Jones flips Foreman from Vandy to Vols!!!

Let's just go ahead and tell him we don't need him until he gets a better offer list and stars before he can come to UT :eek:hmy:

I watched him play against Maryville in the state playoffs and he pretty much kept them in the game by himself. I dont know how many times it was third and long or even fourth and long and he used his speed to pick up the first down. He is an excellent corner/safety and was DB's leading receiver until they moved him to Quarterback because of an injury. He was there ko and punt returner too. The other corner Devaun Swafford looked pretty good as well. I think Swafford is going to Wofford.

Reactions: 2 people
They still "currently" have a top 15 class! While this is good if he does flip to Tennessee as long as Franklin is a Vandy they will have top 20 recruiting classes and be a force in the East.

This ain't the Vandy we are used to. Its time a lot of us start seeing that. They have committed a lot of money for football facility and program upgrades.

You might want to wait until tomorrow to see if their class is still in the top 15. Often, Rivals updates the lists of commitments (in this case removes one) before they update their rankings. I find it unlikely that they lose a player and their ranking remains EXACTLY the same as before.

You might want to wait until tomorrow to see if their class is still in the top 15. Often, Rivals updates the lists of commitments (in this case removes one) before they update their rankings. I find it unlikely that they lose a player and their ranking remains EXACTLY the same as before.

He's not highly rated. It wont drop much at all. Not bashing the kid just talking about the system.

They still "currently" have a top 15 class! While this is good if he does flip to Tennessee as long as Franklin is a Vandy they will have top 20 recruiting classes and be a force in the East.

This ain't the Vandy we are used to. Its time a lot of us start seeing that. They have committed a lot of money for football facility and program upgrades.

You do realize Vandy and Franklin had ZERO wins over teams with a winning record this season, right? Thats right, zilch!!Franklin may be a good coach but its still VANDY and they will ALWAYS be our little brother.

Reactions: 3 people
a few that did....

peyton manning
jamal lewis
eric berry

in conclusion, 5 star guys suck

More recently

Janzen Jackson
Cordarelle Patterson
Bryce Brown
Da'Rick Rogers

All of these guys could play, even if Brown basically skipped college and now plays for the Philadelphia Eagles.

It's not like there is any validity to the argument.

All the top programs battle it out with vandy for recruits

Im with u.... n good to see that fans of other teams understand that you shouldn't be battling with vandy for football recruits... The problem we have is that ut spirit has been broken n now accept 3 star recruits as the savior to our program..

In today's world of cfb how many 170 lb CB do u see starting for top programs?????? Maybe a special teams player at best..

Coach Jones is going after speed! That is what we are missing. We might not finish in the top 20 in recruiting and still have a very good year because we get our needs.

Our needs:

Speed at Lb, CB, Rush End

RB's, WR's, & TE

Guys, its pretty simple. This guy is one of the better players in the state, so its a no brainer that we welcome him with open arms. This is how you create relationships for future instate players that may be more highly rated. Its called building a pipeline. IMO we should go after the top 10 or 15 players in the state every year regardless of their star rating. Chances are we would only land 4-8 of them anyway. Apparently Butch Jones was serious about building a fence around Tennessee, so you guys better get used to it. Its a good thing, like it or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Im with u.... n good to see that fans of other teams understand that you shouldn't be battling with vandy for football recruits... The problem we have is that ut spirit has been broken n now accept 3 star recruits as the savior to our program..

In today's world of cfb how many 170 lb CB do u see starting for top programs?????? Maybe a special teams player at best..

I would suggest that you find another team to support---Bama needs more fans like you ace.
This kid will not play at 170.
And have you seen him play? I didnt think so.
He is definitely SEC material.

Reactions: 4 people
Guys, its pretty simple. This guy is one of the better players in the state, so its a no brainer that we welcome him with open arms. This is how you create relationships for future instate players that may be more highly rated. Its called building a pipeline. IMO we should go after the top 10 or 15 players in the state every year regardless of their star rating. Chances are we would only land 4-8 of them anyway. Apparently Butch Jones was serious about building a fence around Tennessee, so you guys better get used to it.

Dont try to make sense to the LOM branch of Volville.
They would ***** about the free beer being Michelob Ultra instead of Bud Lite.......

Just read the article from Mr SEC where he said he called James Franklin to inform him that he changed his mind.......I sure wish I could have listened in on that conversation. I bet it was priceless.

More recently

Janzen Jackson
Cordarelle Patterson
Bryce Brown
Da'Rick Rogers

All of these guys could play, even if Brown basically skipped college and now plays for the Philadelphia Eagles.

That's 3 players that were off the team before their junior years and a one year wonder. Not exactly program builders there.

Reactions: 1 person
Seen DB this year against Science Hill and Foreman and Swafford were awesome. They both carried DB all year to a undefeated regular season.

I Saw Foreman when he played against Maryville in the playoffs. I was wishing he wasn't going to Vandy, so I think this is a good thing.

Reactions: 5 people
Guys, its pretty simple. This guy is one of the better players in the state, so its a no brainer that we welcome him with open arms. This is how you create relationships for future instate players that may be more highly rated. Its called building a pipeline. IMO we should go after the top 10 or 15 players in the state every year regardless of their star rating. Chances are we would only land 4-8 of them anyway. Apparently Butch Jones was serious about building a fence around Tennessee, so you guys better get used to it. Its a good thing, like it or not.
No you do not go after them just because they are from your home state. If you don't think they can help you, you don't go after them. I don't care if they live within walking distance of neyland stadium. You offer guys that you think can help.

This is not towards any player, just to your comment that we should go after the top 15 in the state regardless.

Foreman: 5.6 Rivals 3* with 4.4 speed.

Belue: Current starting CB for Bama - Rivals 5.6 3* with 4.45 speed

If they can play, they can play. I love getting Tennessee boys.

Reactions: 6 people
No you do not go after them just because they are from your home state. If you don't think they can help you, you don't go after them. I don't care if they live within walking distance of neyland stadium. You offer guys that you think can help.

This is not towards any player, just to your comment that we should go after the top 15 in the state regardless.

The top 15 players in the state of Tennessee can help us. There a very, very few years when the 15th ranked player in the state isnt good enough to play in the SEC especially when they become juniors and seniors. They may only end up being solid special teams players but the last time I checked ...special teams count too. JMO

Last edited:

VN Store

Back