Kevin Stallings To Pitt

If they want to keep up with us, they should wait until a Coach K type finally burns out and give him a 5 yr. multi-million dollar contract.

If they hire Will Wade, then he will just try to build their bb into a program similar to their baseball program. We know how bad that has turned out.
I don't see them hiring a HoF coach like us.

Reactions: 2 people
Is Hamilton Pitt's AD? 6 year deal is nuts and seems like a deal he'd do smh.

Seems pretty reasonable. No way anybody is taking a new job without at least a 5-6 year deal. Pretty sure we did that for Barnes.

Stallings is a solid coach, but in the ACC I don't see him elevating Pitt above how they're currently performing

Reactions: 1 person
I don't see them hiring a HoF coach like us.

Yeah, a burned out "Coach K" type, who has won a number of NCAA titles along with numerous automatic bids, would not be as good as a coach with numerous at-large bids from a power 5 conference, that gets those type of bids.......automatically!

Last edited:
I cant stand the guy but he did get an elusive SEC tournament championship to break their streak. Beating that great Kentucky team in finals was a huge deal. I dont think Vandy will do better than Stallings. Similar results imo. Kind of what they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Biggest loser in this whole deal Sheldon Jeter, who transferred a couple years ago from Vandie for the expressed purpose of getting away from Stallings......after trying to block his transfer to Pitt, Jeter was finally able to move back closer to his family in Beaver Falls, PA, and is now on the Panthers roster. So after all that, he gets Stallings again. Poor kid.

Reactions: 3 people
Biggest loser in this whole deal Sheldon Jeter, who transferred a couple years ago from Vandie for the expressed purpose of getting away from Stallings......after trying to block his transfer to Pitt, Jeter was finally able to move back closer to his family in Beaver Falls, PA, and is now on the Panthers roster. So after all that, he gets Stallings again. Poor kid.

Ouch!

I cant stand the guy but he did get an elusive SEC tournament championship to break their streak. Beating that great Kentucky team in finals was a huge deal. I dont think Vandy will do better than Stallings. Similar results imo. Kind of what they are.

Will Wade would be a good get.

Reactions: 3 people
Wait and see they will get a homerun hire and recruiting will blow up

They usually have decent teams, but they'll never be able to recruit elite talent. To be honest, the best players don't wanna go to Vandy where

A) They care about the NBA, not school
B) Vandy's a smart school and not everyone can get in
C) They're overshadowed by UT in pretty much everything

vandy's AD has an agenda, and that's all Im going to say. He has a very specific criteria that he looks for in coaches. It started with James Franklin and he uses the recruiting side of it to hide his real purpose.

They usually have decent teams, but they'll never be able to recruit elite talent. To be honest, the best players don't wanna go to Vandy where

A) They care about the NBA, not school
B) Vandy's a smart school and not everyone can get in
C) They're overshadowed by UT in pretty much everything

A & B. If Duke can do it, Vandy could

Well at least KS won't have to travel so far for those weekly lunch/dinner dates with Douchebag Franklin.....

vandy's AD has an agenda, and that's all Im going to say. He has a very specific criteria that he looks for in coaches. It started with James Franklin and he uses the recruiting side of it to hide his real purpose.

He likes to hire coaches with phallic-shaped heads?

VN Store

Back