Josh Dobbs (merged)

No. Football ain't like basketball. Its far more of a team sport. Its why a guy like Aaron Rodgers can be the best QB of all-time (based on skill level) and yet have only one Super Bowl ring.
How can Rodgers be the greatest of all time if Dobbs is the greatest ever?

Never said that. Dobbs is great but no single NFL player can make that difference.

What Dobbs can do however is take a decently talented team like the Steelers to the next level.
Apparently 1 player can make that big of a difference if the Steelers are the worst team in the NFL with Big Ben and Super Bowl champs with Dobbs

Lol, it's more entertaining reading responses now that I don't see the silly parts.
Helps the sanity level. I came on here back in 2015 complementing Dobbs after the UGA game because of his athletic ability and he has a lot of it. But you can't out athlete the NFL.

Will they let Dobbs pass the ball when he's 2 feet passed the line of scrimmage? I dont think so. Big Ben will continue to play with that kind of advantage.

Same way Zeke helped the Dallas defense in 2016. Better run game = more time of possesion = less time for the defense to be on the field.

Athletic QBs like Dobbs make a difference in the run game. Because Dobbs has the ability to keep the ball on a handoff and run the bootleg, the weak side defensive end has to hesistate and come crashing into the hole to stop the run game. This gives the offensive line one less man to block and gives the running back more room to run. Athletic QBs make this sort of difference in the run game. And then you have Dobbs ability to run it himself on third and short giving the team the ability to sustain more drives.

I guarantee you that when Dobbs plays the Steelers run game and defense will improve. And that will result in more wins.

Big Ben is right now an anvil around the neck of the Steelers and he's keeping them down.

Roethlisberger was 39/60, with 3 TDs and 0 interceptions. Steelers had the ball on offense for 32 minutes compared to KC's 28, was that not good enough to help the defense play better?

You still haven't explained how Dobbs' mere presence on the field would have stopped KC from scoring points, or helped the defense in actually stopping them.

Apparently 1 player can make that big of a difference if the Steelers are the worst team in the NFL with Big Ben and Super Bowl champs with Dobbs

The Steelers have a lot of talent. Big Ben is simply holding them back. Dobbs would get them to play up to their potential.

What I meant was nobody can turn a team like Buffalo around that has so many holes.

Roethlisberger was 39/60, with 3 TDs and 0 interceptions. Steelers had the ball on offense for 32 minutes compared to KC's 28, was that not good enough to help the defense play better?

You still haven't explained how Dobbs' mere presence on the field would have stopped KC from scoring points, or helped the defense in actually stopping them.

I already did. Maybe you need to improve your reading comprehension skills. But just for you, I'll repeat myself.

Because Dobbs is not a prima donna like Big Ben, the team will play harder for him. Teams take on the personality of their leader. Big Ben is a drama queen and the rest of the Steelers have followed suit. Dobbs on the other hand is humble, hard working, and a team guy.

Just as the Buccaneers have rallied around Ryan Fitzpatrick and played better because he isn't a drama queen like Jameis Winston, the Steelers would do the same with Dobbs. The team doesn't like Big Ben while they love Dobbs. They will play harder and better with Dobbs as the starter than with Big Ben.

I already did. Maybe you need to improve your reading comprehension skills. But just for you, I'll repeat myself.

Because Dobbs is not a prima donna like Big Ben, the team will play harder for him. Teams take on the personality of their leader. Big Ben is a drama queen and the rest of the Steelers have followed suit. Dobbs on the other hand is humble, hard working, and a team guy.

Just as the Buccaneers have rallied around Ryan Fitzpatrick and played better because he isn't a drama queen like Jameis Winston, the Steelers would do the same with Dobbs. The team doesn't like Big Ben while they love Dobbs. They will play harder and better with Dobbs as the starter than with Big Ben.

Saying something is "like" something else, is not an explanation.

Tell me how you think Dobbs playing against the Chiefs would have made a difference , given that Roethlisberger had 65% accuracy, 3 TDs 0 interceptions, and the Steelers' offense kept the ball for 32 minutes verses 28 for the Chiefs.

How would Dobbs playing have improved the Steelers defense's chances at stopping the Kansas City offense from scoring more points? You cannot cite other teams, or use other QB's performances as references, they are meaningless in the context of the discussion.

The outcome would have been different if Dobbs had played; the Steelers would have lost by at least 3 TDs.

Sutton gave up the Tying TD against Cleveland

Sutton was in position and made a good play. The WR just made a better play. No shame is getting beat on a play like that against a WR like Josh Gordon. Antonio Brown made a similar play against Denzel Ward earlier in that game and Ward also defended that play well.

Sometimes receivers make plays. They are getting paid too.

Have you watched the game at all?

Most of that was YAC by Vance McDonald, Antonio Brown, and JuJu.

Ben is lucky given how much talent he has surrounding him.

So. Hypothetically speaking, if by chance Dobbs did get in. Wouldn't that talent make him, since he would have all that talent surrounding him. (I already know what answer is coming).

VN Store

Back