Keeping up with the transfers

That was the one guy I wish Barnes had kept. He wanted to redshirt and Barnes said, no.

I still think Alexander has more raw talent than Owens. Both were built the same & about the same height. Alexander seemed to be the more skilled guy even back 2 years ago.

He was definitely a better shot blocker than Owens while Owens may have been slightly better than Alexander with post moves. Alexander has improved in this area now for him though.

That was the one guy I wish Barnes had kept. He wanted to redshirt and Barnes said, no.

To be fair, Tyndall said "no" as well. Hard to blame either coach either because they needed his height in the post due to a lack of options otherwise. Truthfully, they both prpbably knew he needed a RS year. It just wasn't a luxury either could afford.

I still think Alexander has more raw talent than Owens. Both were built the same & about the same height. Alexander seemed to be the more skilled guy even back 2 years ago.

He was definitely a better shot blocker than Owens while Owens may have been slightly better than Alexander with post moves. Alexander has improved in this area now for him though.

Both were very raw and relatively new to the sport. I think they have similar upside and wpuld have made a tremendous young duo to build in the post.

To be fair, Tyndall said "no" as well. Hard to blame either coach either because they needed his height in the post due to a lack of options otherwise. Truthfully, they both prpbably knew he needed a RS year. It just wasn't a luxury either could afford.

Well, he redshirted anyway but now Barnes, who needs every body he can get taller than 6-6, doesn't have him. Real smart

I remember his dad did make comments about their meeting with Barnes. I dont know if it was on here or not but it did have to do with guarantees if I remember correctly. And since Barnes didn't recruit him they felt best to move on. That's what I remember anyway.

I remember his dad did make comments about their meeting with Barnes. I dont know if it was on here or not but it did have to do with guarantees if I remember correctly. And since Barnes didn't recruit him they felt best to move on. That's what I remember anyway.

Pretty sure that was here. I wish he had stayed, but I gotta question any player who needs guarantees.jmo Especially from a coach who's helped put quite a few bigs in the league, whether your personalities clicked or not.

I don't blame the dude, he got a lot of eligibility left. I just wish players had more stick to it ive ness today.

Darius Thompson (CCM) - Virginia
Darius Thompson College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

A.J. Davis (CCM) - UCF Knights
AJ Davis College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Tariq Owens (CDT) - St. John's
Tariq Owens stats

Jabari McGhee (CDT) - WKU
Jabari McGhee stats

Willie Carmichael (CDT) - WKU
Willie Carmichael stats

Braxton Bonds (CDT) - Houston Baptist

Ray Kasongo (CRB) - Iowa State
Ray Kasongo stats

Good to see AJ playing. Looks like he's had an injured hand. Played 20 minutes in his first appearance a couple of days ago.

Larry Austin (CCM) - Xavier -> Vandy
stats

Jordan Cornish (CCM) - UNLV -> Tulane
stats

Phil Cofer (CCM) - Florida State
stats

CJ Turman (CCM) - FAU (dismissed)
stats

Kingsley Okoroh (CCM) - California
stats

Phil Cofer - 1 start, 3.8ppg in 16 min per game at FSU

Jordan Cornish - sitting out after transferring to Tulane, averaged 6.2 in 21.6 mpg last year at UNLV

Larry Austin - sitting out after transferring to Vandy, averaged 1.9ppg in 10.1mpg in 15-16

CJ Turman - kicked off FAU and trying to play overseas apparently

Kingsley Okorah is averaging 5.4 ppg while playing 21 mpg at Cal

^^^ thought it'd be interesting to look back at Cuonzo's last class before he headed to Cal.

Jordan Cornish - sitting out after transferring to Tulane, averaged 6.2 in 21.6 mpg last year at UNLV

Larry Austin - sitting out after transferring to Vandy, averaged 1.9ppg in 10.1mpg in 15-16

^^^ thought it'd be interesting to look back at Cuonzo's last class before he headed to Cal.

Probably a Life Champion or two in that group.

Reactions: 1 person

Cofer was looking great last year before he got injured. I wonder if it's effected him much this year.

Kingsley Okorah is gonna be a good player. His impact just isn't scoring pts right now.

VN Store

Back