Josh Smith and Johnathon Johnson were our leading receivers yesterday...

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Both off the bench. Thoughts?

Josh Smith 3-36;
Johnathon Johnson 2-57;
Marquez North 2-27;
Alton Howard 1-8;
Marlin Lane 1-7;
Jacob Carter 1-6;
Brendan Downs 1-1.

Reactions: 1 person
wish croom could have hauled in that long one. Also thought we would have seen more RB/WR screens in the first two games.

Josh Smith 3-36;
Johnathon Johnson 2-57;
Marquez North 2-27;
Alton Howard 1-8;
Marlin Lane 1-7;
Jacob Carter 1-6;
Brendan Downs 1-1.

I'll wait until after Oregon. I think we are still hiding a few passing plays.

I think Johnson is gonna have a big year.

Johnson is listed at 5-9, but man, he doesn't look that tall up close. He is really small.

I like Josh Smith a lot. I'm impressed that he's been able to come in as a freshman and contribute right away. I always love seeing local kids do well.

Reactions: 8 people

Josh Smith 3-36;
Johnathon Johnson 2-57;
Marquez North 2-27;
Alton Howard 1-8;
Marlin Lane 1-7;
Jacob Carter 1-6;
Brendan Downs 1-1.

Careful, Freak. There's a legion of posters who will scream some form of Butch Gets It at you , trust the coaches, and to stop whining for even bringing this up.

It's a smokescreen for the Oregon game.

Careful, Freak. There's a legion of posters who will scream some form of Butch Gets It at you , trust the coaches, and to stop whining for even bringing this up.

Is that before or after some guy comes along and warns me about what everyone else will post? :)

I think it's great to see these two new guys contributing.

Anyone know whats happened to drew Bowles? Looked like he had an injury during a special teams play.

Johnson is listed at 5-9, but man, he doesn't look that tall up close. He is really small.

I like Josh Smith a lot. I'm impressed that he's been able to come in as a freshman and contribute right away. I always love seeing local kids do well.

As far as I'm concerned they kept the passing game alive. Great effort from those two and I don't think that will be all they catch either.
GO VOLS! BEAT THE DUCKS!!

Reactions: 3 people
this. They will contribute all year (and in the future) I'd imagine, but the list will look much different as the season progresses imo.

I look for Croom and North to rise to the top

I agree about North, and he still has the most catches on the season with five, but it's a little concerning that Croom hasn't caught a pass yet. Hopefully it will come.

And it's not like there have been a ton of passes to go around, just 40 attempts in two games.

I agree about North, and he still has the most catches on the season with five, but it's a little concerning that Croom hasn't caught a pass yet. Hopefully it will come.

I still can't believe Croom dropped that pass yesterday. Fell right through his hands. We can't have that against Oregon.

I still can't believe Croom dropped that pass yesterday. Fell right through his hands. We can't have that against Oregon.

He should have caught it, but drops happen to the best of them. Hopefully he won't dwell on it and will make the most of his next opportunity.

I guess, but to me it's not too surprising since it's Crooms first year playing and Worley's first year starting. They'll get together more (they'll have to in big games) and I think he'll have a breakout game in the next few weeks

Having said that, it would have been awesome if he caught that ball yesterday. Potential big confidence booster for both him and Worley

I agree 100%

Is that before or after some guy comes along and warns me about what everyone else will post? :)

I think it's great to see these two new guys contributing.

I love it. I posted in another thread that at this point our starting 3 should be that top 3 you listed - Johnson, Smith, and North. What's crazy is how little anyone knew of Johnson - I don't even know where he's from, who else recruited him, etc. I'm sure someone will post a link on him, so thanks in advance. :)

It's good to see some home grown talent doing well on the team!

Without a doubt. It's fun to get a glimpse of guys, like Josh Smith, who we've seen excel locally in high school, make plays on a big stage in Neyland.

He should have caught it, but drops happen to the best of them. Hopefully he won't dwell on it and will make the most of his next opportunity.

I don't think Coach Z will let him. I like CZA from what I've seen and I think he'll get a lot of production out of Croom and our other WRs

VN Store

Back