Jon Gruden thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Haslams just spent $1 billion on the Browns and they aren't even fans of that team. They like the Vols! I bet they would spend $2 billion on us!

Id be cool with raising taxes for the money needed when the time arises.

Gov. Haslam could raise taxes on all Bama fans in Tn to make up the difference.

Reactions: 2 people
To buy out all the existing contracts, get Gruden to a $10-12 million range plus $3 million for new staff....probably would take $20 million to get all that started.

No biggie. Haslams has that much in his right pocket right now....walking around type money for him

The figure was not really my question but more so why they need that all up front. (or in a 20 mil. dollar check)

I like the way you are thinking!

Throw in the rest of the SEC banwangon fans and the yankee transplants. (ND and Mich types)

He could then cut taxes on the "true" Vol fans where donations could pick up the rest of the slack.

Lord have mercy that is straight liberal wealth distribution if I have ever seen it. I could look the other way in this case tho.

Throw in the rest of the SEC banwangon fans and the yankee transplants. (ND and Mich types)

He could then cut taxes on the "true" Vol fans where donations could pick up the rest of the slack.

Lord have mercy that is straight liberal wealth distribution if I have ever seen it. I could look the other way in this case tho.

Heck yeah!

Haslams just bought a NFL team for long term investment and is was LOTS of $$$$$$$$ they just forked over.

$20 Million is a reasonable number when you consider everything.

CDD buyout.

CDD staff buyout.

BIG $$$ for a proven, big name, winning coach of around $5 Million per year.

BIG $$$ for the entire new coaching staff which WILL cost alot more than our current coaching staff.

More $$$ to go all around the country for ALL the new coaches to re-recruit our current commits and to try and recruit any other kids they really want to go after for their 1st recruiting class.

Business AND college football oftentimes takes LOTS of $$$$ to make decent changes.

Gruden still isn't going to leave a very easy job that makes BIG $$$ to coach in college and have to work his butt off and to go beg 17 year old kids to come to college and play for him.

VFL...GBO!!!

Haslams just bought a NFL team for long term investment and is was LOTS of $$$$$$$$ they just forked over.

CDD buyout.

CDD staff buyout.

BIG $$$ for the entire new coaching staff which WILL cost alot more than our current coaching staff.

More $$$ to go all around the country for ALL the new coaches to re-recruit our current commits and to try and recruit any other kids they really want to go after for their 1st recruiting class.

Business AND college football oftentimes takes LOTS of $$$$ to make decent changes.

Gruden still isn't going to leave a very easy job that makes BIG $$$ to coach in college and have to work his butt off and to go beg 17 year old kids to come to college and play for him.

VFL...GBO!!!

You got to spend money to make money

Reactions: 4 people
If Tennessee were to hire Jon Gruden, could he guarantee the Vols a Super Bowl win? He's already one, why couldn't he do it again?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Reactions: 1 person
I may not have $4m for a buyout but can guarantee you if this season goes the way I think it is going to and ends 6-6 or god forbid 5-7 if they get demoralized enough to drop to Troy or Vandy someone will; or like I said before, they might as well turn about 1/3rd of Neyland into luxury student housing lol.

CDD buyout.

CDD staff buyout.

VFL...GBO!!!

They've already convinced themselves this is happening, best to just play along at this point.

Reactions: 2 people
They've already convinced themselves this is happening, best to just play along at this point.

I don't think we are convinced that Gruden is our next coach. I think a lot of us just enjoy watching some of you guys get your panties in a wad. The only people around here that are convinced of anything are the ones that blindly believe that Dooley has what it takes to be a winner. Considering he has done absolutely nothing to earn this faith, makes his followers look sad.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't think we are convinced that Gruden is our next coach. I think a lot of us just enjoy watching some of you guys get your panties in a wad. The only people around here that are convinced of anything are the ones that blindly believe that Dooley has what it takes to be a winner. Considering he has done absolutely nothing to earn this faith, makes his followers look sad.

BINGO :rock:

Buttons and T shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back