'19 JUCO OLB Kuony Deng

Freak, ive never complained about this, I know you gotta pay the bills...but, these ads are killing me. It is possibly user error but..seems like the page loads, i hit the box to type. it kicks out and i hit an ad.

Anyway, Mr Deng looks like Kevin Simon at first glance.

Reactions: RowdyTop
Tennessee threw their name in the mix for the nations top rated Junior College outside linebacker on Tuesday when Co-Defensive Coordinator, Chris Rumph, extended the offer to Kuony Deng of Independence C.C.

Deng says the two had spoken before but he believes that he recently showed up on the Tennessee staff’s radar.

Deng holds multiple power five offers including teams like Texas, Texas A&M and Virginia Tech, as well as several others. Deng is a caliber of player that can see the field early and make an immediate impact.

He says, “Tennessee has made it clear that they love my game.” The message from the Volunteers staff to Deng is simple, as they tell him that he can make all of his goals happen if he chooses to further his football career in Knoxville.

At 6’6” and 235 pounds Deng is one of the big men on campus at Independence and he is familiar with one of the Vols big men, former Independence standout Emmitt Gooden. Gooden was a standout during his junior college days at Independence prior to committing to Tennessee over Arkansas and West Virginia.

When asked about the relationship between the two and if it would help Tennessee down the road Deng said, “It’s cool that it ended up that way because Emmitt helped recruit me to Independence and now he’s trying to recruit me to Tennessee.” It’s safe to say if the Volunteers are able to get Deng on Campus who his host will be.

However, with his football season waging on Deng is unsure of how the rest of his visits will play out but says he is , “definitely interested” in visiting Tennessee. Deng is most recently coming off of an official visit to UCLA.

He is a native of Virginia and because of that Virginia Tech is viewed as the favorite. However, with the transition to the 3-4 coupled with the losses that the Volunteers will suffer up front, it is highly likely that Pruitt and staff will put the full court press on for Deng’s service. The JuCo prospect is a highly versatile athlete that can play a hybrid position in the Vols defense.

Deng is not rushing the process but he does plan to commit sometime in mid to late November as of right now. The Tennessee staff will have their work cut out for them to get Deng on campus before he makes a decision
—Vol Recruiting Reports

kid looks pretty good. that 4 game highlight video is pretty strong. hes long, seems quick laterally and looks like he has good closing speed. in the highlights, he looks like a solid tackler and stronger than i'd of guessed.

feel like he stlil needs to put on some muscle, but you can't argue with 6'6" 240.. and some speed.....that's like Cam Newton sized.

like this offer. like that he has 3 years. like that he could probably come in next year and compete at DE/OLB.

Reactions: T Dog and Easttnken
Speaking of VT, Deng got that Tremaine Edmonds size at LB.

Last edited:
If this is what Ears is recruiting Tennessee is in big trouble. I am all for giving the man a chance, but this type of player is not going to get it done in the SEC.

If this is what Ears is recruiting Tennessee is in big trouble. I am all for giving the man a chance, but this type of player is not going to get it done in the SEC.

A top 10 juco #1 OLB isn't who we should be recruiting when losing majority of our front 7? This cat going straight to ignore list

kid looks pretty good. that 4 game highlight video is pretty strong. hes long, seems quick laterally and looks like he has good closing speed. in the highlights, he looks like a solid tackler and stronger than i'd of guessed.

feel like he stlil needs to put on some muscle, but you can't argue with 6'6" 240.. and some speed.....that's like Cam Newton sized.

like this offer. like that he has 3 years. like that he could probably come in next year and compete at DE/OLB.
I like that Gooden is on him.

I read this guys name as Kenny Dong... I may be dyslexic. Sorry, had to share.

Carry on....

Tommy-Tuberville.jpg

He's a 4* and one of the Top JUCO players in the country..I'm assuming you're calling JP ears for some unknown reason but I trust him with any player he offer's, especially on Defense.

Reactions: T Dog

VN Store

Back