Kiffin crossed the line on this one

Are you stupid? He did apologize!

I question your intelligence for even having to ask this goob if he was stupid or not. Have you read any of his posts? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

Last edited:
That's an ugly thing for us. My guess is they will talk about it asome point for the good of the university.

Wonder if Kiffin will invite some poor folks from Pahokee over for a swim to make up?

How about he invites a few more to play for the Vols and makes wealthy NFL players out of them? I like that option better as a way to make up.

Surely you are not dumb enough to think he was making fun of anyone. He was setting the scene/environement he was recruiting and explaining tot he crowd how tough it is to recruit there. And this guy was the principle not the coach.

He was doing it to be dismissive of the area where his mouth got him into trouble the first time. It was like a 9 year old saying everyone else sucks because he couldn't be the pitcher.

I know I have no credibiltiy saying this, but if I were a UT fan I would be very concerned right now with whether this guy can handle the job. You may not think he is an ambassador for the entire state of Tennessee, but he sure is one for the university and right now ... well, let's just leave it at that.

Did I miss something?

Yep. Apparently Kiffin isnt giving Griff enough access to make him happy so he is making a mountain out of a mole hill, other than that you haven’t missed much. The usual trolls and anti Kiffinites running their skin flutes and sounding stupid. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

He was doing it to be dismissive of the area where his mouth got him into trouble the first time. It was like a 9 year old saying everyone else sucks because he couldn't be the pitcher.

I know I have no credibiltiy saying this, but if I were a UT fan I would be very concerned right now with whether this guy can handle the job. You may not think he is an ambassador for the entire state of Tennessee, but he sure is one for the university and right now ... well, let's just leave it at that.
let's just keep that overblown drivel going and say that, rather than the football coach at UT, he is an amabassador of the US to the rest of the world.

Right, handle the job equals winning or losing.

History proves that a group of people will tolerate any thing as long as they are winning.

I question your intelligence for even having to ask this good if he was stupid or not. Have you read any of his posts? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Good point... a moment of weakness on may part. :good!:

I've been through that area and his description was spot on and if you have ever been there then you know it is true. Describing something and making fun of it is totally different.

let's just keep that overblown drivel going and say that, rather than the football coach at UT, he is an amabassador of the US to the rest of the world.

Or better yet, we could take a perfeclty valid observation, rephrase it as something completely different, and then poke at the new version as though it were the origial point.

I've been through that area and his description was spot on and if you have ever been there then you know it is true. Describing something and making fun of it is totally different.

Yeah, he was just doing a travel review for Expedia.

he did apologize bottom-feeder.
oh really? he said he was sorry specifically to pahokee and the community? which brings me to another point- he apologizes like an little biatch too. "i apologize if my statements offended anyone"? I would smack my kid if he ever uttered that clown apology.
bottom feeder? two nc's in 3 years. I know, nothing like going 5-7.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

meyer and the people of florida are sure acting like kiffen scares the crap out of them.

if he's realy an idiot and is going to run tenn into the ground why not let him hang with his own rope?

That is precisely the story here and I'm loving it!

A defending national champion worried as heck about their 5-7 rivals.

Awesome work, Kiff & Co.! These guys had all but written us off for dead.

oh really? he said he was sorry specifically to pahokee and the community? which brings me to another point- he apologizes like an little biatch too. "i apologize if my statements offended anyone"? I would smack my kid if he ever uttered that clown apology.

InternetToughGuy.jpg

First by Kiffin raiding awayTeague and Richardson in 09 class, and now opening fire for the '10 class with the Jose Jose committment out of FL, you could see why the Floridians are beginning to brown their tebow panties. Kiffin apologized long ago for the pahokee comments. At this time, he should just point at them, shake his head and laugh.

Or better yet, we could take a perfeclty valid observation, rephrase it as something completely different, and then poke at the new version as though it were the origial point.
perfectly valid observation is probably right, the inferences from said observation are simply amusing.

now, exactly what did I rephrase? You took the route of calling the man the ambassador of Tennessee. I just carried it a no more absurd, yet completely logical overreaching conclusion.

Yeah, he was just doing a travel review for Expedia.

No smart ass. He was describing the environment that he was having to recruit in and showing how tough it was. Not only does the principle try to keep kids from going to any other school, not only is the school a strong hold for your Gators but it is a very poor area.
Now I have learned that Gators and Gator fans are cry babies but you are going over baord on this one. I'm surprised that Foley or Urban havnt demanded an apology yet. And speaking of that where is the oplogy from Urban to AUB?

first, you didn't know he apologized, then when somebody told you he did you replied with "he apologized like a little biatch..".

fact of the matter is, he did apologize. this is a non story.

maybe I'm crazy, but I'm thinking much of PJs post went smoking right over your bottom feeding head.

Three points here:
Number One: It's not about Lane Kiffin, it's about the person in the position of Tennessee head football coach

Number Two: The comment was made in a public forum, so for the apology to carry any weight, it needs to be made in a public forum as well

Number Three: Poverty is nothing to thumb your nose at. What we have, as individuals, and as a society, should not be taken for granted.

I realize not everyone is sensitive to other people, and I know that winning football games is a top priority for many people.

But this is Tennessee football, and this is a place where it is a part of our society. Whoever holds the position of head football coach at Tennessee should realize that, and not just pay lip service to it.

That's my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own.

BTW, I am on twitter now, for those on it who are interested: @mgrif32

So anybody who criticizes your column is insensitive to other people and cares more about winning football games than poverty, huh? Awesome.

I expect my elected officials to fix poverty; I expect my football coach to win football games. I don't confuse the functions of the two, and while I think it's generally a good thing to have a decent concern for other people's feelings, I don't inflate "sensitivity" up the point where I confuse it for being anything tangible or important. Kiffin needed to apologize for his comments, and he did. The citizens and football players of Pahokee can choose to hold a grudge or not. I see no point in burning the jet fuel to fly UT's plane down there because his apology will somehow mean more if he reiterates it in person, just like I see no point in writing a pious column about how awful Kiffin's comments were two months after he already apologized for them.

So anybody who criticizes your column is insensitive to other people and cares more about winning football games than poverty, huh? Awesome.

I expect my elected officials to fix poverty; I expect my football coach to win football games. I don't confuse the functions of the two, and while I think it's generally a good thing to have a decent concern for other people's feelings, I don't inflate "sensitivity" up the point where I confuse it for being anything tangible or important. Kiffin needed to apologize for his comments, and he did. The citizens and football players of Pahokee can choose to hold a grudge or not. I see no point in burning the jet fuel to fly UT's plane down there because his apology will somehow mean more if he reiterates it in person, just like I see no point in writing a pious column about how awful Kiffin's comments were two months after he already apologized for them.

agreed.

Comment was made; apology issued. I don't think anything else is necessary from the Coach but perhaps an apology from the principal for blocking a potential scholarship from his school.

VN Store

Back