John Chavis close to big-money deal

Or 06 LSU or 2003 UGA (Hobnail Boot game, may have the year off) or 07 Bama.

I liked Chavis, I think he's a good DC and an even better DC when he has elite talent. I don't think he's a million dollar coordinator though.

I hated seeing third and long when he was here.

3rd and 16 was my favorite. It felt as though every team knew a play that would get 17 yards.

Reactions: 1 person
I like Chief and i think he kept Fulmers head above water for the last few years they were here.Don't know if he is worth 1.1 million dollars.All that matters is what LSU thinks of him.And they think he is worth that.

I like Chief and i think he kept Fulmers head above water for the last few years they were here.Don't know if he is worth 1.1 million dollars.All that matters is what LSU thinks of him.And they think he is worth that.

:fireworks:

Yes he's worth it. And yes he does recruit, just not as much as some. Read somewhere once that on of the Berry twins said that Chavis was one of the big reasons he was considering LSU.

Exactly. I love how some wanna bash him and yet nation wide he is very well respected.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I for one don't bash anyone that was here during our great years. I am forever grateful for that stretch, and our national championship.

OP, you're an AU, UA, and UT fan?? :eek:hmy:

I didn't know that was possible...or legal!!

UT then Bama I can understand. But that other team? Really? I think I am going to puke.....

Edit: On second thought, having grown up in Bama, AU and UA is not possible, ethical, moral, or legal. You are obviously a troll.

If UT did not have 3rd and Chavis, how bad would Fulmers record be?

His defense won many ballgames at UT.

His defenses lost several big ones also.....I remember a 62 point trouncing in Gainesville.

The Chief is a good guy. Every D-scheme have an Achillies Heel - even Saban's. Once the OC's figure it out they exploit it. Despite some posters' attempt to say otherwise, the Mustang and its variants was his at UT. Most of the 3rd and Chavis first downs came after using that scheme because we never seemed to have two physical CB's with speed on the field at the same time. The OC's would use more protection for the QB, run one side of the secondary down the field, draw the other side to the sideline with a WR or TE, and then send the slot on a deeper crossing or flag pattern over the middle of the field. Sometimes they sent the slot down the field or on a deep out pattern and had the WR do the crossing. Either way it would wind up a first down pass or TD. If the CB's could not mess the timing up or keep up, the safety was out of the picture and it was over.

Ultimately it was Fulmer's fault to even allow that D to be used. Everything else The Chief used or uses is excellent.

he should demand a lot more than $1.1 million from lsu---they have millions in profits and should pay at least $1.8 mil.

The Chief is a good guy. Every D-scheme have an Achillies Heel - even Saban's. Once the OC's figure it out they exploit it. Despite some posters' attempt to say otherwise, the Mustang and its variants was his at UT. Most of the 3rd and Chavis first downs came after using that scheme because we never seemed to have two physical CB's with speed on the field at the same time. The OC's would use more protection for the QB, run one side of the secondary down the field, draw the other side to the sideline with a WR or TE, and then send the slot on a deeper crossing or flag pattern over the middle of the field. Sometimes they sent the slot down the field or on a deep out pattern and had the WR do the crossing. Either way it would wind up a first down pass or TD. If the CB's could not mess the timing up or keep up, the safety was out of the picture and it was over.

Ultimately it was Fulmer's fault to even allow that D to be used. Everything else The Chief used or uses is excellent.

I am confused. Was he the DC or not? If he was, he deserves the 3rd and Chavis. If he wasn't, then who was. I NEVER saw Fulmer calling defenses, a lot of dumbass offense, but never defenses. Either way, he isn't worth 1.1 mill.

His defenses lost several big ones also.....I remember a 62 point trouncing in Gainesville.

That 59-20 beatdown was partly huge talent dicrepency as well as UTs horrible offensive day putting defense in tough situations. Heck Eric Berry scored 6 of those 20 points for us. The entire team struggled that day. Even Eric missing on an end zone play earlier was one of Floridas 59. I cant play all that on the Chief. Now if you wanna blame Chief for the Bama game. No reason DJ Hall should have caught like 15 passes underneath for over 200 yards. Corners should have been instructed to press up after it was apparent that was what John Parker Wilsons intentions were that day.

I would wait to see what he can do without Saban before I call him the best of the best.

Truth. Many of coordinators have gotten accolades under Saban then it all changes for said coach when they step out on their own.

VN Store

Back