Jon Gruden thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of the big boosters already said they're NOT paying Millions of $$$ for another coaching staff buyout.

The real question here is...

Which of YOU dreamers are going to send AD Hart $20 Million or more to make your dream come true?

Without HUGE $$$$$ this is only a pipedream and isn't going to happen no matter how long you guys talk about it.

Step right up boys and put your name here if YOU are going to send $20 Million to AD Hart.

LOL.

VFL...GBO!!!

NegaGruden IMO.

why did the "big boosters" allow hamilton to put a multimillion buyout in dooley's contract?

That's actually an intelligent question my friend, for a change here on VN.

The answer is also very easy.

CDD was given a certain number of years GUARANTEED to have enough time to recruit his type of players and get them into the system for a 100% total rebuildinng job that was always expected to be at least 4 or 5 years so he could get 4 of HIS recruiting classes on campus and his 1st recruiting class to become Seniors.

To assure CDD and the recruits that CDD would be here at least that long the big buyout clause was put in the contract.

It was actually a smart move considering that our football program had been totally destroyed and every smart person could see that the odds of any good Wins for the first 3 years were minimal at best since we play in the SEC.

7 Wins this year and maybe even just 6 Wins and I still think CDD will be here next season because former AD Hamilton left our finances in the red and we were at least $4 Million in the red after last season even after AD Hart cut everyone and everything he could find to cut last year.

Now WHO of you will send AD Hart $20 Million or more for a coaching change?

VFL...GBO!!!

That's actually an intelligent question my friend, for a change here on VN.

The answer is also very easy.

CDD was given a certain number of years GUARANTEED to have enough time to recruit his type of players and get them into the system for a 100% total rebuildinng job that was always expected to be at least 4 or 5 years so he could get 4 of HIS recruiting classes on campus and his 1st recruiting class to become Seniors.

To assure CDD and the recruits that CDD would be here at least that long the big buyout clause was put in the contract.
It was actually a smart move considering that our football program had been totally destroyed and every smart person could see that the odds of any good Wins for the first 3 years were minimal at best since we play in the SEC.

7 Wins this year and maybe even just 6 Wins and I still think CDD will be here next season because former AD Hamilton left our finances in the red and we were at least $4 Million in the red after last season even after AD Hart cut everyone and everything he could find to cut last year.

Now WHO of you will send AD Hart $20 Million or more for a coaching change?

VFL...GBO!!!

1. How do you know he has been guaranteed so many years but then say its 4 or 5? Was that guarantee verbally given by Hamilton? I ask, because I doubt even Hamilton would put pen to paper on guaranteed years no matter the circumstance.

2. I highly doubt there is a recuit anywhere there knows how high Dooleys buyout is.

3. A high buyout is only good for those receiving it. And bad for those paying it.

4. I agree on Hamilton, he made several bad decisions.

If people want a coach to compete with Saban, Gruden and his ability to recruit and have an offense that would not put people to sleep in Neyland are currently unknown. If UT is willing to break the bank on the next coaching hire, Hire Saban. Give him 7 million a year on a 5 year contract with 10% stock in Pilot Oil and the stipulation he has to win a minimum of 8 games after year 1 and he has to fulfill the 5 year contract in order to obtain the stock.

IMO if Gruden was to be hired it would be by Jimmy Haslam for the Browns, not UT. I say if you are going to bring it, go get the #1 coach in college football. Hell it is not like we haven't raided his staff already, may as well go after the brains behind the operation and get Saban. At least by doing that you know what you are getting for your money.

If people want a coach to compete with Saban, Gruden and his ability to recruit and have an offense that would not put people to sleep in Neyland are currently unknown. If UT is willing to break the bank on the next coaching hire, Hire Saban. Give him 7 million a year on a 5 year contract with 10% stock in Pilot Oil and the stipulation he has to win a minimum of 8 games after year 1 and he has to fulfill the 5 year contract in order to obtain the stock.

IMO if Gruden was to be hired it would be by Jimmy Haslam for the Browns, not UT. I say if you are going to bring it, go get the #1 coach in college football. Hell it is not like we haven't raided his staff already, may as well go after the brains behind the operation and get Saban. At least by doing that you know what you are getting for your money.

Chip Kelly better than Nicky Saban

Getting Saban here is a bigger pipe dream than Gruden. Alabama would match any money offer Tennessee made. It's not happening.

While the question has been posed about Who's going to write that $20 mil check, I'll turn the tables. Who's going to write a check to cover the 20,000 empty seats each week. Call me a nega whatever but facts are facts. Attendance keeps going down for a reason.

Reactions: 2 people
While the question has been posed about Who's going to write that $20 mil check, I'll turn the tables. Who's going to write a check to cover the 20,000 empty seats each week. Call me a nega whatever but facts are facts. Attendance keeps going down for a reason.

The Haslams just spent $1 billion on the Browns and they aren't even fans of that team. They like the Vols! I bet they would spend $2 billion on us!

Reactions: 1 person

Interesting angle.

Im curious as to why we need a 20 mil. dollar check.

Yeah I'm wondering the same about that figure.

To buy out all the existing contracts, get Gruden to a $10-12 million range plus $3 million for new staff....probably would take $20 million to get all that started.

No biggie. Haslams has that much in his right pocket right now....walking around type money for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back