JG Performance Opinion Poll

How would Jake Fromm have performed as the UT QB if he came in for QD mid season?

• Total voters
I think JG would have thrived at UGA and absolutely took them to the NCG. Again, some Vol fans just do not take into account how important a great surrounding cast is. Fromm had an elite defense, the best RB corps in the nation, a great OL and good WRs. Oh and lets not forget about top notch play calling. JG had literally NONE of that.

I am not writing off what Fromm was working with, but I am also not going to ignore what he did with what he was given, his decision making, his leadership, etc. JG just isn't mature enough (yet) to simply fill those shoes in a reverse role.

He is young and does not have a lot of experience on the college level.
What I like about him, is you can tell he really, really wants to win.
I like that in a player.

Reactions: 2 people
I am still wishing we had found a way to get Trevor Lawrence. I would have changed my name to Lawrence4Heisman. Oh well........

JG had to deal with the worst coaching staff ever assembled last year, and was never fully backed by the coaching staff and the team fell apart because of coaching.

How about let Helton who is a great QB coach, help this kid before we judge him.

Keep in mind Butch didn't even believe in doing 7-7!!!

Hard to get good QB play when you don't even practice with you're wide recivers

You say that last year was the worst coaching staff
Ask Butch and he will tell you that we had the best staff in America. Don't believe me? Just ask BUTch and he will tell you

From 15 starts. 5 200 yard games
JG 5 starts. 2 200 yard games

Games with 230 plus.

2 each.

1 stat doesn't paint the picture by itself.

JG: 2/1 td/in ratio, 127 rating

Fromm: 7/1 td/int ratio, 160 rating, 0 tv shots of a temper tantrum on the sideline.

I am not writing off what Fromm was working with, but I am also not going to ignore what he did with what he was given, his decision making, his leadership, etc. JG just isn't mature enough (yet) to simply fill those shoes in a reverse role.

Your comments here just reinforce my point. Fromm was literally given everything a QB in college needs to be successful. Look at it this way. Can you honestly name 1 Tennessee player, other than maybe Trey Smith, that would have started at Georgia last year?

Dont waste your time because there wasnt one. Not one. JG is very talented. Having talent that you can truly rely on at almost every position, makes a QBs job much easier.

I think these questions will provide a comparative analysis that should really get to the truth of the fan base's faith in JG as the UT QB in 2018.

I am always amazed at how negative the posts are about him, but my guess is that it's less than 20% of the base making up 80% of the posts.

I think this Poll is clueless and will provide NOTHING in the way of info.
But hey it gave you something to do.:hi:

Your comments here just reinforce my point. Fromm was literally given everything a QB in college needs to be successful.
I think the point is Fromm was successful and the question is would JG have been? It's a pointless debate because nobody can answer it with certainty.

With all of the talent Fromm is surrounded with, he was very successful and made the most of it and was a play or two from being a champion. While there may not be many physical differences between the two (arm strentgh, etc.), it's impossible to know how JG's leadership, decision making, etc. would have played out at UGA. Fromm just has the "it" factor - swagger, quick decision making, leadership, etc. For those that insinuate he was a success just because of the team he was surrounded with (not saying you said that) are selling him short.

I personally think we win more games with Fromm under center than JG but who really knows.

Your comments here just reinforce my point. Fromm was literally given everything a QB in college needs to be successful. Look at it this way. Can you honestly name 1 Tennessee player, other than maybe Trey Smith, that would have started at Georgia last year?

Dont waste your time because there wasnt one. Not one. JG is very talented. Having talent that you can truly rely on at almost every position, makes a QBs job much easier.

So one one hand I am proving your point. On the other hand you are telling me JG wouldn't have started over Fromm????

It was honestly just a terrible way to take a poll. Why tf is Fromm's name even mentioned? The two are completely different players, so comparing them in any way is stupid, regardless of circumstance.

If you want to poll people's opinions of JG, just ask them straight up. Options should read something along the lines of "Promising", "Question Mark", "Talented; but I have my doubts", and "Bust".

So... Why don’t you create that poll then? This one was for the 250 people so far who thought it was valuable enough to participate and for me as it accomplished my goal.

Sad.

Reactions: 1 person
I think JG may be a good QB with any kind of protection. He will have to be better or he want play I don't really think Pruitt will accept the mistakes Butch accepted. If we get the transfer 5th year player from Stanford JG has some real competition. I think this staff is better evaluating than Butch's bunch.

1 stat doesn't paint the picture by itself.

JG: 2/1 td/in ratio, 127 rating

Fromm: 7/1 td/int ratio, 160 rating, 0 tv shots of a temper tantrum on the sideline.

Your math is extra wrong.

Fromm 3/1 ratio 160 rating

JG 2/1 128.7 rating
134.06 rating in starts

Better rating and more tds for sure. But talent around them and coaching can account for that.

In starts JG threw for a higher percentage with about the same yards per game and ypa. On a much, much, much worse team.

Some of you need to get over his first game. Yall are pouting more than he ever did.

I think these questions will provide a comparative analysis that should really get to the truth of the fan base's faith in JG as the UT QB in 2018.

I am always amazed at how negative the posts are about him, but my guess is that it's less than 20% of the base making up 80% of the posts.

We all know that JG is not on the same level as Fromm. Anyone thinking otherwise is just wrong.

VN Store

Back