Je'Ron Stokes

Your kinda behind on this one. The offer has never been rescinded by Kiffin for Malik. Malik was offered by the last staff as part of getting Je'Ron.

My bad ! I don't see all the threads. My vote is for you to run Scout and Rivals. They need to update their info a lot more quickly.

Kiffin said he would re-evaluate Malik but didn't take away the scholly offer at this point. If he would have, Je'Ron would have already decommitted.

Man, this title needs to be changed. People are gonna get on in the morning and be ticked off.

I don't see Kiffin pulling a Dan Mullen. Pulling a kids scholly after it has been offered is not cool.

He wouldnt pull it....but he'd do like he did with Tahj Boyd where it's hinted they should go elsewhere but it's done so that they make the final decision on whether or not they'd be here and not him...and it's their fault not his

I chaned the title to SHOULD. I didn't want to make anyone upset. But, it didn't appear to have changed the title on the home page. Sorry, hopefully, my prediction will hold. I think Wilson locked him up!

Philadelphia Northeast wide receiver Je'Ron Stokes had a tremendous visit to Michigan, and despite a soft commitment to Tennessee, he seems wide open at this point. Stokes is scheduled to visit Illinois this weekend, and Illini coaches are selling him on eventually replacing Arrelious Benn. Following that, Stokes will visit Penn State on Jan. 30 and make a decision after that weekend. The Nittany Lions have a full boat for 2009 but would be hard-pressed to turn away Stokes. Michigan still is searching for another wide receiver in this class, and Stokes is at the top of its list along with Georgia tight end Terrell Mitchell, whom the staff thinks can play wide receiver. Illinois and Oklahoma were Stokes' other top schools before his early commitment to Tennessee, but the Sooners haven't reached out since the coaching change in Knoxville.

I don't think his brother is going to come into play here. Seeing Malik live, he's not a dual-threat kid really, he's more of a pocket passer and I think Je'Ron just goes with what he feels most comfortable with in the end.

<script language="javascript"> if (getCookie(&quot;HideSigs&quot;) != 1) { document.writeln('Mike Farrell<br><br>Rivals.com National Recruiting Analyst'); } </script>Mike Farrell

Rivals.com National Recruiting Analyst

I have not seen anything really about Je'Ron's brother to know what to think about him.
I have heard that Malik is most likely bound to Illinois or some other Big10 school.

Does he have any offers yet? Is he getting consideration anywhere?

I thought Stokes was gone for sure, and he still might be. However, I feel better about him now that Frank Wilson took a visit to see him. Apparently Stokes was really impressed with coach Wilson. If we get Stokes to sign on NSD, I will be impressed too. This staff Kiffin has put together is unbelievable.

I dont think our current staff is going to take that approach. I think you see them encourage guys to take their visits.

only wish he wouldnt have already used his official back when the previous staff was here....kiffin and the crew could have sold it for sure

Hypothetical situation. You have a 95% chance at landing a Larry Fitzgerald caliber WR if you offer his brother a scholarship, would you do it?

I don't even have to think about the answer to this question. I would forfeit 3 scholarships to land 1 player of that quality.

WE had Benji Shuler and Jermaine Kent...

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="padding: 6px;" valign="top">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="padding: 6px;" valign="top">4 star WR Je'Ron Stokes....</td><td 1="" class="" style="padding: 6px;" valign="bottom" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">Reply</td></tr></tbody></table><hr color="#cccccc" noshade="noshade"> Am hearing more and more that Stokes fell in love with Michigan on his visit and that the Wolverines are the team to beat heading into his visit this weekend to Illinois.

<script language="javascript"> if (getCookie(&quot;HideSigs&quot;) != 1) { document.writeln('Mike Farrell<br><br>Rivals.com National Recruiting Analyst'); } </script>Mike Farrell

</td><td style="padding: 6px;" class="" 1="" valign="bottom" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Well, if he goes to Michigan you can pretty much say it's because of his brother since RR is there now. Good luck to him I guess.

VN Store

Back