Jeremy Pruitt Show

FLSTF-VOL

Blood runs ORANGE!
Just watched it. Gotta tell ya, Coach Pruitt looks like he had rather be at the dentist instead of doing that show. LOL One thing that I did notice is that he seems to be very reluctant to be positive. Not saying that’s a bad thing just that it seems like he’s trying to control expectations. Looked like Bob was trying to get him talking but he really wasn’t having any of it. Didn’t see him as being negative just very reserved.

Have you watched the previous two shows?

Pruitt was actually upbeat today compared to the WVU show, and he wasn’t that excited after the ETSU game.

But, today he seemed a bit more relaxed and ready to play Florida. He even commented that big conference games such as this one was the reason he came to Tennessee.

Just watched it. Gotta tell ya, Coach Pruitt looks like he had rather be at the dentist instead of doing that show. LOL One thing that I did notice is that he seems to be very reluctant to be positive. Not saying that’s a bad thing just that it seems like he’s trying to control expectations. Looked like Bob was trying to get him talking but he really wasn’t having any of it. Didn’t see him as being negative just very reserved.
He knows we aren't very good. He wants us to play sound, fundamental football. He doesn't care about the score. He wants consistancy.

He want us to make the fewest mistakes. None are acceptable.

He wants 60 minutes of consistent 100% effort on game day.

He wants to protect the ball. No fumbles, no sacks, no blocked kicks. Protect the Quarteback, the kickers, and the running backs.

He wants the DBs to cover, the linemen to block, the players to cause fumbles, to make interceptions, to return them for scores, to tackle properly.

Where have we heard this before?

I like that he thinks, talks, and acts like he does. That's how winners think, talk, and act. We've seen it before.

Last edited:
They are doing a fabulous job not allowing expectations to get out of control.

Reactions: ksgovols
Doesn't matter how he looks or sounds on TV as long as he eventually turns us around. No one should expect miracles this season, just progress. As long as that happens, we'll know we're at least headed in the right direction.

I'm encouraged by his commentary. Rather than pile on fluff with empty praise he continues to want more. Long completion downfield? "I'd like to see him highpoint that ball". Defensive stop for no gain? "I want to see us push the pile backwards." 9 yard carry by the rb? "He needs to do a better job following his blockers."

I'm encouraged by his commentary. Rather than pile on fluff with empty praise he continues to want more. Long completion downfield? "I'd like to see him highpoint that ball". Defensive stop for no gain? "I want to see us push the pile backwards." 9 yard carry by the rb? "He needs to do a better job following his blockers."

Agreed. He's letting this team know there's always more that CAN be done and done better. What's that quote from Lombardi? "Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

Its refreshing to hear him observe the game! I can’t imagine the pumpers liking all of Pruitts negative comments lol
I can tell Pruitt knows what championship football should look like

Reactions: TN_Transplant
“He should just be glad we won”

Blue font 😂

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Doesn't matter how he looks or sounds on TV as long as he eventually turns us around. No one should expect miracles this season, just progress. As long as that happens, we'll know we're at least headed in the right direction.
Ok, well I was simply making an observation that he didn’t seem to enjoy doing the show.

I hope he enjoys being our coach lol dude looks like he is miserable

Reactions: Vol777
I’m probably wasting my time typing this but Pruitt is breaking the colts he’s not just interested in winning by cobbling together a team he wants to win the right way.

Players’ effort and execution has to reflect his philosophies and approach to create a culture of winning not just competing which is where we are now. Without that winning isn’t sustainable.

This is what most on this board don’t grasp. Pruitt’s objective isn’t to beat FL next week or anybody else if that requires taking shortcuts and doing things to undermine his long term vision. He will play it straight up his way bc that’s the way it needs to be done even if that means taking the L when he could have done something different just to win the game.

This is gonna drive most fans nuts bc they just take each game at a time and want to win no matter what. Even if the win today comes at the expense of the entire program long term bc they can’t see it.

Btw that’s the Jones philosophy in a nutshell: borrow today against your future until you become so overextended the entire structure collapses. Same approach gets applied to recruiting, media, and everything else. Do the immediate thing to look good today and save your as$ not the right thing to build the future. That’s why we’re in the mess we’re in today.

So for all who can’t see it there’s your answer to the difference between Pruitt and Jones. It’s not just W and L’s or star ranking of recruits. It’s getting the RIGHT recruits and achieving W’s —and L’s — the RIGHT way.

Gotta look beyond the W’s and L’s to the bigger picture. Takes a big set to do this as fans after what we’ve been through and an even bigger set to do this as hc.

Pruitt’s approach is the championship path. We’ll know for sure in year 3 if he’s the right guy. Until then I’m standing with coach even when it gets ugly this year. And it will count on that.

Would not destroy Pruitt's ego to dish out a little more praise for this team. I do not care who we are playing, any team that totally shuts out another team deserves at least a little praise. After all, the team we beat (without scoring a point) is getting a free college education. Anyone who has ever worked as an administrator is taught that it is extremely important to dish out a little praise along with ridicule !!!!!!!!!!

VN Store

Back