Joe Milton question

Tennman47

So I love our coach and team and I think Milton has got his throwing fixed. The question I have is does he have the game winning instinct now or is he still going to run out of bounds. Thoughts?

Considering how well he played in the Orange bowl... I think we are in good hands.

7sgs52.jpg

So I love our coach and team and I think Milton has got his throwing fixed. The question I have is does he have the game winning instinct now or is he still going to run out of bounds. Thoughts?
I attribute it to what it was, IMO. A mistake and lack of awareness for the time on the clock. 1 play doesn't mean he that doesn't have the game winning instinct. Tom Brady had a 4th down blunder himself a couple years ago that ended the game for the Bucs.

ONCE AGAIN. Provide video evidence he ran OOB Before contact on that play or it did not happen.

You are on the clock.

How long are some of you going to hold this one out of bound mistake against him. As stated in the above post, Stabler rebounded quite well from his mistake. Joe will not be the perfect QB this season if that's what your expecting but he will do very well.
I had actually already forgotten about the throw out of bounds play. I'm more concerned about his ability to make down field throws and use some touch when it's needed. If he can play all season like he did in the orange bowl, we should be in great shape

We are fine. Milton gonna absolutely light the world on fire this season. To think one cant improve is laughable. All i have heard all off season is "he has accuracy issues" well, so did Bo Nix. He wasnt good at Auburn at all, now look at him. He was fantastic last year. Coaching goes along way.

I am not worried at all about Milton; does he make mistakes when things break down? Yes................but Hooker wasn't always perfect either; look at the over throws vs UGA. One thing you've got to love about Milton is he doesn't turn the ball over.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I am not worried at all about Milton; does he make mistakes when things break down? Yes................but Hooker wasn't always perfect either; look at the over throws vs UGA. One thing you've got to love about Milton is he doesn't turn the ball over.

I hope you are right. Hooker threw 5 INTs in two seasons at UT. If Milton has five or less in one season, then that would be great.

Reactions: tennrich1
I hope you are right. Hooker threw 5 INTs in two seasons at UT. If Milton has five or less in one season, then that would be great.
Hendon made great instant decisions. He has excellent situation awareness. Joe is not close. Check the Clemson tape, 7 punts. Three or 4 blown possessions due to Joe's hesitancy. Joe has other attributes but expect Vol offense to be more inconsistent.

Hendon made great instant decisions. He has excellent situation awareness. Joe is not close. Check the Clemson tape, 7 punts. Three or 4 blown possessions due to Joe's hesitancy. Joe has other attributes but expect Vol offense to be more inconsistent.
Clemson's defense deserves some credit for the punts and failed drives. They were one of the better defensive teams we faced last season. You are right though, Hendon made terrific decisions.

Reactions: TNbuc2
Kenny Stabler threw the ball out of bounds on 4th down against Tennessee thinking it would stop the clock. He obviously learned from that. Joe has learned too. He will do great this year. He has a tremendous teacher.
Man I hope he is somewhat close to Stabler‘s ability. I also hope he isn’t the QB for Florida last year, except the way he played against the Vols.

I hope Milton has a huge year. We need him to.
But once you get past arm strength, which is lowest on the list of things a QB needs to be successful, he has a lot of areas that need to improve for that to happen. Accuracy has been an issue and not just on deep throws. Decision making, staring down receivers and not going through progressions, not anticipating throws causing him to give up on plays and take sacks (see Clemson game), low football IQ. You can add that he is not very mobile and runs like he is scared to get hit. Hopefully he can build on how he played against Clemson but there is a lot of improvement needed.

This is so spot on. People need to get their head around this or they’re gonna have a freak out.

He gonna be the first Heisman that we have ever had! Get ready to see the score board light up and us on ESPN every Saturday on the highlight reel. We all are aware of his arm strength and you just know with his size, he’s gonna Tebow us rushing TD’s!

Y’all ESPN haters are going to be commenting on how ESPN really likes us now!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
We won’t know until the season plays out. But I have a ton of confidence in him. He obviously has the tools to be great. I’m hoping what we saw from him at the end of last season carries over and we have a successful season. But I really want it for Joe. I’ve never met him but he comes across as a good guy. He’s put in the time and I hope he is successful and in doing so our team wins a lot of games.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back