Kevin Ware to stick with Vols

Like what?

36 hours after he faxes that he wants of his LOI he changes his mind? A top 100 recruit no less? And we haven't hired a new coach? And the only person we have talked to about the HC position that we know of is Lawrence Frank? Something is slighly fishy.

Good to hear but I still take it as a wait and see. Regardless, glad he's at least settled down, hopefully Chris Jones is willing to do the same.

Saw on local news here that had an interview with Jones that said he is wanting his release now to open his recruiting back up
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Considering Ware's shooting ability, assuming Jones will not be here, and looking at our likely roster, we could be dead last in the SEC in 3pt %. IMO

Saw on local news here that had an interview with Jones that said he is wanting his release now to open his recruiting back up

Jones also said today that Ware coming here would be a big factor in his decision.

Considering Ware's shooting ability, assuming Jones will not be here, and looking at our likely roster, we could be dead last in the SEC in 3pt %. IMO

We have Skylar mother****in McBee. We are going to shoot 76.3% from three's, because he'll hit 100% of his.

This all just doesnt add up. This whole thing is handled too much like something Hamilton couldnt pull off. Just weird to me. Smart. But weird.

This all just doesnt add up. This whole thing is handled too much like something Hamilton couldnt pull it off. Just weird to me. Smart. But weird.

I still don't think he's coming here. But I won't be utterly shocked if Lawrence Frank is announced as the Vols new coach Monday.

Any reason you say Monday?

Not source wise. But a few reasons.

1) Hamilton/Cheek want to rally the fanbase. If they think they have their coach, they will do whatever they can to get it done fast. With a big name like Lawrence Frank, this will help stabilize the fanbase.

2) Recruiting. We got Ware on board already. It seems something is going on, and McRae is confident we are going to get a good coach. The quicker you hire a coach, the quicker you can recruit. We still are in on some talented prospects.

3) Going into Final Four, you can be the talk of the media. Everybody saying what a proven commodity you have, people talking about Frank as an X's and O's genius, and how his NBA connections will help recruit. We can cast Tennessee in a positive light.

4) It helps move the program past Bruce Pearl. We can now focus on the future, and move on from the past. If it takes, let's say, a month, then that's more time people focus and worry about how we should have kept Pearl. We can now get ready for the new chapter in UT basketball.

VN Store

Back