Kahlil McKenzie lost the weight, but now he must improve his pad level

Battle to start?

If KMac doesn't have a starting spot already locked up by now then this is a big time disappointment.

I'm sorry but we gotta start talking BUST if he can't beat out mediocre talents like Danny O'Brien and Kendal Vickers as a sophomore.

This is a VERY BAD development.

Why? Just why!?!

O'Brien and Kendal Vickers have improved and worked very hard.....so this is not bad development D4H, quit bashing players that give their all for the Vols

Other 5 star defensive tackles from his class are not playing behind guys like Vickers and O'Brien. Trent Thompson (Georgia), Terry Beckner Jr. (Missouri), Daylon Mack (Texas A&M) were already listed as starters LAST YEAR as true freshmen. They are all starting once again this year as sophomores.

Last year Kahlil didn't start and people made excuses for him. WHAT ARE THE EXCUSES NOW? 5 star recruits don't sit behind players like Danny O'Brien as sophomores.

This is a bad development. No way to sugar coat it.

Reactions: 1 person
Battle to start?

If KMac doesn't have a starting spot already locked up by now then this is a big time disappointment.

I'm sorry but we gotta start talking BUST if he can't beat out mediocre talents like Danny O'Brien and Kendal Vickers as a sophomore.

You are so wrong and have no clue

Reactions: 7 people
Other 5 star defensive tackles from his class are not playing behind guys like Vickers and O'Brien. Trent Thompson (Georgia), Terry Beckner Jr. (Missouri), Daylon Mack (Texas A&M) were already listed as starters LAST YEAR as true freshmen. They are all starting once again this year as sophomores.

Last year Kahlil didn't start and people made excuses for him. WHAT ARE THE EXCUSES NOW? 5 star recruits don't sit behind players like Danny O'Brien as sophomores.

This is a bad development. No way to sugar coat it.

Danny O is a senior and a top DE. Kmac will be fine and get plenty of playing time. Jesus, it's just a list bro and we haven't even played a game. Everyone who knows anything g about this team knows we are rotating about 6 to 8 players on the line. Give it a rest

Danny O is a senior and a top DE. Kmac will be fine and get plenty of playing time. Jesus, it's just a list bro and we haven't even played a game. Everyone who knows anything g about this team knows we are rotating about 6 to 8 players on the line. Give it a rest

Other guys from KMac's class aren't sitting behind fringe NFL prospects like Danny O'Brien.

You guys are acting like O'Brien is a future first round pick. The guy will be lucky to get signed as an undrafted free agent ala Kyler Kerbyson.

If Kahlil can't beat out this guy then he's not who we thought he was.

Here is some D4H logic for you. Dobbs is a bust bc he hasn't improved his down the field passing in 4 years and we should sit him for QD

Reactions: 7 people
Other guys from KMac's class aren't sitting behind fringe NFL prospects like Danny O'Brien.

You guys are acting like O'Brien is a future first round pick. The guy will be lucky to get signed as an undrafted free agent ala Kyler Kerbyson.

If Kahlil can't beat out this guy then he's not who we thought he was.

Danny O isn't fringe, he has a senior season to rise his stock as well. He's a hell of a player and like I said, it's a rotation Holmes, not like KM is just sitting on the bench.

Reactions: 3 people
Danny O isn't fringe, he has a senior season to rise his stock as well. He's a hell of a player and like I said, it's a rotation Holmes, not like KM is just sitting on the bench.

I don't see other 5 stars from KMac's class listed as backups. They were all starting LAST YEAR.

Sorry but there is no way to spin this. Either Butch Jones is making dumb personnel decisions AGAIN or KMac isn't who we thought he was.

Lets hope its the former and this is another Jumper over Kirkland situation.

I don't see other 5 stars from KMac's class listed as backups. They were all starting LAST YEAR.

Sorry but there is no way to spin this. Either Butch Jones is making dumb personnel decisions AGAIN or KMac isn't who we thought he was.

Whatever dude, it's just a lineup and we all know he will play. You are just looking for reasons to blow Jones up.

Reactions: 5 people
Battle to start?

O'Brien is pretty good, but not sure why he couldn't beat Vickers for a starting spot.

O'Brien is pretty good, but not sure why he couldn't beat Vickers for a starting spot.

Vickers is better than O'Brien. But it doesn't matter. Both are fringe NFL prospects at best.

Kahlil not clearly beating them out by now is a BAD SIGN. A very bad sign.

Vickers is better than O'Brien. But it doesn't matter. Both are fringe NFL prospects at best.

Shoop run the defense, not Jones.
Learn some patients and let the coaches do their job. Remember Reggie White didn't dominate as a sophomore either, sometimes it takes a little time.

CBJ recently said that who starts isn't as important as to who is playing in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line. :hi:

KMac is going to be a force for us. They're motivating him and pushing him to get better. His upside is tremendous and he is showing he wants to put in the work to get there. Someone calling him a bust at this point is going to be made to look very stupid after the season is over.

KMac is going to be a force for us. They're motivating him and pushing him to get better. His upside is tremendous and he is showing he wants to put in the work to get there. Someone calling him a bust at this point is going to be made to look very stupid after the season is over.

He looks that way before the season!

How many of those TF 5*'s hadn't played an entire year prior to going to the SEC and started year 1? How many of them came in overweight and out of shape as bad as KMac? That explains the hold up last year for CJJ (not Butch) starting experience over out of shape and rusty talent IMO.

As for this season, not that it really matters who starts cause this will be a Dline by committee, you have a veteran player in Danny O that has been the most improved player on D according to mult players/coaches and KMac that will have to prove to the staff he can be a 3 down lineman and stay disruptive throughout several series before they give him the nod. I'm fine with the "prove it" mentality.

Let's see who gets the lion share of snaps during the 4 game stretch and that will tell who Shoop (not Butch) thinks is the best.

How many of those TF 5*'s hadn't played an entire year prior to going to the SEC and started year 1? How many of them came in overweight and out of shape as bad as KMac? That explains the hold up last year for CJJ (not Butch) starting experience over out of shape and rusty talent IMO.

As for this season, not that it really matters who starts cause this will be a Dline by committee, you have a veteran player in Danny O that has been the most improved player on D according to mult players/coaches and KMac that will have to prove to the staff he can be a 3 down lineman and stay disruptive throughout several series before they give him the nod. I'm fine with the "prove it" mentality.

Let's see who gets the lion share of snaps during the 4 game stretch and that will tell who Shoop (not Butch) thinks is the best.

I'm sorry but if the depth chart means nothing why even put it out there. Everyone is saying this is for motivation or respect to seniority.

Why put up with the charade then?

All in all Butch Jones handling of personnel decisions leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm sorry but if the depth chart means nothing why even put it out there. Everyone is saying this is for motivation or respect to seniority.

All in all Butch Jones handling of personnel decisions leaves a lot to be desired.
No, it doesn't and if they didn't put out a chart you would say butch can't make up his mind and is afraid to make decisions. It's just a chart and not the law. Jesus, get it through your thick Butch hating head that it's fluid

Reactions: 4 people

Please go back to being a fan of another team.

Reactions: 2 people
I think we should allow him to actually play out his college career before throwing out the bust charge. A lot of really good young guys aren't even playing much yet. Truthfully Kahlil could have used a redshirt last year but we just didn't have the luxury.

VN Store

Back