John Brice lists other candidates

To be fair he's had 4 years at Troy and hasn't landed a P5 gig yet, maybe a bigger (better paying) OC position in the SEC can open up a P5 job?
Fair point. I hope he has a similar line of thinking should UT come calling

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
I'm pretty sure we've got Bama over a barrel (haha, like we can have Bama over a barrel as they go for their upteenth championship). This is what is happening in my head:

Nicky now has a choice to make. Enos wants the OC slot but told Nicky that if he doesn't get it, he's gone. Meanwhile, Pruitt and Enos have talked, that if Saban passes over Enos for Freeze, Enos is welcome at UT. Also, Pruitt and Freeze may have an agreement that if Saban promotes Enos, Freeze is welcome at UT.

Saban wants Freeze, but you KNOW he wants to keep Enos too. But he knows he can't. In Pruitt's book, I'm thinking that maybe he feels there isn't much of difference in Freeze and Enos in the state of the program right now. And most likely has a better relationship with Enos.

I'd like to think that the pressure is all on Saban (yeah, right): and Pruitt and Fulmer are sitting back and watching it play out over cigars and whiskey. Because either way we upgrade.

So leave me alone. I enjoy living in this fantasy scenario because I have been through them all with all of you wonderful people for the last 10 days. And its just as plausible as any other one lol

Briles would be awesome but did he even look to see the man signed a contract already? It’s not going to be Briles. No one else on that list excites me at all.

I'm pretty sure we've got Bama over a barrel (haha, like we can have Bama over a barrel as they go for their upteenth championship). This is what is happening in my head:

Nicky now has a choice to make. Enos wants the OC slot but told Nicky that if he doesn't get it, he's gone. Meanwhile, Pruitt and Enos have talked, that if Saban passes over Enos for Freeze, Enos is welcome at UT. Also, Pruitt and Freeze may have an agreement that if Saban promotes Enos, Freeze is welcome at UT.

Saban wants Freeze, but you KNOW he wants to keep Enos too. But he knows he can't. In Pruitt's book, I'm thinking that maybe he feels there isn't much of difference in Freeze and Enos in the state of the program right now. And most likely has a better relationship with Enos.

I'd like to think that the pressure is all on Saban (yeah, right): and Pruitt and Fulmer are sitting back and watching it play out over cigars and whiskey. Because either way we upgrade.

So leave me alone. I enjoy living in this fantasy scenario because I have been through them all with all of you wonderful people for the last 10 days. And its just as plausible as any other one lol
Enjoyed this post! :)

Briles would be awesome but did he even look to see the man signed a contract already? It’s not going to be Briles. No one else on that list excites me at all.
From what I read, Briles signed a 3 year $2.1 million but his buyout is like 50% of his remaining base salary. Which is nothing for Tennessee to pay.

Reactions: igotworms

I actually don’t think it’s that far fetched and highly plausible

I
Looks as if our program has hit rock bottom.
If one of the listed guys gets hired then I dont think we would be anywhere near rock bottom. Especially if it's the Cowboy OC. Think he might be a fun one to have running the show.

Neal Brown is would also be a solid hire.

Prefer Freeze just for name recogniton/ splash and he is proven in the SEC West. But the others would be good also

To be fair he's had 4 years at Troy and hasn't landed a P5 gig yet, maybe a bigger (better paying) OC position in the SEC can open up a P5 job?
To be even more fair, he could wiki Scott Satterfield and learn the value of waiting that extra season...if someone doesn’t snatch him up this year. Coaching developments occur all off season...starting in the FIRST WEEK.

VN Store

Back