John Fulkerson - Redshirt?

I'll summarize it for you:

Me: Has Fulkerson played too much to be able to get another Freshman year?

Me: Nevermind, I researched it and he's within the NCAA's 30% rule.

Me: Wait a minute. The NCAA rules also say that the injury must be debilitating AND season ending.

Agitators: It doesn't matter. He gets his year back.

Me: But if his dislocated elbow heals quickly it's not necessarily a "season ending" injury.

Agitators: It doesn't matter. He just has to say it still hurts.

Me: But there are three months left. How long would dislocated elbows take to heal?

Agitators: It doesn't matter. If he doesn't play in another game he gets his freshman year do over.

Me: Then why does the NCAA even have it as a rule that the injury must be season ending?

Agitators: It doesn't matter.

Yes, that's an entrirely accurate and fair summary of how all that went.

Of course, you might want to point out agitators = pretty much literally everyone else who posts in this forum.

Reactions: 2 people
Just tell the NCAA that the Doctors gave his elbow a 1 year show-cause penalty. They will understand that.

I'll summarize it for you:

Me: Has Fulkerson played too much to be able to get another Freshman year?

Me: Nevermind, I researched it and he's within the NCAA's 30% rule.

Me: Wait a minute. The NCAA rules also say that the injury must be debilitating AND season ending.

Agitators: It doesn't matter. He gets his year back.

Me: But if his dislocated elbow heals quickly it's not necessarily a "season ending" injury.

Agitators: It doesn't matter. He just has to say it still hurts.

Me: But there are three months left. How long would dislocated elbows take to heal?

Agitators: It doesn't matter. If he doesn't play in another game he gets his freshman year do over.

Me: Then why does the NCAA even have it as a rule that the injury must be season ending?

Agitators: It doesn't matter.

Very accurate except like VSF says you could just replace the word "agitators" with the word "people" and it would work better.

Also, it went on like this for like 200 posts. This is a condensed version. But you pretty much nailed it....

1. TGO: But wait...

2. People: It doesn't matter.

Repeat this for a few days.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Very accurate except like VSF says you could just replace the word "agitators" with the word "people" and it would work better.

Also, it went on like this for like 200 posts. This is a condensed version. But you pretty much nailed it....

1. TGO: But wait...

2. People: It doesn't matter.

Repeat this for a few days.

But wait... the rule is that the injury must be season ending, not that the team had elected not to play him over the remainder of the season.

Discuss.

Yes, that's an entrirely accurate and fair summary of how all that went.

Of course, you might want to point out agitators = pretty much literally everyone else who posts in this forum.

I just realized that the majority of the few likes I have ever gotten, were when I made a snide or a negatively toned remark.

With that said, fire Rick, fire Butch, fire Holly, and I spearheaded the campaign when they fired Fulmer. Dobbs will never make it in the NFL, Barnett is overrated, Kamara road on Hurd's coat tails, and Guarantano couldn't hit a slow fat kid on a girls peewee flag football team. You people know nothing about football and are arrogant, self righteous pontificating, pedantic, pretentious ba@$@%!s. !!

There. Cleared my head. Feel better now. No offense.
Go Vols!!

Reactions: 1 person
How to Get a Medical Redshirt

"The injury must be incapacitating. That means it must be a season-ending injury."

Discuss.

I understand how the rule is written, so I suppose your answer then is that you're just being stubborn. There is a very clear gray area there as to the definition of "season ending", that's what you seem to be missing. If Jalen Johnson goes out and plays game 1 and this staff decided he wasn't gonna be a contributor this season, he would be approved for a medical redshirt, that simple. You can call it being deceitful or dishonest, but that is quite simply the nature of the beast.

When Maymon had his knee issues he was warming up pre game dunking the ball and warming up with his teammates, he had zero issue receiving the waiver.

Idk, usually the more threads about the same subject, the better chances we have.

I understand how the rule is written, so I suppose your answer then is that you're just being stubborn. There is a very clear gray area there as to the definition of "season ending", that's what you seem to be missing. If Jalen Johnson goes out and plays game 1 and this staff decided he wasn't gonna be a contributor this season, he would be approved for a medical redshirt, that simple. You can call it being deceitful or dishonest, but that is quite simply the nature of the beast.

When Maymon had his knee issues he was warming up pre game dunking the ball and warming up with his teammates, he had zero issue receiving the waiver.

Wasting your time.

He either doesn't want to understand or he's faking it.

Maymon didn't receive a waiver.

If Johnson plays one minute he'll lose his redshirt.

No, you two don't understand. Maymon took a redshirt. It wasn't a medical waiver. He played in no games at all that season

You seem to be the not understanding, it was indeed a medical redshirt, he had already used his redshirt when he transferred from Marquette to Tennessee.

You seem to be the not understanding, it was indeed a medical redshirt, he had already used his redshirt when he transferred from Marquette to Tennessee.

No. He just sat a year. He played fall at Marquette. Then sat out spring here and the next fall.

I just realized that the majority of the few likes I have ever gotten, were when I made a snide or a negatively toned remark.

With that said, fire Rick, fire Butch, fire Holly, and I spearheaded the campaign when they fired Fulmer. Dobbs will never make it in the NFL, Barnett is overrated, Kamara road on Hurd's coat tails, and Guarantano couldn't hit a slow fat kid on a girls peewee flag football team. You people know nothing about football and are arrogant, self righteous pontificating, pedantic, pretentious ba@$@%!s. !!

There. Cleared my head. Feel better now. No offense.
Go Vols!!

You forgot that you started the Bring back Butch petition.

Cam Tatum
Swiperboy

This guy is bizarre. TGO is turning into SD.

Hell Coach K said towards the end of the year last season Amile Jefferson could likely play if needed, but it was to the point where an extra season was more beneficial to the school...how much more obvious does it get?

He was in high school in 2009. He played for Marquette in 2009-10, TN in 2010-11, TN in 2011-12, redshirted in 2012-13, and TN in 2013-14. How is there a medical "redshirt" squeezed in there? If anything he received a medical waiver his freshman year at Marquette since he didn't sit out a year when he transferred to TN.

The year maymon sat out makes no difference. It could have been either a RS or medical. Had he gotten hurt again he could have gotten a 6th year is where it would have come into play.

That's right, there was some talk about him returning for a 6th year because of medical exception, got those mixed up.

Cam and Swiper are better examples. There's dozens in football that you could easily dig up. It's not gonna matter though. TGO has went full SD.

VN Store

Back