmer. Kiffin left the night before the EE's were to be in class leaving Tn very little time to have a coach in place to salvage recruiting.

Reactions: 1 person
Clem had over 500 yards on Nicky's all world D. That was the bigger issue. I'll say it again, put Dobbs on Bama he probably wins the Heisman. Put Hurts on Vandy's roster and he may not start.

You are 100% correct, but it is like there is a media blackout on criticism of his defense in these losses.

Yes, he is probably the greatest coach of all time. Yes, he is a great defensive coach. Yes, you have to really nit pick for criticism.

However, when Bama loses games, they almost always give up a ton of points. You have to go back to the 2014 Ole Miss loss to find a loss where their defense didn't get roasted, and then you have to go back to the 2011 LSU game to find a loss before that where they didn't give up a lot of points.

Saban doesn't always lose to mobile QBs, but when he does lose it is almost always to a mobile QB.

The alaBummer QB is a true freshman, he's great but the true freshman in him came out tonight.

He'll leave early for the NFL with his talent but we still have to face him for 2 more years.

Our D will really have to get after him and rattle his cage a lot to Win against them.

Great game !

VFL...GBO!!!

Wtf? Hurts is a terrible passer.

Bama has covered it up with great D, a running game, and 5 yard screen passes all year.

Had Bo Scarbrough not gone down, it would not have been a contest. But he did. And Bama wasn't the same without him. I just hope nobody in the NFC North drafts Watson.

I think Clemson still wins even if Scarbrough was playing in the 2nd half. Clemson accomplished what they said they wanted to do which was make Hurts a passer and gas Bammers defense by using tempo. It worked. Clemson sold out to stop the run and short passing game in the 2nd half. Hurts wasn't a good enough passer to make Clemson pay for it.

I think Clemson still wins even if Scarbrough was playing in the 2nd half. Clemson accomplished what they said they wanted to do which was make Hurts a passer and gas Bammers defense by using tempo. It worked. Clemson sold out to stop the run and short passing game in the 2nd half. Hurts wasn't a good enough passer to make Clemson pay for it.

Hurts wasn't great. But each of his top three WRs dropped passes that would have been first downs. And OJ Howard intercepted a pass intended for Harris that likely would have been a first.

There were total brainfarts in all three phases, and the better team won the game. But Bama's offense was better last nite than they were last week, so the Kiffin issue seems overblown to me.

Alabama did just fine without overrated Kiffin. It's more about Alabama's talent than play calling in my opinion.

If you're Bama or ANY SEC team for that matter, if you score 31 points you expect to win. Allowing an ACC team to drive the length of the field in the final two minutes of the game, a defensive issue is what beat Bama.

If you're Bama or ANY SEC team for that matter, if you score 31 points you expect to win. Allowing an ACC team to drive the length of the field in the final two minutes of the game, a defensive issue is what beat Bama.

There are three phases to the game. The defense absolutely could and should have played better. But they never got a break. Even though they started out strong, they kept having to go back on the field because the offense couldn't sustain a drive. Bama's longest possession was their third of the game, and it took 3:56 off the clock. Bama's next longest possession was their last and took up 2:31. No other offensive possession reached the 2 minute mark.

Last edited:
Chris Fowler could barely contain his happiness at the end of the game. But he and Herbie called a solid game.

They were ok IMO. Fowler once referred to Clemson's "orange and blue" and Herby sounded like a Bammer homer when they were up 10 and on Bama's last TD. You'd think he should have learned his leeson writing off USC against the Nittany Lions in the 3rd quarter last week.

There are three phases to the game. The defense absolutely could and should have played better. But they never got a break. Even though they started out strong, they kept having to go back on the field because the offense couldn't sustain a drive. Bama's longest possession was their third of the game, and it took 3:56 off the clock. Bama's next longest possession was their last and took up 2:31. No other offensive possession reached the 2 minute mark.

I'm in decent company with my 31 points remark as Coach Saban effectively said the same thing at his after game presser.

I'm in decent company with my 31 points remark as Coach Saban effectively said the same thing at his after game presser.

I don't disagree with the notion that 31 points "should" win a game. But we can play the "should" game for the next year. The offense "should" be able to mount more than two possessions of over 2 minutes. The offense "should" be able to convert more than 2 of 15 on 3rd down. When the defense gift wraps 2 possessions inside the opposing 35 yard line, the offense "should" score more than 3 points.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with the notion that 31 points "should" win a game. But we can play the "should" game for the next year. The offense "should" be able to mount more than two possessions of over 2 minutes. The offense "should" be able to convert more than 2 of 15 on 3rd down. When the defense gift wraps 2 possessions inside the opposing 35 yard line, the offense "should" score more than 3 points.

I am in total agreement it was a team loss for Bama, it cannot be laid on just one side of the ball. But I also agree with Coach Saban and probably any other SEC coach, if you score 31 you ought to come out of the game with a W.

Kiffin showed his colors with his taking DJ, and his choice for OC. Head coach material? Be glad you got the job you did Lane!

As an after thought, How is layla enjoying her alimony check?:dance2:

For the first time all season Bama had the pressure on them at the end of the game and they didn't seem to like the pressure.

bama drove the field to score the go-ahead TD with 2:06 left, for one thing, and then Clemson receivers made two tough, big-time catches on their game-winning drive that were really the difference in the game, plus the unsportsmanlike penalty. The pressure may have got to Hurts throughout the game, true, which is to be expected of a freshman. He will be a good player.

I don't think Layla is from the South, and I suspect that several years of living in the deep south amid rednecks and college-football crazies wasn't her cup of tea.

VN Store

Back