Kentucky week

Yeah so LSU lost to FSU first game of the season. And they just now beat the 7th ranked undefeated team in America by over 20 points.

THINGS CHANGE.
(read that again)
THINGS CHANGE.
WE'RE NOT THE SAME TEAM THAT BARELY BEAT PITTSBURGH.
And pitt is not the same team that lost to us. I think we took thier will to live.

Observation: I noticed at the game CJH did not run thru the T or with the team the 2nd half. Any ideas why?

IMO, Kenlucky was better last year and we outplayed them then. Our DL/run defense/pass rush is much better this year and I think we’re even more proficient on offense with a much improved OL. SCar beat them for crying out loud. AT KENTUCKY. Only thing that concerns me is figuring out what my choice of bourbon will be after we whoop em.

The only possible loss on the schedule is Georgia. This team doesn't have let down in them.
And of course, neither do we. I would imagine they are taking us seriously these days. I'm down here in Jawja and would relish a victory of some sort...bragging rights and all come into play.

IMO, Kenlucky was better last year and we outplayed them then. Our DL/run defense/pass rush is much better this year and I think we’re even more proficient on offense with a much improved OL. SCar beat them for crying out loud. AT KENTUCKY. Only thing that concerns me is figuring out what my choice of bourbon will be after we whoop em.
It does seem that KY was much better (and feared more) last year.

My question this week?
Do I call our opponent the Kensucky Mildcats or the Kaintucky Wildkittens?

My brother from another mother calls them Kaintucky (short for Kentucky ain’t beating Tennessee) and yes, I stole it!

Technically, we still control our destiny regardless of the outcome this weekend.

Win out and we'd still have a better conference record than KY, and the H-H tie breaker over GA. 12-1 SEC Champs, we're still a lock for the playoffs.

I get your sentiment though. I'm nowhere near as apprehensive as you are because I think our players are acutely aware that -"We are not invincible". We've had graduation, transfer, and NFL attrition, but this team is still heavily comprised of players that were key contributors in 2020. They know they can be beat. They've had to learn how to win. Between the 2021 Ole Miss/Purdue debacles and this year's FL near miss, I can't see them coming out flat. They're coming out to put teams away.

This is great. As a fan, I guess I want to be proven wrong, because it's less of a let down. As a fan, I also hope our boys think the way you have outlined. Call it hopes up too many times syndrome.

I understand, but it almost entirely falls upon the coaches and players to be the ones taking Kentucky seriously. As fans we can speculate and treat them lightly with very little effect on the outcome.

I say very little, because I guess it’s theoretically possible for players to read what we put out and then assume Kentucky is a win and not prepare correctly, but do you really believe that this staff and the leaders in the playing corp are going to let that happen?

The only real way we can have an effect on the outcome is by showing up in force when the game is played and making as much noise as possible at true appropriate time.
I guess I just am hopeful we are nuts this Saturday. I have seen players actually speak to the fact that from a recruit all the way through playing they notice what the fans say. But to your point, no champs ever took their own work lightly because a fan did.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
The only team left on the schedule that can hang with Tennessee is Georgia and i think the Mildcats will be going down by 4 touchdowns. There is no reason to be nervous about Kentucky whatsoever they have a poor offensive line and a slow defense.
I hope you are right!

Reactions: Jeff Clark
And pitt is not the same team that lost to us. I think we took thier will to live.

Tennessee ripped out Pitt's heart and they never recovered

Underrated point imho. Some teams bounce back after a loss but others have a hard time putting a loss behind them. They beat us last year and weren’t playing to lose to us this year. Add in some more bad results and a team can often stop believing and giving the effort that is needed to win and improve.

One of the things I was most impressed with last season was how we came to compete each game, even when we had lost the week before. I mean you would think this would be a basic thing that everyone does, but how many teams did we watch under Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt pretty much give up in games?

I don’t know how he kept them focused and believing each week, but Heupel did, and last season’s results and efforts definitely fed into what we are seeing now.

Anyone else worried about Kentucky? Talk me off the ledge, please. This week could easily derail our season. ( disclaimer. I suffer from severe BVS)

We beat LSU and Alabama. Our offense is #1 in the nation. Bamas defense is much better than UKs. The game is in Neyland. We have a Heisman front runner and the best WR unit in all of college football. Oh and we will be getting back the majority of our guys who have been injured including Tillman.

Please explain why you are worried about UK.

Reactions: BODACIOUS
If they cramp we should also cramp on offense immediately after play is resumed. This would make a 6 hour game forcing the NCAA to make a rule.

VN Store

Back