Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson are CLEARLY the 2 best QBs in the 2018 NFL Draft

I don't make my name on predicting awards. I make it based on assessing TALENT. And my record is still elite when it comes to assessing TALENT. I never said Kamara would win Rookie of the Year. But I did say he was the #1 RB in the 2017 NFL Draft and the next Marshall Faulk. And he's proven me right thus far.

Also before you start claiming I was wrong about Dobbs, Davis, and Kaaya as talents, just remember it takes QBs and WRs longer to break out in the NFL than RBs. Just look up Antonio Brown, Tom Brady, and Aaron Rodgers numbers as rookies. Very unimpressive. Especially Antonio Brown who got plenty of playing time.

QB and WR are positions that players break out at age 25 rather than age 22 or 23 as is the case for RBs.

I'm still standing by my assesment of Josh Dobbs, Corey Davis, and Brad Kaaya. Dobbs will be a future Hall of Fame QB. Corey Davis will be the best WR in the NFL over the next 10 years. And Brad Kaaya will be a solid Matt Ryan level QB in the NFL.

Lol...

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: 15 people
Whoever takes Mayfield is getting the best qb out of this draft class. Not the most physically talented, but the BEST QB.

I love how predictable you are. You just go with whoever has the most hype or success in college. Its almost like you don't learn anything from the past. In the past 20 years how many Heisman winners have had big time NFL success? I count only 3. Cam Newton (2010), Carson Palmer (2002), and Ricky Williams (1998). And in Ricky Williams case, he wasn't even the best RB from his draft class. Edgerrin James had more success in the NFL.

Going with the guy who had the best college career is typically not wise when forecasting NFL success. The best NFL players tend to be like Alvin Kamara. They have elite talent but because of the coaching staff they play for or the teammates around them they don't have the individual or team success their talent warrants. However, when they reach the NFL where talent is more even across teams, they tend to shine.

Baker Mayfield played in an air raid offense where receivers were always running open on a team that had far more talent than their opponents nearly every game. Watch as Oklahoma doesn't miss a beat next year without him. Kyler Murray is a very similar player with arguably more physical talent given his 5-star rating coming out of high school.

Reactions: 2 people
Sam held a private practice in the rain and the first thing I heard was:

“He didn’t show me anything I needed to see”

He won't get past New Orleans at 27. Apparently Sean Payton likes him a lot and they need a successor to Drew Brees. He's older than Big Ben.

And way healthier...got many more years. Saints more than likely to take a shot in later rounds for someone to develop. No matter. Tomlin seems enamored with Mason Rudolph, who fits the Pittsburgh scheme much better than the Lamar Jackson type QB.

If I had to combine the last 2 QB classes I would rank them in this order:

1. Josh Dobbs
2. Josh Allen
3. Lamar Jackson
4. Sam Darnold
5. Patrick Mahomes
6. Josh Rosen
7. Brad Kaaya
8. Mitch Trubisky
9. Deshaun Watson*
10. Baker Mayfield

*Watson is that low because of his injury prone nature. As a pure talent he would be #5 on the list after Darnold and before Mahomes.
Lol Watson and Mayfield at the bottom

Wow

Reactions: 1 person
I’m a believer in Mayfield. Best thing people can do is write him off, it’s happened his whole life

Agree. Don’t give me the guy who you think may be good because he can really spin it in 7 on 7, but who showed weaknesses, sometimes ultimately fatal weaknesses on game day. Give me the guy who’s done it, who’s been elite at the highest level on the biggest stages. Watson was that guy last year, and Mayfield is that guy this year imho.

I’m almost convinced that despite what we saw of their careers, what is now documented history, that there are scouts and GMs even today who would take Jeff George and Ryan Leaf over Joe Montana and Tom Brady because they were stronger athletes and had bigger arms.

Last edited:
Lol Watson and Mayfield at the bottom

Wow

If you literally flip that list inside down you might have something worth discussing...and even then it still blows unless you guys like Kaaya completely out of there.

Last edited:
If you literally flip that list inside down you might have something worth discussing...and even then it still blows unless you guys like Kaaya completely out of there.

And missing Mason Rudolph.

That dude is the sleeper in this draft.

Didn't I tell you exactly what would happen to Deshaun Watson? He had a hot start then tore his ACL. He's injury prone like I said. Just watch him not live up to expectations this year.

You need to stop relying on college stats so much. That's how you made messed up saying Leonard Fournette was better than Alvin Kamara.

I told you Kamara was the best and Watson would get hurt. I was right. You were wrong. Live with it.

This is getting so old. Any time someone disagrees with you or thinks you're wrong you say, "but Kamara. I was right about Kamara."

We get it. Blind squirrels still find nuts every now and then. You were right about literally 1 out of 100 predictions. Just stop.

Reactions: 2 people
Only read your title, knew the rest was complete BS. The best QB in this year’s draft, hands down, is Baker Mayfield. Like Deshaun Watson before him, he was the most productive QB on the biggest stages in his college career....everybody is overthinking this, trying to project guys rather than actually looking at their on-field play.....again. Mayfield will prove to be the best NFL QB from this draft class imo.

Btw, how’s Kevin Hogan’s pro career shaping up these days?

“Production” is what made people think Tebow and Manziel were good. It’s not usually that simple.

You seem to not understand sarcasm. That's called a joke genius.

I'm by far Dobbs biggest defender on this site. My record is clear.

All that’s clear is that you spend far too much time staringly longingly into the eyes of Alvin Kamara.

Lamar Jackson isn’t even considered a QB by some NFL Scouts, let along even the best QB in college.

Mayfield is the best QB in this years upcoming draft.

Don’t be ridiculous.

“Production” is what made people think Tebow and Manziel were good. It’s not usually that simple.

Mayfield’s accuracy is unreal (completed 70+% of his passes over the last 2 seasons while averaging an NCAA record 11+ yards per attempt), he was by the far the best quarterback vs pass rush and pressure, not even close. He won a ton of games (34-6), took his team to multiple playoff appearances.

I get your point and examples, I do. But everyone knew Tebow was a fullback in a college read option offense with throwing mechanics issues....not the case with Mayfield. As far as Manziel, he was a smallish college QB with substance abuse issues, no way to forecast he was gonna lose his mind once he got to the NFL. Its very unlikely Mayfield follows in those footsteps.

All that said, if you’re asking me who projects as the best QB in this class based on what we’ve seen of each on the field, it’s not even close imo. It’s certainly an inexact science, but at this point, give me Mayfield all day.

Last edited:
Agree. Don’t give me the guy who you think may be good because he can really spin it in 7 on 7, but who showed weaknesses, sometimes ultimately fatal weaknesses on game day. Give me the guy who’s done it, who’s been elite at the highest level on the biggest stages. Watson was that guy last year, and Mayfield is that guy this year imho.

I’m almost convinced that despite what we saw of their careers, what is now documented history, that there are scouts and GMs even today who would take Jeff George and Ryan Leaf over Joe Montana and Tom Brady because they were stronger athletes and had bigger arms.

Joe Montana and Tom Brady were not the biggest stars in college. You just proved my point right here.

The biggest college stars are rarely the best in the NFL. The college stars typically end up underachieving in the NFL.

The biggest NFL stars are like Kamara. They're overlooked.

Mayfield’s accuracy is unreal (completed 70+% of his passes over the last 2 seasons while averaging an NCAA record 11+ yards per attempt), he was by the far the best quarterback vs pass rush and pressure, not even close. He won a ton of games (34-6), took his team to multiple playoff appearances.

I get your point and examples, I do. But everyone knew Tebow was a fullback in a college read option offense with throwing mechanics issues....not the case with Mayfield. As far as Manziel, he was a smallish college QB with substance abuse issues, no way to forecast he was gonna lose his mind once he got to the NFL. Its very unlikely Mayfield follows in those footsteps.

All that said, if you’re asking me who projects as the best QB in this class based on what we’ve seen of each on the field, it’s not even close imo. It’s certainly an inexact science, but at this point, give me Mayfield all day.

When will you realize college stats have no correlation to NFL success?

Mayfield put up those numbers because he played in an air raid offense at Oklahoma versus inferior Big 12 competition every week. His teammates were almost always more talented than those of his opponents. His offensive line kept pass rushers off him. And his offensive genius of a head coach was scheming guys open for him every play.

I've honestly studied a lot of tape on Mayfield. I wanted to like him. But watching his tape was honestly PAINFUL. Nothing he did at Oklahoma correlated in any way to what he'll be asked to do in the NFL. That Oklahoma offense had no NFL principles built into it. And outside of that second half against Georgia, Mayfield faced little to no adversity last year in terms of pass rush. When he did get some pressure he looked lost.

You need to realize the tape is more important than the box score.

Joe Montana and Tom Brady were not the biggest stars in college. You just proved my point right here.

The biggest college stars are rarely the best in the NFL. The college stars typically end up underachieving in the NFL.

The biggest NFL stars are like Kamara. They're overlooked.

First off, you don’t have a point. Secondly, all you ever talk about is talent, talent, talent, blah, blah, blah.....and playing QB isn’t about who’s the most talented, it’s about who can prove he can play the position, especially while under pressure, and especially while on the biggest stages. It Watson last year and it’s Mayfield this year.

VN Store

Back