John Brice lists other candidates

This is what I saw as well. Assuming the last name is Dan Enos, I think any of these names would be really solid. Especially Brown (though I doubt he leaves his HC spot)
Brown makes 800000 we could pay more

Brown makes 800000 we could pay more
Yeah, I suppose money talks. Just seems weird to me to change posts when he could snag a P5 head coaching gig if he stays put. Heck, I wouldn’t have minded if we had hired him last year.

Briles recently (like in the last week) signed a new contract with Houston 3 yr 2.1 million, with a 25% buyout. Briles would be my dream hire for our OC plus he is great recruiter plus he will open up Texas.
50% buyout, but still, we paid more to Butch to NOT coach here than we would buying out Briles TO coach here.

But there again, I have no issues with any of those names. And am glad that we can finally close the book on Freeze.

It doesn't matter we need at least 2 good recruiting classes to be even close to almost everybody in the SEC
It most certainly does matter. What are you talking about? Cant get two at once, only one at a time.

Look no further than our “AD” for the snag. According to Chris Lowe.
I'd like Freeze, but Fulmer/Pruitt pretty smart, and seemingly normal guys, so if they have their reasons for not bringing him on board, I'm OK with that...just make sure the decision is a good one...jobs ultimately on the line. But, then again, Chris Lowe meanderings haven't exactly been gospel here of late.

He didn't say Texans' OC.

Per his Twitter, he said the following are candidates:

Houston OC Kendal Briles
Oklahoma State OC Mike Yurcich
Troy HC Neal Brown
Unnamed SEC OC
All very good options. Just don’t believe anything reported by anyone anymore when it comes to UT coaching searches.

How many people expected Helton to be named OC? Zero.

Yeah, I suppose money talks. Just seems weird to me to change posts when he could snag a P5 head coaching gig if he stays put. Heck, I wouldn’t have minded if we had hired him last year.
To be fair he's had 4 years at Troy and hasn't landed a P5 gig yet, maybe a bigger (better paying) OC position in the SEC can open up a P5 job?

He just said on 104.5 the zone in Nashville that Hugh freeze was all but a done deal, but hit a snag somewhere!!! So now he's saying Texans oc Oklahoma states oc and Neal brown at Troy!!!!

Neal Brown?
giphy.gif

VN Store

Back