Kavanaugh Confirmation

So EL, you claim to be a lawyer, please defend this.

No one has the burden of proof. This is not a trial, there is no standard of proof, let alone a burden of proof or production. This is a glorified job interview.

Now, just speaking in terms of fairness and how things usually work in everyday life, the accuser informally has both the burden of proof and production, so Schiff is wrong about this. But he knows that.

I love that the Democrats are still running with the “why isn’t Kavanaugh requesting an FBI investigation like Dr Ford” line. Uh, why would he request an investigation?

Ed might be in big trouble.
He said that "he had no knowledge of what did or didn't happen" in that house and that he wasn't implying that Garrett was guilty of anything. He was just saying that she may have the two confused. I tend to agree that is a possible conclusion based on what he stated, as far as the house location, floorplan, etc..

I think this is an incredibly bad idea. Not a good look to mansplain to a woman that she is misremembering and that the old white men in the room have better access to the facts than the victim.

I think this is an incredibly bad idea. Not a good look to mansplain to a woman that she is misremembering and that the old white men in the room have better access to the facts than the victim.

It's that or call her a liar. Neither will produce the best optics.

He said that "he had no knowledge of what did or didn't happen" in that house and that he wasn't implying that Garrett was guilty of anything. He was just saying that she may have the two confused. I tend to agree that is a possible conclusion based on what he stated, as far as the house location, floorplan, etc..

It's possible. But you can't roll out a bunch of circumstantial evidence and point the finger at another person without having something concrete. It's insanely irresponsible.

I love that the Democrats are still running with the “why isn’t Kavanaugh requesting an FBI investigation like Dr Ford” line. Uh, why would he request an investigation?

The obvious reason would be to indicate he has nothing to hide, an open book, so to speak. I'd suspect that even if he wanted to, he would be advised not to.

Screw that mansplaining BS liberal label. One of the 11 republican white men needs to go full bore and hammer questions at her. All this playing around with kid gloves is BS. You want another Tea party? Because this is how you get another tea party.

Given bad optics either way - go with what you know for sure and avoid adding stuff to the mix that can be disputed.

Agreed.

I can only hope that Whelan spoke to the guy before he started tweeting. Failing to do so is Rolling Stone levels of terrible.

Screw that mansplaining BS liberal label. One of the 11 republican white men needs to go full bore and hammer questions at her. All this playing around with kid gloves is BS. You want another Tea party? Because this is how you get another tea party.

A tea party session might go over well with the ladies.. fancy hats, ties and all.. Brilliant.

Sounds like personal experience

Nothing that happens here will go well with the ladies - that's a given

Married long enough to know that mansplaining to a woman about what she experienced is a recipe for sleeping on the couch and going celebate for the next week.

VN Store

Back