Jordan Matthews' Record...

utvols95

Because I like quality football (and UT football) I hadn't seen much of Jordan Matthews until Saturday night. I think he is a great receiver, but does anyone else think his SEC record for receptions is a little suspect. Almost all of his catches are him just standing at the line of scrimmage and the quarterback throwing it to him right away... Thoughts?

not many decent receivers are good enough to start from the beginning (like he has at vandy) and stay for 4 full years.

He has a career YPC of 14.3 yards..........

And if this was the first time you have seen him play, how could you possibly say that almost all of his catches are behind the LOS?

Reactions: 14 people
All I thought was, "How in the world can you just let the leading receiver in SEC history run wide open across the middle," and, "How in the world do you let the leading receiver in SEC history run wide open down the sideline while laying back in a weak zone with the game on the line."

Reactions: 1 person
He has a career YPC of 14.3 yards..........

And if this was the first time you have seen him play, how could you possibly say that almost all of his catches are behind the LOS?

I know that Vandy does a lot of those quick WR screen plays (Never said it was the first time I'd seen him play). Like I said, I'm not questioning his abilities. As I was watching all those plays to Matthews, I just thought well it's easy to see how he has so many receptions.

They game planned it that way after seeing us get burned time after time this season. Why wouldn't you use it when you have one of the best receivers in the SEC.

My thought is that he dominated us...

As mad as i was that franklin took us to the woodshed again, i was more upset that florida lost to ga southern and we couldnt muster up a team to beat them this year. Oh and franklin beat both them and georgia this year. They say teams go through swings and im worried florida is on the downswing yet we havent experienced the upswing and cant capitalize

Because I like quality football (and UT football) I hadn't seen much of Jordan Matthews until Saturday night. I think he is a great receiver, but does anyone else think his SEC record for receptions is a little suspect. Almost all of his catches are him just standing at the line of scrimmage and the quarterback throwing it to him right away... Thoughts?

He is 100% legit. He catches the ball everywhere on the field.

My thought is that he dominated us...

As mad as i was that franklin took us to the woodshed again, i was more upset that florida lost to ga southern and we couldnt muster up a team to beat them this year. Oh and franklin beat both them and georgia this year. They say teams go through swings and im worried florida is on the downswing yet we havent experienced the upswing and cant capitalize

Last year we were taken to the woodshed by Franklin....this year he eeked out a win....and was fortunate to do so....he knows it too.

I know that Vandy does a lot of those quick WR screen plays (Never said it was the first time I'd seen him play). Like I said, I'm not questioning his abilities. As I was watching all those plays to Matthews, I just thought well it's easy to see how he has so many receptions.

No you said you hadn't seen him play much, so that's not much better.

Last year we were taken to the woodshed by Franklin....this year he eeked out a win....and was fortunate to do so....he knows it too.

What does that mean?

They won. End of story. Even after the 4th down, UT still had a chance to stop them and didn't.

Reactions: 2 people

He holds all the records so he must be the best in SEC history! He's also a cousin of Jerry Rice.

Matthews is a phenomenal WR. Great hands, runs good routes, and has a great passion for the game. He really shines when it means the most.

He puts Earl Bennett to shame. Gotta have respect for a player like Matthews.

Quit sucking up. Jordan Matthews is a Commodore, let's throw things at him, not compliment him

Matthews gets more balls thrown to him then just about any WR in the country. He is a good receiver but nowhere near the best in the SEC. He has just benefitted from starting 4 years and being basically the only offensive weapon Vandy has had.

Matthews gets more balls thrown to him then just about any WR in the country. He is a good receiver but nowhere near the best in the SEC. He has just benefitted from starting 4 years and being basically the only offensive weapon Vandy has had.

Just no with that post

What's real cool about it for him is that he was only a 2★ coming out of highschool and nobody wanted him. It just goes to show that the rating of these players can go either way. I just hate he broke the record on us.

VN Store

Back