Kentucky week

You beat this to death in another thread. What is it with you and the Pitt Win? It was the first real test of the season. We didn’t play great but we still WON THE GAME. We aren’t going to win every game by 50. Get over it. Or go find some other team to root for that does win every game by 50.
Pitt game is equivalent of 1998 close win over Syracuse. We got better and they didnt improve. Rest is history!

UK OL has given up 26 sacks, 2 safeties, WL has thrown 5 int. Their fans are full of self-deception with the thoughts that WL is better than BY and that their D is better than Bama's which NO stat supports.

OP, Kentucky is only giving up 295 ypg on defense. Keep in mind that those numbers have come against the following:

1. Miami - Ohio
2. Florida
3. Youngstown St.
4. Northern Ill.
5. Ole Miss
6. South Carolina
7. Miss. St.

And Alabama's defense is giving up 296 ypg on defense.
That is a good stat and point. If we continue to remain solid on offense and the defense can get a few stops throughout the game, then we surpass 40 points.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Kentucky has a solid football team. Great RB, good young receivers, a QB with a lot of tools, and a good defense. There are no gimmies in the SEC. That said I have a lot of faith in this team and coaching staff to be ready. I’m thinking we win 45-27.

Kentucky has a solid football team. Great RB, good young receivers, a QB with a lot of tools, and a good defense. There are no gimmies in the SEC. That said I have a lot of faith in this team and coaching staff to be ready. I’m thinking we win 45-27.
Kentucky has a s-l-o-w defense i think Tennessee wins by 28 as they will never stop Tennessee's offense.

Reactions: Ratvol
Think this game is the most important game in this series since the 1950s for both teams. Outside of UGA this will be the most difficult game remaining on our schedule. A Tennessee win almost assures an 11 win season and even with a Georgia loss an 11-1 Tennessee team has a great shot to still make it to the playoffs.
Kentucky has an extra week to be ready. They will throw everything at us (fake injuries, hits on Hendon, etc). Their linebackers are excellent and Hendon will be pressured more in this game than any others including bama. They came close to beating us last year. This was with us coming off a bye where we were rested. This game makes or breaks their season and uk fans will start checking out of the program if they lose. We play a c+ or better game and we should win. But if we play like we did at Pitt we could lose.

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
Think this game is the most important game in this series since the 1950s for both teams. Outside of UGA this will be the most difficult game remaining on our schedule. A Tennessee win almost assures an 11 win season and even with a Georgia loss an 11-1 Tennessee team has a great shot to still make it to the playoffs.
Kentucky has an extra week to be ready. They will throw everything at us (fake injuries, hits on Hendon, etc). Their linebackers are excellent and Hendon will be pressured more in this game than any others including bama. They came close to beating us last year. This was with us coming off a bye where we were rested. This game makes or breaks their season and uk fans will start checking out of the program if they lose. We play a c+ or better game and we should win. But if we play like we did at Pitt we could lose.
Can't let him at all with them. Grab a lead and build on it.

I’m not worried but I am expecting a tough game. This is a game we can lose if we don’t play well. We won at their place last year by 3 in a shootout. I’m sure Stoops wants to control the ball and limit our possessions so it’s gonna be a battle to get them off the field. Us scoring early and often will take them out of the game plan. What I don’t want to see is a close game where they have the ball for 40 minutes and are able to run consistently for first downs. I don’t care if Levis throws for tons of yardage, I don’t think they win unless they dominate with their run game. Putting the game on Levis’ arm (and his thinking) will help us - letting Rodriguez have 25-30 carries for 150 yards will kill us.
Agree with your thoughts but would add that we have developed a good run defense that I think can take away KY’s ability to control the ball. Also, I think our pass rush against a weak KY line will be enough to hide our problems in the secondary. Vols by 2 TDs!

This lines up well for our defense. We are good at containing the rush (CROD) and their porous OL will help us to harass Levis and force bad passes/sacks.

Their Defense is better than average, but I would say LSU's is better.

Our special teams are about the same both have good Punt/KR, kickers are good but erratic at times.

Score 40 or more and we win by at least 10. Score 30 or more and we win close one.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
It depends on a few things.

1. We need a lot of our DBs to be available next week. We were really thin at CB the last 2 games.

2. We have to stop the run because they're going to want to run the ball and play keep away

3. The DBs/playcalling has to cover people long enough for DL to get home

They can't keep up with us if it turns into a high scoring game so we have to try to turn it into a track meet

I think we win comfortably

KY has the 109th run O in yards per game.
KY is 122nd in yards per rush.

Tennessee has the 8th best run D.
Mississippi ST is the best rush D KY has seen so far at 58th.

Tennessee will be the best run D KY has seen by a huge margin.

KY will be forced to pass just like everyone else to try and keep up. No ones passing O is as good as Tennessee’s……..can they keep up? On paper no…….I guess we will see.

VN Store

Back