Kahlil McKenzie lost the weight, but now he must improve his pad level

I'm sorry but if the depth chart means nothing why even put it out there. Everyone is saying this is for motivation or respect to seniority.

Why put up with the charade then?

All in all Butch Jones handling of personnel decisions leaves a lot to be desired.
Your repetitive obsession with this is comical. You've got no idea how many snaps anybody will get. You've got no idea what has happened in closed practice. You've got no idea what the game plan is or how/when- especially a new DC - plans to utilize talent. You've got no idea what the rotation will look like, how often we'll be in 3 or even 2 man down sets, how "heavy" or light Shoop wants to play etc etc etc.

In closing, you've got no idea, so stop boring the rest of the board to tears with the same post trying to convince people otherwise.

Reactions: 6 people
Can McKenzie overcome the stigma of being labeled a bust and become the dominate player Vol fans envisioned?:popcorn:

Can McKenzie overcome the stigma of being labeled a bust and become the dominate player Vol fans envisioned?:popcorn:

Lol, speaking only for myself I am not yet ready to accept the premise KMac is a bust or should be labeled as one.

Other guys from KMac's class aren't sitting behind fringe NFL prospects like Danny O'Brien.

You guys are acting like O'Brien is a future first round pick. The guy will be lucky to get signed as an undrafted free agent ala Kyler Kerbyson.

If Kahlil can't beat out this guy then he's not who we thought he was.

You talk as if freshmen come in and dominate at D-tackle all the time. That's rarely the case. Ndamukong Suh turned out to be a pretty good one at Nebraska and he had 19 tackles as a frosh. McKenzie had 24. After not playing as a hs senior.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm sorry but if the depth chart means nothing why even put it out there. Everyone is saying this is for motivation or respect to seniority.

All in all Butch Jones handling of personnel decisions leaves a lot to be desired.

I don't think it's a charade,Danny O has earned the right to start against Appy State. The man's been a work horse for us. The depth chart will change week to week but he has earned the right to start game one for us. I think by Florida K Mac will be starting

Apparently Danny O did a lot of work in the off season to really try to elevate his game. Worked out at former VFL chuck smith at his training facility D Line Inc

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: 4 people
There may be things KMac still has to get better at before he starts over the upperclassmen. He is gonna be a great player but O'Brian and Vickers have shown that coaches can trust them right now. I thought they both played well last year and the rotation that's used will allow everyone plenty of playingtime. Just enjoy the season and support our players no matter who they are.

Reactions: 1 person
Other 5 star defensive tackles from his class are not playing behind guys like Vickers and O'Brien. Trent Thompson (Georgia), Terry Beckner Jr. (Missouri), Daylon Mack (Texas A&M) were already listed as starters LAST YEAR as true freshmen. They are all starting once again this year as sophomores.

Last year Kahlil didn't start and people made excuses for him. WHAT ARE THE EXCUSES NOW? 5 star recruits don't sit behind players like Danny O'Brien as sophomores.

This is a bad development. No way to sugar coat it.

You have stated many times that ESPN is the most accurate recruiting service and really the only one that matters. Since thats the case, you shoukd really do your research before spouting off garbage. KMac wasnt a 5* according to ESPN: Kahlil McKenzie - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Battle to start?

If KMac doesn't have a starting spot already locked up by now then this is a big time disappointment.

I'm sorry but we gotta start talking BUST if he can't beat out mediocre talents like Danny O'Brien and Kendal Vickers as a sophomore.

This is a VERY BAD development.

I'm hoping whoever gave this post a like accidentally missed the ignore button.

Dude sat out a year and came in 40 pounds overweight. He's put in crazy work in the offseason, completely transforming his body. Nobody should be doubting his dedication and calling him a bust. That's absurd and insulting.

I'd Iike to see D4H's training and nutrition regimen. Given posts like the above, I wonder if it might include ingesting heavy metals and beating himself about the head.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm hoping whoever gave this post a like accidentally missed the ignore button.

Dude sat out a year and came in 40 pounds overweight. He's put in crazy work in the offseason, completely transforming his body. Nobody should be doubting his dedication and calling him a bust. That's absurd and insulting.

I'd Iike to see D4H's training and nutrition regimen. Given posts like the above, I wonder if it might include ingesting heavy metals and beating himself about the head.

Lead and mercury are essential to any dedicated athlete's diet.

-D4H

KMac is going to have a monster year, I just feel it. It really doesn't matter at all when it comes to who gets the starting nod. I'm sure the snaps will be distributed pretty evenly since we have the depth with the additions of Tuttle and Johnson to run a platoon like system.

Not all players are breakout stars their freshmen year like Derek Barnett. Before it is all said and done, I feel confident KMac is going to leave a lasting legacy at UT as a fantastic DT.

They're remaking IT and here is what the new Pennywise played by Bill Skarsgard. IT is still my favorite King Novel

Great novel, however... The Stand, and The Dark Tower series. Sorry. JMO... As to short stories, The Mist--totally butchered by the movie.

I'm sure he is concerned that you're concerned. I know I'm concerned about your concern. You're funny.

Reactions: 1 person
i'm not worried about Kmac. i think last year was what it probably should have been, given that he hadn't played a down of competitive football in a year. that and he came in out of shape and just never got back in to it.

by all accounts, he's done just fine this camp. i said it several times last year that the expectations for him we way out of proportion with where he really was, and as a result, he's viewed as a let down or 'bust".

the reality is, he should be a force this year, part of a solid rotation, leaner, and in better conditioned shape.....

i'll be shocked if he's not markedly improved from last season.

VN Store

Back