Josh Dobbs (merged)

Lol, cause Ben throwing for almost 500 is the problem in that game. KC just had a bit more offense. Unless Dobbs can play DT and pressure Ben then there was nothing he could have changed.

Lol....I'm guessing a certain someone is saying if Dobbs had played, they would have won.

How did future star Conner do....17 yards on 8 carries; oh yeah, he's totally awesome isn't he!

Lol. Future first ballot HOFer just threw for 450 yards, 3 tds and no picks. Don’t think he’s getting pulled anytime soon.

Chiefs are awful defensively. Against a team with a decent defense the week before he had 5 turnovers and single-handedly gave the Browns a tie.

Big Ben is finished. Just watch as Dobbs takes his job this year when he gets his chance.

Chiefs are awful defensively. Against a team with a decent defense the week before he had 5 turnovers and single-handedly gave the Browns a tie.

Big Ben is finished. Just watch as Dobbs takes his job this year when he gets his chance.
The Chiefs aren't doing too well this year in pass defense as they have let up over 400 yards of passing each week thus far. But the fact that the Steelers did what they did on offense with no real running game working is counter to your point that Ben is "finished". The fact that the Steelers secondary can't stop a guy from tossing 6 TDs is more to why they lost yesterday than anything Ben did or didn't do. Dobbs will take Ben's job when he actually starts consistently making quality throws outside the numbers and consistently making quality reads. So far, even in preseason, that hasn't happened.

Yes. Josh Dobbs is way better than Big Ben right now. And when Dobbs gets his chance everyone will see it.

Only you could say with a straight face, that a QB who maintained a 65% completion rate on 60 attempts in a single game, with 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions, isn't as good as a guy who has never taken a snap in a regular season NFL game.

Only you could say with a straight face, that a QB who maintained a 65% completion rate on 60 attempts in a single game, with 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions, isn't as good as a guy who has never taken a snap in a regular season NFL game.

Chiefs are awful defensively. Stop using them as a barometer. A week earlier against a decent defense, Big Ben had 5 turnovers and only 1 TD.

The Browns exposed him as finished.

Chiefs are awful defensively. Stop using them as a barometer. A week earlier against a decent defense, Big Ben had 5 turnovers and only 1 TD.

The Browns exposed him as finished.

And Dobbs was 4/2 in three preseason games against scrubbs, and has never taken a snap in the regular season.

Pre-season stats suddenly more meaningful than regular season stats?

And Dobbs was 4/2 in three preseason games against scrubbs, and has never taken a snap in the regular season.

Pre-season stats suddenly more meaningful than regular season stats?

When did I say Dobbs preseason stats make him better?

I never use stats as the basis of my argument. I evaluate talent and tell you what I see.

Right now Josh Dobbs brings more to the team than Big Ben. His running ability will help the run game like it did at Tennessee. Teams will respect his ability to run thus giving James Conner more room to run. Better run game means more possesion which means less time for the defense to be on the field. Also Dobbs is better than Big Ben now when it comes to throwing the deep ball. Big Ben missed several shot plays down the field yesterday.

And most importantly, the team will rally around Dobbs because they like him more than Big Ben. Everyone knows Ben is a prima donna who is all about himself. You can tell his teammates don't like him. Look no further than Antonio Brown demanding to be traded today. Dobbs on the other hand is a no nonsense humble guy who just keeps his head down and works hard. If he ended up replacing Big Ben the team would rally around him like the o-line did for James Conner after the situation with Le'Veon Bell.

When did I say Dobbs preseason stats make him better?

I never use stats as the basis of my argument. I evaluate talent and tell you what I see.

Right now Josh Dobbs brings more to the team than Big Ben. His running ability will help the run game like it did at Tennessee. Teams will respect his ability to run thus giving James Conner more room to run. Better run game means more possesion which means less time for the defense to be on the field. Also Dobbs is better than Big Ben now when it comes to throwing the deep ball. Big Ben missed several shot plays down the field yesterday.

And most importantly, the team will rally around Dobbs because they like him more than Big Ben. Everyone knows Ben is a prima donna who is all about himself. You can tell his teammates don't like him. Look no further than Antonio Brown demanding to be traded today. Dobbs on the other hand is a no nonsense humble guy who just keeps his head down and works hard. If he ended up replacing Big Ben the team would rally around him like the o-line did for James Conner after the situation with Le'Veon Bell.

So stats are only acceptable for use when trying to promote the ludicrous idea that Roethlisberger is a bad QB?

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
So the fact the Steelers D is in the bottom 10 in ypg allowed and bottom half in ypp allowed doesn't matter, right?

Thank you for proving my point. If Dobbs is the starter, the defense would be better.

Dobbs would improve the run game because he's a threat to run which means more time of possesion for the offense which means less time on the field for the defense. Also the team likes Dobbs more cause he ain't a prima donna like Big Ben which means they'll play harder for him. Also there would be less drama with Dobbs than Big Ben which means more focus on the games and more wins.

Dobbs is the only answer to the Steelers problems.

Thank you for proving my point. If Dobbs is the starter, the defense would be better.

Dobbs would improve the run game because he's a threat to run which means more time of possesion for the offense which means less time on the field for the defense. Also the team likes Dobbs more cause he ain't a prima donna like Big Ben which means they'll play harder for him. Also there would be less drama with Dobbs than Big Ben which means more focus on the games and more wins.

I've no more proven your point than you have. You are making an enormous assumption and extrapolating it to your desired outcome. Worse, you throw in a nice helping of TMZ-style opinion and, just to go ahead and say it, insult a locker room full of professional players that apparently (to hear you say it) can't stop acting like petty high school kids.

The demonstrable fact in play is that the defense is doing rather poorly. This does, has and always makes things harder for a team to win games.

FWIW we all recognize you're in full quadruple down mode so such self-indulgent histrionics are to be expected.

Funny thing is deep down I hope you're right. I've much more investment in pulling for Dobbs than Roethlisberger regardless of any of your shenanigans.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
So the fact the Steelers D is in the bottom 10 in ypg allowed and bottom half in ypp allowed doesn't matter, right?

Of course not. Not having the best RB in football doesnt matter either. Basically, according to D4H, Dobbs could be put on any NFL roster and take them to a Super Bowl win.

How does Dobbs playing make the Steelers' defense play better? Is he going to play LB as well as QB?

giphy.gif

Reactions: LittleCat
How does Dobbs playing make the Steelers' defense play better? Is he going to play LB as well as QB?

giphy.gif

Same way Zeke helped the Dallas defense in 2016. Better run game = more time of possesion = less time for the defense to be on the field.

Athletic QBs like Dobbs make a difference in the run game. Because Dobbs has the ability to keep the ball on a handoff and run the bootleg, the weak side defensive end has to hesistate and come crashing into the hole to stop the run game. This gives the offensive line one less man to block and gives the running back more room to run. Athletic QBs make this sort of difference in the run game. And then you have Dobbs ability to run it himself on third and short giving the team the ability to sustain more drives.

I guarantee you that when Dobbs plays the Steelers run game and defense will improve. And that will result in more wins.

Big Ben is right now an anvil around the neck of the Steelers and he's keeping them down.

Of course not. Not having the best RB in football doesnt matter either. Basically, according to D4H, Dobbs could be put on any NFL roster and take them to a Super Bowl win.

Never said that. Dobbs is great but no single NFL player can make that difference.

What Dobbs can do however is take a decently talented team like the Steelers to the next level.

Same way Zeke helped the Dallas defense in 2016. Better run game = more time of possesion = less time for the defense to be on the field.

Athletic QBs like Dobbs make a difference in the run game. Because Dobbs has the ability to keep the ball on a handoff and run the bootleg, the weak side defensive end has to hesistate and come crashing into the hole to stop the run game. This gives the offensive line one less man to block and gives the running back more room to run. Athletic QBs make this sort of difference in the run game. And then you have Dobbs ability to run it himself on third and short giving the team the ability to sustain more drives.

I guarantee you that when Dobbs plays the Steelers run game and defense will improve. And that will result in more wins.

Big Ben is right now an anvil around the neck of the Steelers and he's keeping them down.

Why didn't the future hall of famer in Cam Sutton help the defense more yesterday.

VN Store

Back