Je'Ron Stokes

he said he is announcing his decision on Philly CSN at 6:30pm EST on NSD.

6:30---why so late in the day? the crazy townspeople will already be drunk and trying to spongue up their Coors Light with Philly cheese steaks by then.

he should announce by 6:30 am at the very latest, if he wants to avoid drunken jeers.

wants to see who will go where. Illinois still has 2 4 star receivers in the mix, and wants to see what receivers goes to UT and Michigan I assume

He doesn't have to explain a thing. When the letters stop coming and the calls stop, they will figure it out on their own. How many offers do you think we had out there this year that Kiffin just did not follow up on because he didn't like the prospect? Besides, they are far too busy with this class to worry about next years recruits that don't fit the system. That really shouldn't be so hard to understand.

I guess I should have elaborated. I was suggesting that Fulmer had extended a verbal offer to Malik, he had already accepted, and that is why we locked up Je'ron so early. If that was the case then based on what CLK said, he would honor the offer and that is why we have now officially offered.

A bit far-fetched and not saying this is the case, but it would explain why we are offering someone that seems like the type that CLK would say doesn't fit his system. I realize that he doesn't have to honor offers and keep them on the table, but he said he would honor commitments. He didn't qualify that by saying only ones from this years class.

I guess I should have elaborated. I was suggesting that Fulmer had extended a verbal offer to Malik, he had already accepted, and that is why we locked up Je'ron so early. If that was the case then based on what CLK said, he would honor the offer and that is why we have now officially offered.

A bit far-fetched and not saying this is the case, but it would explain why we are offering someone that seems like the type that CLK would say doesn't fit his system. I realize that he doesn't have to honor offers and keep them on the table, but he said he would honor commitments. He didn't qualify that by saying only ones from this years class.

What happens if we get Je'ron to sign the LOI and Kiffin tells Malik next year that he doesn't think he'll fit the system? : ) I know he won't do that, though.

Kiffin hasn't pulled Malik's offer, but he hasn't assured him he could play QB. Malik has the offer to sign with Tennessee, but they'd like to try him out at another position.

No one expects Malik Stokes to beat out Tennessee's 2010 stud QB signee, so if he wants to play QB at college, he's going to have to do it elsewhere. If Malik has professional aspirations, he'd probably be better-served by switching positions now, wherever he goes.

Kiffin hasn't pulled Malik's offer, but he hasn't assured him he could play QB. Malik has the offer to sign with Tennessee, but they'd like to try him out at another position.

No one expects Malik Stokes to beat out Tennessee's 2010 stud QB signee, so if he wants to play QB at college, he's going to have to do it elsewhere. If Malik has professional aspirations, he'd probably be better-served by switching positions now, wherever he goes.

Agreed. I just hope the coaches have had time and the foresight to discuss this with the Stokes family. I really think it's over with Je'Ron, but keeping him would be one of the biggest gets outside of signing Marlon Brown IMO.

Here's some Malik quotes from a Rivals article dated 1/13---

cPanel®

"I've talked to Coach Kiffin and the new offensive coordinator at Tennessee. Both have been by the house. Basically they told me they really like me, but they didn't say either way if my offer was still there or not. They said they would look at my tape, evaluate it, and let me know. Hopefully they decide to offer, and I think that's what they'll do."

"Where he [Je'Ron] goes isn't going to be a major deal to me though. We play different positions, and the quarterback position is unique. He may go somewhere that wouldn't be the best opportunity for me. We'll see what happens."

He also said he's open to everybody at this point and is hearing from many schools that aren't on Je'Ron's list.

Also, two wide receiver prospects who had been rumored to be considering last-minute recruiting trips to Athens, Je’Ron Stokes of Philadelphia (committed to Tennessee) and Nu’Keese Richardson of Pahokee, Fla., (committed to Florida) also did not make it to Georgia.

Welcome to AJC! | ajc.com

Dang it! My comp is on the floor! Son of a.........

But I am happy Je'ron didn't go to GA. One for sure less worry!

Austin Price---

"I spoke with Je'Ron tonight by phone and he is still struggling with a decision. He said it changes all the time. His hope is to make a decision tomorrow and at latest by Tuesday."

It changes all the time? I hope it changes to UT just before he announces. Being the committed school has an advantage in a situation where someone can't make up his mind IMO.

cPanel®

"Tennessee has made a very strong push to show they bring just as much to the table as the former coaching staff," Ronald Stokes said.

"We've developed a great relationship with (Rich) Rodriguez and Michigan and they really made a great push. We really respect that coaching staff and what they bring to the table. Illinois, they have been there from day one and that relationship there is extremely strong."

I have been pretty impressed with what Frank Wilson has done with JeRon Stokes. The chatter that Stokes has been recruiting for Michigan is false. I heard this morning that Stokes would like to play in the SEC.

In other words the vibe on Stokes seems better than it has been the last couple of weeks.

per Hubbs

This is the receiver I really want. He runs great routes. I think he could be a stud. He would soften the blow of losing Marlon a little.

Stokes and Marlon would be a major coup, but I dont see either one happening

VN Store

Back