Jordan Matthews' Record...

He holds all the records so he must be the best in SEC history! He's also a cousin of Jerry Rice.

Wrong. The only major records he holds are receptions and yards. Stats are not the only thing to use for measuring greatness. Case Keenum owns all of the major passing records, so does that mean he is the best in NCAA history?

Ok prove me wrong. How is he better than Landry, Beckham Jr, Evans, Cooper, Norwood or Green-Beckham?

Route running, hands, locating the ball, football iq, strength, release, speed, vertical. He has all of these and he is double and triple teamed every play pretty much. If he played on a better offense his stats would be crazy

Reactions: 1 person
Route running, hands, locating the ball, football iq, strength, release, speed, vertical. He has all of these and he is double and triple teamed every play pretty much. If he played on a better offense his stats would be crazy

Yes he has those things but so do thos other receivers. He is good but nowhere close to the best in SEC history. He is it the best in the SEC right now.

You don't know he would excel in a better offense. Oh and BTW what you said is not proving me wrong.

He plays for Vandy....He's obviously terrible and just lucked into the record book.

My bet is James Franklin cooked the books.

:crazy:

He could have went pro early. He decided to say in school and get a degree from a top 20 university. NFL = not for long. I think he made the right choice.

That's good to know. There are some kids that choose to stay in school when the option to go pro is there. I wish there were more like him.

He's not terrible, he's very good but I agree that his reception total is absolutely inflated due to him playing 4 years for vandy without any other real offensive weapons to take away from his touches. How could it not be?

Jordan Matthews is the best WR in the conference, so no, I don't think his receptions record is suspect. Kid will be playing on Sundays for years to come...

He's not terrible, he's very good but I agree that his reception total is absolutely inflated due to him playing 4 years for vandy without any other real offensive weapons to take away from his touches. How could it not be?

His first 2 years Vandy had garbage QB's. He also had Chris Boyd on the other side for 2 years as well. Matthews exploded his junior and senior seasons!

VN Store

Back