Josh Richardson to the Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact is Peyton Manning is VERY good friends with Todd Helton. TH wanted Peyton to attend a Rockies game in 2012. To say that this relationship has NOTHING to do with Manning deciding on going to Denver is just wrong.

That isn't what was said. The comparison made was that Peyton decided to be a Bronco BECAUSE Todd Helton was his buddy. I wouldn't disagree that Peyton's relationship with Todd Helton has SOMETHING to do with his choosing Denver. But same as my initial post, not a major factor.

"That's like saying because Todd Helton and Peyton Manning are friends, that's why Manning chose to play in Denver."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
That isn't what was said. The comparison made was that Peyton decided to be a Bronco BECAUSE Todd Helton was his buddy.

OMG....the one complaining about reading comprehension is now turning into Mr. "I'm going to get down to technicalities".

Bearcat was right.

Here are some excerpts from his interview with the Miami media after the draft:
On his three point stroke, which is now a strength of his game: "It was a matter of being in the gym everyday . It hasn't been easy at all but I think I can be a solid shooter at the NBA level."
On how he was able to get on many teams radar in the days leading up to the NBA Draft: "I think it was because of how hard I compete, how well I defend and how much of an improvement I've made since college. I'm a way better shooter from when i was in college."
Josh Richardson speaks about Heat, Draft and Summer League - Hot Hot Hoops

Nice move to bury this , "Josh speaks about Heat, Draft and Summer League in this other thread so that 8000 people never see it who have read this thread. Geez! It was very interesting. The point was to allow folks to see his comments.

Here's some more comments they won't get to read. "They said I'm a perfect fit for the team," he said Friday, recapping the call he received from Riley and Spoelstra after the became the first Vol drafted by the Heat. "They said positionless basketball is a big thing that's coming on now. They think they can just throw me oot there and I can play a couple of different positions. They say they like to defend."

Last edited:
"They think they can just throw me oot there and I can play a couple of different positions."

He must be practicing against Barnes's Canadians.

Trollitis is contagious. Prayers for a cure.

Fact is Butch Jones is VERY good friends with Erik Spoelstra. ES wanted Butch to attend game 7 in 2013. To say that this relationship has NOTHING to do with the Heat drafting Richardson is just wrong.

Nothing frustrating about firing back at the stupid posts that attempt to twist what I said. I really don't give an eff if anybody agrees with me or not.

Link that supports this? Surely in Miami's release or interviews about their draft choice Spoelstra's friendship with Butch was referenced as a reason they chose Josh.

Reactions: 1 person
Josh, heir apparent to Duane Wade. "He is now an all-around player with tremendous athleticism , and a legitimate argument can be made that he left Tennessee as a better guard than Jordan McRae or Scotty Hopson."
Is Josh Richardson Dwyane Wade Successor on Miami Heat?

I think Richarson is the better overall player than McRae and Hopson. McRae and Hopson have better offensive games than Richardson, but they don't play D like him, rebound as well, force turnovers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back