Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson are CLEARLY the 2 best QBs in the 2018 NFL Draft

Mayfield’s accuracy was so impressive the last 2 years I feel like he will figure it out and in the right situation become a good pro

Last edited:
Logan Woodside will be steal of the draft among qb's......jmo

Mayfield’s accuracy was so impressive the last 2 years I feel like he will figure it out and in the right situation become a good pro

Mayfield never made NFL throws. He was typically throwing screens, go routes, or into wide open areas with receivers running open.

His game tape was actually painful to watch given the lack of NFL relevance. I caught myself asking when is he gonna do something he's gonna be asked to do in the NFL.

I personally didn't see much in the way of NFL throws to know if he's accurate or not. Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson have shown me a lot more as passers with NFL throws on their college tape than Baker Mayfield.

First off, you don’t have a point. Secondly, all you ever talk about is talent, talent, talent, blah, blah, blah.....and playing QB isn’t about who’s the most talented, it’s about who can prove he can play the position, especially while under pressure, and especially while on the biggest stages. It Watson last year and it’s Mayfield this year.

If this was golf or tennis I would agree with you. But football is a team sport. Mayfield and Watson played on great teams with great coaches and talented teammates. That's the only reason they were in those positions to have success in college. When trying to project players from college to the NFL, you have to separate the team success from the player. What talent evaluators focus on are the TRAITS. And whether those skills will translate to the NFL.

Nothing Baker Mayfield did at Oklahoma has any relevance to the NFL. This is why I'll be very honest and say he's been a very tough evaluation. You're basically projecting everything when it comes to him. I just don't like taking a gamble on a guy who is short and not very athletic at the QB position if I don't see an NFL skill set when I watch his college tape.

Deshaun Watson's problem is durability as I've correctly pointed out.

Even taking into account the system he played in, his height, and all other 'negative' things associated with him, after much consideration I'd still draft Baker Mayfield first overall if I was the Cleveland Brown's.

Baker just has that super rare 'it' factor. After completing my own due diligence by submerging myself within articles on the matter, along with highlighting numerous comments & quotes from people in the know, I have gathered one conclusion. I've formed an extremely strong opinion that Mr. Mayfield can be thought of as a true leader amongst men (teammates) while on the field. The eye test alone when watching his games has always told me that.

I fail to put much stock at all into anything the naysayers say. I'm of the opinion that as things stand now, he is the best out of the four QBs considered to be the cream of the crop. Now due to Cleveland's lack of having a recent winning history while being a dumpster fire, along with seemingly a QB graveyard as well, Baker may never share similar success as the other three QB's. Afterall, players of certain football positions can only be as good as the team he's surrounded by. That comment is especially true when speaking of QB's. No other position is as reliant upon that as the men under center.

That's just my IMO & take on it all. I'm sure many on here will highly disagree however. And that's fair enough. Everybody is entitled to their very own opinions.

Last edited:
Mayfield never made NFL throws. He was typically throwing screens, go routes, or into wide open areas with receivers running open.

His game tape was actually painful to watch given the lack of NFL relevance. I caught myself asking when is he gonna do something he's gonna be asked to do in the NFL.

I personally didn't see much in the way of NFL throws to know if he's accurate or not. Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson have shown me a lot more as passers with NFL throws on their college tape than Baker Mayfield.
You’re love of Dobbs makes you’re opinion very hard to take serious

Dobbs played a lot of football for Tenn and never once did I see a Cam Newton type that could put the team on his shoulders

Matter fact speaking of Mayfield I remember that game against OU didn’t Dobbs throw the interception that lost the game lol

Reactions: 1 person
Even taking into account the system he played in, his height, and all other 'negative' things associated with him, after much consideration I'd still draft Baker Mayfield first overall if I was the Cleveland Brown's.

Baker just has that super rare 'it' factor. After completing my own due diligence by submerging myself within articles on the matter, along with highlighting numerous comments & quotes from people in the know, I have gathered one conclusion. I've formed an extremely strong opinion that Mr. Mayfield can be thought of as a true leader amongst men (teammates) while on the field. The eye test alone when watching his games has always told me that.

I fail to put much stock at all into anything the naysayers say. I'm of the opinion that as things stand now, he is the best out of the four QBs considered to be the cream of the crop. Now due to Cleveland's lack of having a recent winning history while being a dumpster fire, along with seemingly a QB graveyard as well, Baker may never share similar success as the other three QB's. Afterall, players of certain football positions can only be as good as the team he's surrounded by. That comment is especially true when speaking of QB's. No other position is as reliant upon that as the men under center.

That's just my IMO & take on it all. I'm sure many on here will highly disagree however. And that's fair enough. Everybody is entitled to their very own opinions.

I'll give you that he has an "it" factor. He's confident. He's got moxie. However, I also think he's egocentric, into himself, and in love with celebrity. He's not the destructive partier Johnny Manziel was. But he has elements of his character that could limit his success in the NFL.

Like I said in my original post in this thread, the best NFL QBs tend to be the nerdy type. The Russell Wilson/Peyton Manning type that are consumed with football and the work that needs to go into it off the field and in the film room. I think Baker Mayfield will be more interested in going to basketball games in Los Angeles during the off-season than watching film to improve his game.

In terms of intangibles, I'm taking Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Sam Darnold, and even Josh Rosen over him.

Baker Mayfield's intangibles are one of the reasons I'm scared to draft him in the 1st round.

Last edited:
I'll give you that he has an "it" factor. He's confident. He's for moxie. However, I also think he's egocentric, into himself, and in love with celebrity. He's not the destructive partier Johnny Manziel was. But he has elements of his character that could limit his success in the NFL.

Like I said in my original post in this thread, the best NFL QBs tend to be the nerdy type. The Russell Wilson/Peyton Manning type that are consumed with football and the work that needs to go into it off the field and in the film room. I think Baker Mayfield will be more interested in going to basketball games in Los Angeles during the off-season than watching film to improve his game.

In terms of intangibles, I'm taking Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Sam Darnold, and even Josh Rosen over him.

Baker Mayfield's intangibles are one of the reasons I'm scared to draft him in the 1st round.

If these are negative traits, why should we take anything you say seriously?

You’re love of Dobbs makes you’re opinion very hard to take serious

Dobbs played a lot of football for Tenn and never once did I see a Cam Newton type that could put the team on his shoulders

Matter fact speaking of Mayfield I remember that game against OU didn’t Dobbs throw the interception that lost the game lol

You've got to be kidding me? This past season should be evidence of how much Josh Dobbs meant to Tennessee. In 2016, Tennessee went 9-4 while having a record breaking offense (set the school record for points in a season) that led the SEC in offensive TDs scored.

In 2017, Tennessee has the worst season in program history with a 4-8 record (0-8 in the SEC) while also being at the bottom on the conference in almost every offensive category.

Tennessee's defense was awful both seasons. Tennessee also suffered massive injuries both years. The only reason the 2016 Vols won 5 more games than the 2017 Vols was Josh Dobbs. As a Florida fan you should know well what Josh Dobbs meant to Tennessee. He single-handedly beat your talented defense in 2016.

Josh Dobbs carried Tennessee on his back. He's the only reason Butch Jones wasn't fired sooner. Without Josh Dobbs, Tennessee doesn't make a bowl game in 2014, 2015, and 2016. He was worth about 5 wins a season by himself.

I'll give you that he has an "it" factor. He's confident. He's got moxie. However, I also think he's egocentric, into himself, and in love with celebrity. He's not the destructive partier Johnny Manziel was. But he has elements of his character that could limit his success in the NFL.

Ever met the kid in person?

Because I have...

Still want to continue your idiocy?

You've got to be kidding me? This past season should be evidence of how much Josh Dobbs meant to Tennessee. In 2016, Tennessee went 9-4 while having a record breaking offense (set the school record for points in a season) that led the SEC in offensive TDs scored.

In 2017, Tennessee has the worst season in program history with a 4-8 record (0-8 in the SEC) while also being at the bottom on the conference in almost every offensive category.

Tennessee's defense was awful both seasons. Tennessee also suffered massive injuries both years. The only reason the 2016 Vols won 5 more games than the 2017 Vols was Josh Dobbs. As a Florida fan you should know well what Josh Dobbs meant to Tennessee. He single-handedly beat your talented defense in 2016.

Josh Dobbs carried Tennessee on his back. He's the only reason Butch Jones wasn't fired sooner. Without Josh Dobbs, Tennessee doesn't make a bowl game in 2014, 2015, and 2016. He was worth about 5 wins a season by himself.
Yea none of that is very impressive to me but I guess that’s what makes him so amazing in your eyes he lifted a average team to 9 wins? Both seasons he had the east in his hand for the taking and neither time could he beat SC or Vandy to clinch it

Johnny Manziel did exactly what you just described for A&M and Sumlin only he did it at a much higher level and had far more big time wins

Hell the team Cam won the title with was pretty damn average too but he carried his team and ****ty first year head coach to a title while Dobbs carried his to 8 or 9 wins not exactly the same

I mean really if beating UF and then failing to win the east is the best thing Dobbs did as a Vol then I just don’t see it. Where are the big wins?

Last edited:
Ever met the kid in person?

Because I have...

Still want to continue your idiocy?

I don't need to meet him. His eyes tell me everything I need to know about his personality. As they say they are the gateway to our souls.

I can tell what type of person someone is just by looking at them.

Yea none of that is very impressive to me but I guess that’s what makes him so amazing in your eyes he lifted a average team to 9 wins? Both seasons he had the east in his hand for the taking and neither time could he beat SC or Vandy to clinch it

Johnny Manziel did exactly what you just described for A&M and Sumlin only he did it at a much higher level and had far more big time wins

Hell the team Cam won the title with was pretty damn average too but he carried his team and ****ty first year head coach to a title while Dobbs carried his to 8 or 9 wins not exactly the same

I mean really if beating UF and then failing to win the east is the best thing Dobbs did as a Vol then I just don’t see it. Where are the big wins?

9 wins with Butch Jones as your head coach is equivalent to winning national title with anyone else.

Josh Dobbs dealt with unprecedented ineptitude from his head coach and offensive line. What he accomplished with those forces going against him was nothing short of remarkable.

Last edited:
True, but you said he needs to bulk up.

He’s much stouter than either Darnold, Jackson, or Rosen

he wont be playing against Big 12 defenses either - Jackson could use more bulk too - I would say Darnold and Allen are the 2 most NFL fit QBs right now

I don't need to meet him. His eyes tell me everything I need to know about his personality. As they say they are the gateway to our souls.

I can tell what type of person someone is just by looking at them.

No, you're making **** up off 15 second spots you've seen on Sports Center and trying to sound more intelligent than you are.

Guess that Duke education is paying off. Yeah, no, never mind.

Anyway, I have met him and interacted with him in situations off the field. So, until you actually do meet him in person, kindly shut the **** up about what you think you know.

No, you're making **** up off 15 second spots you've seen on Sports Center and trying to sound more intelligent than you are.

Guess that Duke education is paying off. Yeah, no, never mind.

Anyway, I have met him and interacted with him in situations off the field. So, until you actually do meet him in person, kindly shut the **** up about what you think you know.

Lol again...

Attachments

• d4.jpg
    d4.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back