Justice League

Wonder Woman, Shazam and Green Lantern/Flash Team-Up Projects Rumored!

Wonder Woman, Shazam and Green Lantern/Flash Team-Up Projects Rumored!

A rumored lineup of DC Comics feature films has hit today at the just-launched NikkiFinke.com, suggesting that, at July's Comic-Con International, Warner Bros. will officially announce their superhero slate through 2018! Following Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice on May 6, 2016, will be, according to Finke, a Shazam! solo film in July 2016, the Joseph Gordon-Levitt Sandman film the following December, Zack Snyder's Justice League in May 2017, a Wonder Woman film in July 2017, a surprise Flash and Green Lantern team-up film Christmas of 2017 and a direct Man of Steel sequel in May 2018!

Finke goes on to claim that Justice Leaguers appearing in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice include, in addition to Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg, the Flash and a non-Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern. She also suggests that Aquaman will debut in Justice League.

All of this should be taken with a grain of salt for the time being, but, if this schedule pans out, it would mean that Warner Bros. is going full force opposite Marvel Studios, upping their output to three superhero films a year. Of course, it's a safe bet that Marvel will have a few surprises announcements of its own in July.

More...

Warner Bros.' DC Comics Movie Line-Up Revealed!?

Warner Bros.' DC Comics Movie Line-Up Revealed!?

Warner Bros. has a lot of catching up to do when it comes to superhero movies. Marvel has left them in the dust, but it doesn't mean that the WB is going to lay down and die. We know they have big plans brewing. Two of their upcoming films will most definitely include Batman v Super: Dawn of Justice and Justice League, both of which Zack Snyder is directing.

Thanks to Nikki Finke, we now have some additional information on what is coming our way. She says that she has intel on what "is coming up at this July’s Comic-Con from the studio." Does that mean the studio plans on officially announcing the titles at the geek convention? I guess we'll just have to wait and see. In the mean time, here's the list of DC films that the studio are rumored to be in development:

May 2016 – Batman v Superman
July 2016 – Shazam
Xmas 2016 – Sandman
May 2017 – Justice League
July 2017 – Wonder Woman
Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2

I for one am particularly excited for the Flash and Green Lantern team-up movie. That could be cool. The report goes on to say that there had also been talk of a Metal Men and Suicide Squad movie for 2016, but the project was cut from the schedule. But that doesn't mean it won't happen eventually.

The report also gives the reason why Batman v Superman was delayed, and that reason is that the film will act as a launching pad for Justice League, which is something a lot of fans speculated anyway. The site's source then says that the superheroes in their cinematic universe will make cameos in each other's films. Here's the quote explaining that:

"Like Marvel’s The Avengers, there will be cameos of superheroes for future installments. The cameos will include the already known Cyborg and Flash. Green Lantern [not played by Ryan Reynolds, thank god] may be introduced. And Aquaman will be seen in the Justice League movie. Problem is, Warner Bros Pictures was still negotiating with the actors for those cameos and future roles, meaning major contracts for multiple JL/character films to follow. The studio didn’t want to move forward until they had more of this secure so they held off starting production for a few months. Seemingly simple reason, but the implications are pretty darn huge."

There are lots of good things happening here and DC fans should be really excited about this. Hopefully they are able to bring us great films that will entice us to come back and see more.

Hmmm.... Are they going to put Nei Gaimen's Sandman firmly in the DCU? Although the comic did have one foot in the DCU briefly, it was more of a stand alone series. Not to thrilled about that idea.

Flash/GL has potential.

Shazam is getting a movie.

.....crazy times we're living in.

Last edited:
Green Arrow/Green Lantern would be more intriguing. Classic story run back in the day.

Hmmm.... Are they going to put Neil Gaimen's Sandman firmly in the DCU? Although the comic did have one foot in the DCU briefly, it was more of a stand alone series. Not to thrilled about that idea.
If your saying is he going to be in say Justice League probably not but the character is published by DC Comics.

If your saying is he going to be in say Justice League probably not but the character is published by DC Comics.

Well technically yes.

Sandman started in the DCU but was the catalyst title for the Vertigo line which went on to act independently from the DCU for over 20 years. During that time they published a ton of books that did/would not fit into the DCU such as Preacher, The Invisibles, 100 Bullets, and Fables. Some characters transitioned from one line to the other and back again, such as Swamp Thing, Constantine, Animal Man, Doom Patrol, and a few others. For the most part those characters' Vertigo continuity were not carried over when they were folded back into the DCU.

Sandman (and his sister Death) did appear in JL (and Action Comics respectively) for an issue after the series ended with permission from Gaimen.

End of the day I would rather they not attempt to have Sandman in the same Cineatic universe as Justice League.

It was a hoax. Some fans actually printed a few dozen and mailed them to comic shops as promo material.

There is a justice league fake fanmade poster that includes Darkseid, Martian Manhunter, etc.
Or you could say fictional as in not produced by warner brothers so the same as fan fiction but no writing involved.

So I saw on yahoo news Jason Momoa will be playing aquaman. So finally he's also appearing on the big screen.

Possible Solo BATMAN Movie Release Date and Working Title

Possible Solo BATMAN Movie Release Date and Working Title

With a new version of Batman being introduced in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, it's not hard to imagine that Warner Bros. is going to eventually give fans another solo Batman film. The current Warner Bros. DC movie line up also includes Justice League, Shazam!, Sandman, Wonder Woman, and a Flash/Green Lantern team up movie. Those are all set to be released between 2016 and 2018.

The good folks over at Latino-Review are reporting that the studio is also looking to release a new Batman solo movie in 2019. They also reveal that the working title for the movie is The Batman. This is just a rumor for now, but it's not that hard to believe. I just wish we didn't have to wait so long to see another standalone Batman movie. It's ok though, we still have Batman v Superman and Justice League which will both include the Caped Crusader.

I imagine they've got Affleck locked in a contract for a certain number of films, so I'm sure he'll star in it. Hopefully the fans like what he does with the character in the upcoming movie. There's also a possibility thrown out there that Affleck could direct the Batman film, which would actually be really cool. Affleck is a great director, and I'm sure he would develop an awesome movie. Now I enjoy Zack Snyder's films, but lets face it… Affleck is the better filmmaker.

Comic-Con Bombshell: WB Wants ‘Batman V Superman’ Scribe Chris Terrio For ‘Justice League’

Comic-Con Bombshell: WB Wants ‘Batman V Superman’ Scribe Chris Terrio For ‘Justice League’

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros hosts its Comic-Con panel tomorrow morning where Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice is expected to be front and center, but here’s a morsel to nibble on today. I’m hearing that after he absolutely crushed the script on that film, Oscar-winning Argo scribe Chris Terrio is being courted by the studio to come aboard and script its Justice League movie. That superhero mash-up will be DC Comics‘ answer to Marvel’s Avengers juggernaut. Not that well known prior to Argo, Terrio has fast become an A-list scribe, and a favorite of writer-directors. He’s got Bunker Hill with Ben Affleck, and The Foreigner, among several big pics. Terrio’s repped by WME.

Affleck’s going to star as Batman in the Zack Snyder-directed Justice League and Henry Cavill will reprise Superman, while Gal Gadot will play Wonder Woman and Game Of Thrones alum Jason Momoa is on the docket to play Aquaman. Might be the highest-priority film at Warner Bros for new film division managers Greg Silverman and Sue Kroll.

Guillermo del Toro Says JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK Will Be Separate from Other DC Projects

Guillermo del Toro Says JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK Will Be Separate from Other DC Projects

During a interview with Guillermo del Toro at Comic-Con SHH asked the director about the Justice League Dark project that he's been developing. He was asked if this would connect with any of the other DC properties currently in development, like Constantine or Sandman. This was what he said,

“I’m still working on it. Sandman doesn’t figure in the Dark Universe. We have Deadman, we have the Demon, we have Swamp Thing, we have Zatana, we have Constantine, but DC and Warners have been very clear that they are trying to keep those properties separate so when the time comes they can unite them, once they know they’re quantifiable. Batman, Superman, Green Lantern… everyone eventually will come together. Right now, they’re allowing us independence.”

When it comes to the Constantine TV series that's coming out and how that figures into the equation he said,

“No, I had that conversation when the Constantine show was pitched. I said, ‘Do I have to have continuity with that?’ and they said, ‘No, feel free to continue the way you’re going.”

He added, “Swamp Thing for me is my favorite superhero of all times. I always like the monsters." That comment led him into talking about the Hulk, "I love the Hulk,“ which was followed by an update on the Hulk TV series that he was working on with Marvel. Unfortunately, he says that the show has been cancelled, and he thinks the reasoning behind is because they were having so much success with Mark Ruffalo’s version of the character in the movies.

That tells me that maybe they are actually planning that solo Hulk film that fans have been hoping for.

DC is really missing the opportunity to not tie the TV and Movies together. I think having different. Versions of Constantine on TV and in a movie will be off putting to audiences.

Same for Flash if they recast for JLA.

I would really like to see Green Arrow and Flash TV shows used to lead up to the movie.

I would really like to see Green Arrow and Flash TV shows used to lead up to the movie.

I would too but DC/Warner are being very adamant that they will be kept separate. I just don't see how they can do JL w/o The Flash.

I would too but DC/Warner are being very adamant that they will be kept separate. I just don't see how they can do JL w/o The Flash.

With the way Agents of SHIELD started coming together at the end of the season, I'm surprised DC hasn't seen the benefits of crossing over from TV to movies.

It's Official!

Dwayne Johnson to Play Black Adam in Shazam!

Dwayne Johnson to Play Black Adam in Shazam!

Despite saying just two weeks ago that he couldn’t decide between playing the titular Shazam or his arch-enemy Black Adam, actor Dwayne Johnson took to Twitter today to announce that he will be playing Black Adam in the upcoming film. No further details are known about the film however, including writer, director, or a release date, but check back here for more on the film as we learn it.

Originally Teth-Adam of Kahndaq, the character first appeared in Marvel Family #1 in 1945 and has gone on to be both a villain and an anti-hero throughout his history. The character has powers comparable to that of Shazam, including flight, strength, agility, lightning manipulation, as well as magic.

Johnson has been in talks to star in a DC film for many years at this point, and earlier this year hinted that Black Adam was one of his favorite characters. A rumor back in June pointed toward a Shazam film opening in 2016 along with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and though there is a DC-based film set for release August 5 of that year, it hasn’t been confirmed as being Shazam.

So Warner Brothers has released their projected DC Universe film schedule for the next several years! They also announced that Ezra Miller (The Perks of Being a Wallflower) will be the silver screen's version of The Flash, and Ray Fisher has been cast as Victor Stone/Cyborg!

upcoming-dc-films1.jpg

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice directed by Zack Snyder
Suicide Squad directed by David Ayer

Wonder Woman starring Gal Gadot
Justice League: Part One directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles

The Flash starring Ezra Miller
Aquaman starring Jason Momoa

Shazam
Justice League: Part Two directed by Zack Snyder

Cyborg starring Ray Fisher
Green Lantern

VN Store

Back