Je'Ron Stokes

Rivals article also says Stokes will get in touch with other Vol targets from PA and surrounding areas.

Dorian Bell - Football Recruiting

Corey Brown - Football Recruiting

Eric Shrive - Football Recruiting

Jelani Jenkins - Football Recruiting

As well as Savage mentioned earlier. If he could actually help us with these guys we would be golden...not to mention have a pipeline into PA. All speculation of course.

OLB is a big necessity in this class. We need someone who can come in and immediately play since Myers-White and McKenzie will be gone. Dorian Bell and Jelani Jenkins would be a real nice combo.

OLB is a big necessity in this class. We need someone who can come in and immediately play since Myers-White and McKenzie will be gone. Dorian Bell and Jelani Jenkins would be a real nice combo.

Even if Tennessee only gets one or two OLBs they'll still be tremendously deep there.

Even if Tennessee only gets one or two OLBs they'll still be tremendously deep there.

After this season we will have Rico McCoy, Savion Frazier, Marlon Walls, Lamarcus Thompson, and Dorian Davis. I think Frazier might be MLB too. So 4 guys have to play 2 positions. ROLB and LOLB.

I forgot about Josh Hawkins. Will he play MLB or OLB?

We really need atleast 2 OLB in this class.

After this season we will have Rico McCoy, Savion Frazier, Marlon Walls, Lamarcus Thompson, and Dorian Davis. I think Frazier might be MLB too. So 4 guys have to play 2 positions. ROLB and LOLB.

Davis is off the team.

Davis is gone. Herman Lathers will be an OLB. Nick Reveiz at MLB. Hawkins is an OLB.

Davis is gone. Herman Lathers will be an OLB. Nick Reveiz at MLB. Hawkins is an OLB.

That's three deep, I guess. I still think we need to get atleast 2 OLB. The LB's in Chavis' system are supposed to be able to play all positions anyways.

It will be tough to sway Jenkins from Virginia. He's taken a couple visits already and his teammate is committed there. Bell & Brown would be huge. Judging by what Bell had to say about his Penn St visit, he is looking for a school that doesn't have a lot of depth at LB.

These quotes stood out to me:

"He really kind of sealed the deal," Stokes said of Scott, the first-year UT assistant coach. "His personality, his style, his fairness, I have an opportunity to come in and play. That's all I asked for."

If Scott can keep this up, having the recruiting duo of Drayton and him would be marvelous.

and

I wanted to be the first one. With my status, I think I can help bring other players in.

April is nice and early for this to happen.

The statement about thinking he can help bring other players in is key IMO. The Vols needed a Top 100 type prospect to get the ball rolling. I'd expect some other targets to jump on board now since they have to think that they cannot just wait until after the season to decide on UTK and still expect a space to be there for them.

The statement about thinking he can help bring other players in is key IMO. The Vols needed a Top 100 type prospect to get the ball rolling. I'd expect some other targets to jump on board now since they have to think that they cannot just wait until after the season to decide on UTK and still expect a space to be there for them.

Agreed....now lets find some defensive linemen.

This is excellent news. Hillbilly's right, if this kid will make some calls and we can get some momentum, I think the sky's the limit for this class. It's really going to come down to the product we put on the field this year. If we do well, watch out, we can clean up.

This fires me up, but in all fairness, let's get a kid that didnt have a relative, pastor, or neighbor that played for us. Not saying that the Mark Jones connection devalues this commit, but I want to see the staff reel one in that's based on nothing but their recruiting ability. I know that many of you will go nuts when you read this, but hear me out. We cant count on top flight prospects having a connection to us every year. That being said, I predict big things out of Scott.

This fires me up, but in all fairness, let's get a kid that didnt have a relative, pastor, or neighbor that played for us. Not saying that the Mark Jones connection devalues this commit, but I want to see the staff reel one in that's based on nothing but their recruiting ability. I know that many of you will go nuts when you read this, but hear me out. We cant count on top flight prospects having a connection to us every year. That being said, I predict big things out of Scott.

I understand your point Rex...but networking=recruiting ability. What we need to do is find that d lineman who is third cousins twice removed from Albert Haynesworth or John Henderson.

How old are Big Cheese's kids now?

Here is the rivals info on Stokes brother Malik Stokes. He is a QB and had pretty good numbers for a sophomore. He is not real tall but would probably be okay for a college QB. My guess is they would probably convert him to WR.

Malik Stokes - Football Recruiting

I understand your point Rex...but networking=recruiting ability. What we need to do is find that d lineman who is third cousins twice removed from Albert Haynesworth or John Henderson.

How old are Big Cheese's kids now?

eventually you end up with guys like Jacob Golic commiting to ND. He's a 1 star TE.

Here is the rivals info on Stokes brother Malik Stokes. He is a QB and had pretty good numbers for a sophomore. He is not real tall but would probably be okay for a college QB. My guess is they would probably convert him to WR.

Malik Stokes - Football Recruiting

no way we could take him. We need to go after players that have absolutely no connection to UT at all to prove the recruiters are doing their jobs.

eventually you end up with guys like Jacob Golic commiting to ND. He's a 1 star TE.

We did pass on Mayo's brother

no way we could take him. We need to go after players that have absolutely no connection to UT at all to prove the recruiters are doing their jobs.

We did pass on Mayo's brother

yep, that's exactly what I was saying. Let's only take kids that have no connection to Tennessee. Thanks, PJ, for being so astute.

VN Store

Back