Je'Ron Stokes

I'm sure it's been stated on here...but if Jeron is going to base the biggest decision of his life on whether or not he will get the chance to play with his brother next year then he's not very smart...or he is being given some bad advice

Thank you for that Eric.
I wouldnt get too excited. After the in home on wednesday he feels better about the Hill, but I still think little brother is in play here. It will come down to CLK's offer to MS or not. If CLK's says no thanks to MS, then its all about the Zooker.

Rex my brother on the Illinois boards seems to think Michigan is a bigger threat then Illinois. Why do you think he is the Zookers, if kiff doesnt offer his brother, and not michigans?

"I'm sure it's been stated on here...but if Jeron is going to base the biggest decision of his life on whether or not he will get the chance to play with his brother next year then he's not very smart...or he is being given some bad advice"

not to uncommon...recruits commit to schools all the time over other schools because they have friends there...these guys are brothers...i understand the situation

malik is D1 material and jeron wants to play with him....cant knock him for it

I heard that Malik received one of the 70 or so scholarship offers that went out for 2010 from the new staff.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Jeron said that he was not visiting UGA this weekend. That's gotta be positive.

Last edited:
Jeron said that he was not visiting UGA this weekend and will be a Vol!

What i read on govolsxtra just said he was'nt visiting Georgia & that he would announce his decision on Wed it did'nt say anything about him being all vol.

I think if there is an offer on the table for his brother, it may be one that was extended by the previous staff and Kiffin is honoring that offer. He said he would honor all offers from the previous staff, not just for '09 recruits. I think Kiffin might have told Malik the same thing he told Boyd, and that has the Stokes' looking around. I would like to have Je'ron in orange, but I have little hope that it will happen now.

Kiffin isn't going to tell a 2010 prospect that he doesn't fit the system. That doesn't mean they can't discern it on their own though. If Malik wants to play QB, it will likely be somewhere other than UT.

Kiffin isn't going to tell a 2010 prospect that he doesn't fit the system. That doesn't mean they can't discern it on their own though. If Malik wants to play QB, it will likely be somewhere other than UT.

which is why we lose Jeron

now the prevalent thought is that its UM and UT battling it out. My gut says the Zooker strikes.

He will if the previous staff was the one to extend the offer and he doesn't want them

There will be no need to. We will probably have 90% of our class in stone by then. I would say we will see commitments a lot earlier going foward.
with earlier commitments comes kids second-guessing their decision...I hope this "year of wavering" doesn't now become a common practice by prospects year in and year out.

with earlier commitments comes kids second-guessing their decision...I hope this "year of wavering" doesn't now become a common practice by prospects year in and year out.

It happens every year, but like I said a day or so ago, Kiffin will want UT to be a USC/Texas/tOSU and get commits solid so that way they can worry about winning games instead of getting commits. Those 3 programs have been VERY successful at that and you can see the results have translated to the field. I would say we have 3-6 2011 commits before NSD in 2010.

He will if the previous staff was the one to extend the offer and he doesn't want them

He doesn't have to explain a thing. When the letters stop coming and the calls stop, they will figure it out on their own. How many offers do you think we had out there this year that Kiffin just did not follow up on because he didn't like the prospect? Besides, they are far too busy with this class to worry about next years recruits that don't fit the system. That really shouldn't be so hard to understand.

VN Store

Back