Kavanaugh Confirmation

I doubt that she testifies. Her lawyer and the Dems will say the committee Repubs wouldn't agree to her terms, therefore it's off.

Welp there goes Ed Whelan's theory.

DnlIWLZW0AUHUdH.jpg

DnlIWLZXoAUMFDO.jpg
I know for a fact that alcohol never caused confusion in a person.

This is all such ********. Even if they investigated, what are they supposed to investigate? It happened 35 years ago so there is no physical evidence. By her own account, there were like 5-6 people there. Kavanaugh, Judge, and one other have supposedly said nothing like that happened. That's half of the people there. You have people now coming forward saying they heard about it, yet Ford said she was so traumatized by it she didn't speak of it until 2012. The story has so many holes, what exactly is the FBI or any investigative service supposed to find? It comes down to he said/she said and who do you believe? There is nothing to investigate.

And Ford and the Democrats know that. They timed the release of this information to delay, delay, delay. Now they're making unreasonable demands to delay, delay, delay. IF something actually happened to this woman, she truly has my sympathy, but the more she uses her allegation as a political weapon to further a party she has publicly supported, the more I question her credibility. I would think a victim would want to be heard, but despite being given that chance to be heard, she has refused to testify. The Dems have purposely created a shameless political circus. The fact the libs on this board continue to defend this behavior while attacking Trump as an "embarrassment" to America is outrageous. Put aside your political leanings and call it like it is. This is just wrong.

This is all such ********. Even if they investigated, what are they supposed to investigate? It happened 35 years ago so there is no physical evidence. By her own account, there were like 5-6 people there. Kavanaugh, Judge, and one other have supposedly said nothing like that happened. That's half of the people there. You have people now coming forward saying they heard about it, yet Ford said she was so traumatized by it she didn't speak of it until 2012. The story has so many holes, what exactly is the FBI or any investigative service supposed to find? It comes down to he said/she said and who do you believe? There is nothing to investigate.

And Ford and the Democrats know that. They timed the release of this information to delay, delay, delay. Now they're making unreasonable demands to delay, delay, delay. IF something actually happened to this woman, she truly has my sympathy, but the more she uses her allegation as a political weapon to further a party she has publicly supported, the more I question her credibility. I would think a victim would want to be heard, but despite being given that chance to be heard, she has refused to testify. The Dems have purposely created a shameless political circus. The fact the libs on this board continue to defend this behavior while attacking Trump as an "embarrassment" to America is outrageous. Put aside your political leanings and call it like it is. This is just wrong.

I agree.

I would also add that they intentionally want to delay the vote until after the midterms. If they win the senate, then they'll do what the Reps did during the Garland's process and refuse to have a vote,effectively blocking K's nomination.

I agree.

I would also add that they intentionally want to delay the vote until after the midterms. If they win the senate, then they'll do what the Reps did during the Garland's process and refuse to have a vote,effectively blocking K's nomination.

What the Republicans did with Garland was wrong, but they didn't impugn his character then refuse to seek truth. Kavanaugh has been accused of a heinous crime, and rather than address that accusation head on, they have used it to delay these proceedings for political reasons. This is a man's life, and some will forever believe the worst of him with no proof he actually did something wrong. They're actions are deplorable. Something like this should not be used as a political weapon.

No one has the burden of proof. This is not a trial, there is no standard of proof, let alone a burden of proof or production. This is a glorified job interview.

Now, just speaking in terms of fairness and how things usually work in everyday life, the accuser informally has both the burden of proof and production, so Schiff is wrong about this. But he knows that.
Oh ********.

I don't disagree with you, but her decision to play along with the Dems on their delay tactics have harmed her credibility IMO. How traumatized is she to use this alleged incident in a political game? If she simply agreed to come forward and share her story with the committee, I'd be more inclined to believe her. Instead of that, she has taken her story and used it as a tool to push a partisan ploy in order to delay the confirmation. She hasn't acted like the traumatized victim of a crime, IMO. She's acted more like an agent of the Democrats. None of this has been about getting at the truth. All of it has been about derailing the confirmation process.
She will feel like she has been assaulted by the Dimwits when yhos is all over and they throw her out like yesterday's WaPo. She's a pawn thay will be sacrificed in about a week.

Honestly it doesn't matter. The lines have been drawn and the daily outrage culture will move on to the next thing.
I don't thing the reublicucks have drawn any lines. Ford draws a line and they move to it. Then Ford draws a line and they move to it. Then another and another. It's pathetic.

They should set the date, set the time for her testimony, ask her to tell her story, ask her the appropriate questions, bring in Kavenaugh and whomever else they need and then hold a dam vote. Biggest screwup I've ever seen. I blame the democommies for doing it but I blame the republicucks for allowing it to happen.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
What in the holy f*** is going on at the Washington Post?

Common sense goes to die at wapo.
Want to prevent future rapes? E9D5F9A6-FB8E-4148-A4FD-4DF9C566DEB0.jpeg
I have read Sandra newman before. This is pretty typical for her. "Everyone is a potential rapist" to her. She has written ad nauseum on this subject and usually, I'm sure, struggles to put " alleged" in her stories.
She's got Kavanaugh guilty. I think Dr Ford is full of crap as well as difi. Testify before Kavanaugh does on Monday and let the chips fall where they may. Vote Wednesday.
Common sense tells me to raise your children correctly and raise your daughters to be able to defend themselves, not be victims, not put themselves in positions of danger.
The #metoo movement has morphed into a politically expedient tool used to bash men over the head with. The automatic assumption of guilt without due process reminds me of title IX... May it rest in pieces.
The point of stopping future rapes.....i have to laugh at that statement. Women have personal responsibility for their own safety too. The fact that so many women are jumping on Dr Fords bandwagon, with the most ambiguous collection of non remembrances is astounding to me. FWIW.

I think K should have been on offense from the second DiFi put this out. He should have filed a suit within 24hrs.

As to taking back the government, I personally believe it's broken beyond repair. If a person enters politics, even at the local level, with good intentions and great character, they are corrupt before the swearing in. By the time they get to a national level, it's mafia level criminality. The system is so corrupt an Honest person can't succeed.

I disagree, it works when the volunteer citizen (not politician) is incorruptible. Now, that is the hard part, as the vast majority are, it takes someone who can't be bought and has no desire or inclination to benefit monetarily from doing the job.

To help that along you have term limits and little pay and no benefits and no ability to become a lobbyist after their public duty. Add in large tax free sums of money fort turning in corrupt officials and the system will be as close to perfect as it was intended.

VN Store

Back