Kevin Stallings To Pitt

I was sorta thinking Pitt might try to pry Steve Forbes away from ETSU.
He's a relatively young coach with what appears to be tremendous upside.
Nearly won the Southern Conference title in his first year.
Better candidate than Baldy anyway.

Now that I think about it, Vandy may go after Forbes.

Last edited:
It looks like they tried to get Ben Howland back and were caught by surprise that he chose to stay at Miss St. Stallings was a fallback option who was lobbying hard for the job - so he got it. Atrocious hire for Pittsburgh.

vandy's AD has an agenda, and that's all Im going to say. He has a very specific criteria that he looks for in coaches. It started with James Franklin and he uses the recruiting side of it to hide his real purpose.

tell that to the golf, tennis, baseball coaches her hired, what is that agenda? same as the ladies track? Just curious why you really are trying to say

It really sucks hard now that it appears Greg Marshall is their guy......HUH....wonder why we could not sign him

It really sucks hard now that it appears Greg Marshall is their guy......HUH....wonder why we could not sign him

I'm confused. At first, it sucked because Will Wade was their target. Now, it sucks because they're after Gregg Marshall. Which one is it?

vandy's AD has an agenda, and that's all Im going to say. He has a very specific criteria that he looks for in coaches. It started with James Franklin and he uses the recruiting side of it to hide his real purpose.

As the highest paid AD in the entire country I would say his agenda should include hiring a coach that wins enough to help him keep that lofty salary....

Reactions: 1 person
Both would suck for Tennessee and good hires for Vandy

Gregg Marshall has an annual salary of $3.3 million at Wichita State. I will be shocked if Vanderbilt pays that and I think they would have to more than match it to get him to leave.

Pitt has done nothing but go downhill under stallings. I understand theyÂ’re a young team but like last year they seem to get worse throughout the season. Stallings looks terrible there. TheyÂ’re an awful basketball team

Pitt has done nothing but go downhill under stallings. I understand theyÂ’re a young team but like last year they seem to get worse throughout the season. Stallings looks terrible there. TheyÂ’re an awful basketball team

He will fired and then head to the beach

Couldn't happen to bigger douche. Beating Vandy isn't the same without that **** head coaching.

Reactions: 4 people
Couldn't happen to bigger douche. Beating Vandy isn't the same without that **** head coaching.

I always felt he was a good coach as far as knowing the game. He had some good players as well.

However, I think by the end of the year I think the players had a tendency to check out because they had enough of his being a jerk.

If Stallings is fired after this season, who might be a candidate for the Pittsburgh job?

VN Store

Back