Kevin Ware to stick with Vols

Oh I agree with all those points. If we are capable of making a quality hire this quickly I'm all for it. We need it badly
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Any reason you say Monday?

Because Monday is not....

Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Gettin’ down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend

Partyin’, partyin’ (Yeah)
Fun, fun, fun, fun
Lookin’ forward to the weekend

....so yeah we have to wait until after the weekend

I was worried about McRae bouncing......but sounds like he is a true VFL....makes me proud to read that.

Don't put too much stock into people that can't spell definitely. That's my rule and it's never steered me wrong.

As terrible as that song is every time I think of Friday I mock that song. It is sadly catchy

This is VERY good news. I hope to hear good news from Jones soon. The Commercial Appeal wrote a story about the situation yesterday. It was nothing new, but he was quoted saying that he will give the new HC a fair chance. As of right now, however, he is leaning towards opening his recruitment back up. Hamilton would most likely release him if he doesn't mesh with the new HC.

glad to see Ware is gonna stick it out with the Vols! I can imagine it is tough wanting to play for a coach like pearl and that option is no longer there. Go Vols!!!

Because Monday is not....

Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Gettin’ down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend

Fun, fun, fun, fun
Lookin’ forward to the weekend

....so yeah we have to wait until after the weekend

Mike Reno said everybody's workin' for the weekend.

looks like the cat is coming out of the bag: in a total surprise to all, Bruce will be re-hired.

someone please tell me bout frank, i know nothing about him... everyone on here wants this guy... where has he coached and what has he done?

someone please tell me bout frank, i know nothing about him... everyone on here wants this guy... where has he coached and what has he done?

Current Boston Celtics Assistant. He's a big name. He was a UT assistant under O'Neill long ago. He was the HC of the Nets before moving to the Celtics. He took over the Nets after Byron Scott tanked. He started off really well, in fact. He coached the Nets for like six years.

Current Boston Celtics Assistant. He's a big name. He was a UT assistant under O'Neill long ago. He was the HC of the Nets before moving to the Celtics. He took over the Nets after Byron Scott tanked. He started off really well, in fact. He coached the Nets for like six years.

thanks lynx, i found his thread. i appreciate the help.:hi:

Not source wise. But a few reasons.

1) Hamilton/Cheek want to rally the fanbase. If they think they have their coach, they will do whatever they can to get it done fast. With a big name like Lawrence Frank, this will help stabilize the fanbase.

2) Recruiting. We got Ware on board already. It seems something is going on, and McRae is confident we are going to get a good coach. The quicker you hire a coach, the quicker you can recruit. We still are in on some talented prospects.

3) Going into Final Four, you can be the talk of the media. Everybody saying what a proven commodity you have, people talking about Frank as an X's and O's genius, and how his NBA connections will help recruit. We can cast Tennessee in a positive light.

4) It helps move the program past Bruce Pearl. We can now focus on the future, and move on from the past. If it takes, let's say, a month, then that's more time people focus and worry about how we should have kept Pearl. We can now get ready for the new chapter in UT basketball.

Really well thought out post - thanks. I agree.

VN Store

Back